March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Researcher, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, damascus, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 660 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ttt
I got my Specialty Grade back today from Mr. Little. He was able to sleeve just the one barrel that had burst while saving the undamaged original left barrel, the original top ventilated rib and the bottom ribs, as well as all original barrel top lettering on both barrels.

Pictures to follow as soon as I can take some and get them posted...Geo

Oh, it turned out very well indeed!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pictures below of the 32" barrel L.C. Smith Specialty Grade. The sleeve is in the right barrel. Very difficult to detect:

I wish I had thought to ask him to replace the precious metal seam between the vent rib and the standing top rib.

I hope that Aaron Little (Gunmaker) will feel free to discuss the particulars of the job. He can certainly answer questions regarding the process much better than I. Particularly the challenges presented by only sleeving one barrel instead of both...Geo

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Fantastic, another one returns to useful life
Thank you for posting
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The work was done by:
A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo,
Have you shot the gun yet? Steve Bodio has a big, square shouldered LC that he swears handles like a Purdey, if you close your eyes.

I want one of whatever he's drinking.

Curious, you reported a problem with a Japanese Browning SLE in your stable, what, exactly, turned out to be the problem, there?
I've never heard of a problem with that version of the Browning.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Curious, you reported a problem with a Japanese Browning SLE in your stable, what, exactly, turned out to be the problem, there?
I've never heard of a problem with that version of the Browning.

Best,
Ted

The problem was that the fore-end came off with the ejector hammers in the fired position.I had a tough time pushing them back into battery.

"From the other thread:
Originally Posted By: Stan

Glad you got it, Geo. Next question is ........... why did the forend fall off?

SRH

Because I didn't put it on right. While I was working on it yesterday I took out the Anson plunger and cleaned some goop off of it and swabbed out the barrel it fits in. It had been binding and the latch was not retracting over the barrel lug as it should. Smoothed everything out and it works like a champ now. Doves are in big trouble...Geo

Yes, when I unscrewed the detente on the end of the plunger, it and the spring hit the wall on the other side of the room. A gun smith i ain't!"

Ted I have not shot the repaired Elsie yet, but when I put it on my shoulder and swing it with my eyes closed, it does in fact feel just like a Purdey...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice job. Putting a good gun with the type of trauma that one experienced is amazing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Geo. One of those guns has been on my radar for a bit, was curious to the exact nature of the problem.
In the end, I'll likely stick to a different project that is on a back burner at the moment, but, getting closer to the front burner.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Before Aaron Little took on the job of sleeving just the one barrel, I'd been told that the job would have to include the sleeving of both barrels. Anyone else seen a one barrel sleeve?...Geo

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My uncle has a Miroku that he blew one barrel on in the '70s and he had just that barrel sleeved.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.