April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (skeettx, Lloyd3, NCTarheel, 1 invisible), 824 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,839
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#487498 08/08/17 04:56 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just a heads up for those wanting to export shotguns for the UK. A EU piece of law that was introduced in 2012 has just landed on the UK firearms exporters. I will not bore you with the details but sufficient to say that the old Open General Export Licence [OGEL] (Historic Military Goods) which we all used to export guns made before 1897 has been superseded by 'PL9010' which (as far as we can work out) removes all export control of guns pre-1890 but requires the use of a Single Individual Export licence [SIEL] for everything post 1889. This means that the Open Individual Export Licence (OIEL) which most of the big exporters of post 1896 guns used has also passed into oblivion or will do shortly.
Now, applying for an SIEL is not a huge deal but it will need to be supported by an 'End User Undertaking' (EUU) or a 'Stockist Undertaking' (SU) which can be a royal p.i.t.a..
So all you guys buying guns direct from the UK, get used to the idea of completing some very simple paperwork to keep our masters happy! Or buy from someone like me who has got is sorted for you!! lol

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep.....have a whole bunch in process now. Some already approved, just waiting on the remainder.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Or buy from someone like me who has got is sorted for you!! lol"

Find me a nice tightly choked 32" nitro proved hammer gun and I may do just that, Toby. Thanks for the heads up.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Already dealing with it.
'doesn't seem too much worse than the nonsense I had to sign previously.
All will be revealed shortly I guess.
Easier than clearing customs here any day smile
Jeremy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember having to provide an explanation of the use I intended to put a shotgun I was importing from the UK. That was 20+ years ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And signing the statement that you're not building a nuclear weapon with it smile
Jeremy

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is the world we live in. I recently received a call from Ebay telling me they were going to cancel my auction for some Enfield triggers and sears. Sears are not allowed as you could potentially modify them and create a full-auto.....pretty neat trick with a bolt gun I thought.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
This is the world we live in. I recently received a call from Ebay telling me they were going to cancel my auction for some Enfield triggers and sears. Sears are not allowed as you could potentially modify them and create a full-auto.....pretty neat trick with a bolt gun I thought.

Bolt action rifles have been successfully converted to full-auto fire. Best known is the Pederson Device, developed by the U.S. Government to quickly convert the 1903 Springfield to full-auto fire.

Pederson Device

There have been others too, including the Charleton Conversion for the SMLE Lee Enfield rifle. Here's a link to so several of them. There is even an illustration of the 1873 lever action Winchester that John Browning converted to fire full auto at a cyclic rate of over 450 rounds per minute.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread805826/pg1

This is all good to remember when the Anti-Gun Democrats once again propose legislation that would ban any gun that "could be readily converted to full-automatic fire." That could easily include your deer rifle.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought you guys were done with the EU?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, but we're not out yet. The process has started and will take two years. Can't wait! Lagopus.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.