April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, Skeeterbd, SKB, JDH, Researcher, 1 invisible), 850 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you for your insight Mike. I'm still considering it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: Der Ami
You should insist the seller have it repaired, and suggest he send it to New England Custom Guns or Doug Turnbull. There are others that can do the work, in a fine manner.
Mike

Yes. If he can't get it fixed I would pass and move on.

Jagermeister, I would actually expect to see you tell us that you bought the gun... when it was actually placed on layaway.

Later, you would back out of the deal as you have so many other times. I'm still amazed that a guy who doesn't own even one lousy double feels the need to post here and pretend that he is a double gun owner. Remember how you told us that you actually bought these guns, and even went on to tell us how great the recoil pad worked on the Remington 870 pump? Turns out none of that was the truth. Sad.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had bunch of guns I put money on but found something different I liked down the road. There was a Perazzi O/U, Ithaca NID, Ithaca 37 Supreme solid rib, Remington 879 Police Magnum, Browning Citori. I have now cured that problem and no longer put stuff on layaway because it does not work for me. I now put stuff on 24 hour hold. If a man can't make their mind in 24 hours they never will.

There are two reasons I would not buy this gun. One we have very few gunsmiths capable of fixing it making process long and expensive. Two the gun has aluminum alloy receiver. I would not look at old Zeiss scope as a bonus it is old and I suspect optically it would be inferior to my sub $300 Japanese Ziess 3-9x42. I gave my advise and the poster can do what he wants it's his money and his decision.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Are the Dural receivers a poor choice? I had heard they were strengthened with steel at the key wear points...

I cannot lie, I like a light gun, which is what drew me to the Dural receiver vice a steel one. In 7x57R and 16 gauge would it not be strong enough or is this merely a wear concern?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't comment on the strength and durability of these guns with Dural actions because I have no experience with them personally. Jagermeister also has no experience with them, and he doesn't even own any drillings or double guns. But that doesn't stop him from coming here and offering advice on things he has zero knowledge about.

Jagermeister, as you can see, is little more than a tire-kicker and a dreamer who would like us to think he is an experienced and knowledgeable double gun guy. I noticed last year that he has been telling us conflicting stories about the guns he has claimed to own and use, when actually, he only had them on layaway and later backed out of the deals. He also lied to us about his reloading and hunting activities. He has absolutely no credibility.

You can be anything you want here on the internet, IF YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT STORIES STRAIGHT! Poor Jagermeister can't keep his stories straight. He does claim to own an unnamed 4 1/2 lb. 20 gauge pump gun with an aluminum receiver and barrel. At this point, I'd have to see it and touch it to believe it. I own a very light Ithaca XKB XL 300 20 ga. 3" magnum semi-auto with aluminum receiver and alloy barrel that has held up well and never had any problems. A lot of firearms are now using receivers or actions made of Dural, aluminum, and even steel reinforced polymers. They aren't my cup of tea, but millions of Glocks, etc. prove that reliable and durable guns can be built out of materials other than steel.

If you like the gun, I think the advice you were given to use the crossbolt issue as a bargaining chip may be the best path. I'd try contacting Heym USA or some gunsmiths who are familiar with this gun to get an idea or estimate of what you may be getting into. I'd assume replacement parts are available from Heym which would be more economical than fabricating something that is unavailable. Considering the B.S. that Jagermeister posts here, I doubt if he actually even owns a Japanese built Zeiss 3x9-42 scope. The guy actually RENTS a cheap Chinese .22 bolt action rifle. Let us know what you find out.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

fallschirmjaeger,
Without speaking to the particular gun you are considering, since I have never seen it, I offer the following. I have a Dural frame Meffert drilling in 16/16/6.5x57R( it too had been 7x57R until some friends and I rebuilt/rebarreled it since it had been buried in the ground to hide it from US after the war). It has 60 cm barrels is very light and handy, and is a joy to hunt with. It was originally built in 1938, so Dural has been used in receivers for a long time. They have steel hinge pins and steel bushings at the case heads( make sure they are tight) to take the wear and pressures. As far as the postwar Zeiss vs modern Japanese Zeiss is concerned, I have a different opinion than the above, but that is not the question. It is absolutely a plus compared to a drilling without scope.It would likely cost $1000 or more for claw mounts, plus the cost of what ever scope is mounted.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have problems with guns in which components are made of aluminum alloys. I just thought there would be little anyone could do if there is some kind of damage to alloy action inside. As I said the decision is up to the poster, therefore, risks vs. benefits should be closely examined.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So once again Jagermeister, you are making recommendations about a gun when you have zero personal knowledge about it. What drives you to do this? You certainly are not a gunsmith, and you don't own one of these Heym Dural drillings. In fact, you don't own even one lousy double, let alone a drilling. But none of that stops you from offering useless advice here that quite often strays far from the intended subject of double guns.

I'm interested in what sort of personal mental problem or deficiency you have which makes one wish to pretend to be something they obviously are not... particularly when you feel the need to resort to making totally dishonest statements about the guns you own, your reloading activities, hunting activities, etc. Dishonesty is not civility, and when you can't keep your bullshit stories straight and get busted, it makes you look very small and pathetic. Yet you keep coming back to do it again and again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

I own a very light Ithaca XKB XL 300 20 ga. 3" magnum semi-auto with aluminum receiver and alloy barrel that has held up well and never had any problems.

That's SKB and light contour steel barrel with chromed bore isn't same as alloy barrel or alloy barrel with steel liner Mr. Molecular Biology Stem Cell research expert. crazy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, it is SKB. That was what is known as a typo Jagermeister... not claiming to own a gun that is actually on layaway, and one that I will later back out of the deal and never actually own. Look at where the S and the X are located on your keyboard to see how easy it is to make this error. I got a good deal on that SKB because the guy who sold it said it wouldn't eject low brass shells. There is a little selector under the forearm with an "L" and and "H", and it was set on "H". The barrel is an alloy Mr. Metallurgist. Modern steel is composed of various metals including iron, nickel, chromium, vanadium, molybdenum, etc., i.e., an alloy. I never said it was some lightweight aluminum alloy with a steel liner. I can't even give you a "nice try" for your lame reply. Talk about a battle of wits with an unarmed man!

Instead of dissecting my posts looking for some tiny error, you really ought to examine why you feel the pathetic need to dishonestly claim to own guns that you don't have, and why you feel the need to post about things that you have zero knowledge about. Then you could work on getting a decent job in Trump's economy so that you could actually buy just one lousy double... to have some small reason to post here. And maybe then you could even afford to purchase a .22 rimfire rifle instead of having to rent a cheap Chinese bolt action .22 LR.

And lastly Jagermeister, you could hope against hope that medical science will develop a stem cell procedure to grow you some brains. But I'd expect that both you and your pal Ed Good have immune systems that reject brain cells as foreign invaders.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.