March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 890 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am with Dudley on this. Trying to inlet a bad semi inlet stock is a pain and could be impossible. To fix one over inlet area takes far longer than you can understand. If it's off in one area you can fix that but then you may have to also inlet five other areas. It all has to come togeather at the same time. Be off in one area and correcting that sometimes makes you off in several others. You have to be an Einstein to fix a morons sloppy work.

The worst stock for me to correct a duplication error is a Lefever. That top strap is hard to get right and if you have to fix any other areas you can't change that once it's down. It's a compound curve, tapered, with that bulb area on the end. I've learned to stop the copy duplicator about 1/2" short on the top strap and do it by hand. That way I can pull everything back if need be and not have a gap around the end of the top strap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A $60.00 stock is a $60.00 stock.
Caveat Emptor.

If you want half your work to be Acra-glass well, then there you go.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've determined that probably best to stay away from Macon.

Any recommendations where you've had a positive experience? I have a stock blank and can provide the original as a template, how about someone with a duplicator who knows what he's doing?

thanks,

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

gunter pfrommer in virginia does a nice job restocking guns...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

If the head of your stock is ok, adding a butt transplant can work out very well and you get the dimensions you want.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
some have had good experience with macon and some have not...

but, repeated bad mouthing with innuendo only, and with no specific details just seems vindictive to me...

Ed I put the details in my post. It's not heresay nor is it innuendo.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunstocks Inc. has good lefever nitro special semi-inlets. I personally have never had an issue with anything that has come from them. You would have to see if they offer something for the .410.

Keep in mind that a lot of original nitro stocks have steeper drops. Like 3" or so, if you want something more modern, doing a custom job is the best way.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
some have had good experience with macon and some have not...

but, repeated bad mouthing with innuendo only, and with no specific details just seems vindictive to me...

Ed I put the details in my post. It's not heresay nor is it innuendo.

Ed Good thinks it's hearsay, bad-mouthing, and innuendo to post exact verbatim quotes of his anti-gun statements which he has repeatedly made here. He remains the poster child for "You Can't Fix Stupid".

Ed goes on to accuse Brian Dudley of being a back stabber. I think someone who pretend to be a gun guy, but posts crap like this, is the real back stabber.

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's hard to put one or two grand into restocking a gun worth less than a grand. I'd watch EBay for a used one or if mine was decent on the front end graft a butt section onto it as a reasonable economical repair. It's not that hard to do if you have a decent drill press and cutoff saw or band saw.

Sidelock
Sidelock

gee keet, nothing new or original to post today? yawn...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.