March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, Hugh Lomas, eightbore, SKB, 1 invisible), 676 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#479650 05/04/17 12:39 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Does anyone have another source for soft steel carding wheels other than Brownell's? They are out of both the 2 and 4 row, and have been for a while it seems. Anywhere else to look for one? I'm not coming up with anything.

I can keep going with doing it by hand all the time, but there's some growing joint discomfort, and since I have a Baldor pedestal polisher on hand, why not use it?

Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Vertex_Type_Wheels-p1.html

Shipping costs may be a problem but here's where I get mine from. May be worth an email to find out costs if you can't source any in the states.
May also be worth a Google search for vertex carding wheels ?
Good luck.

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Searched. Just in the UK it seems. Found some wire wheels at MSC here, but they're twisted strands and aggressive. The soft and fine Brownell's model is what I'm wanting to find.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes! But out of stock. I imagine that these are the same as Brownell's, which are out of stock. Whoever makes them needs to get busy and do that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had one back-ordered from OttoFrei.com since December, with still no word as to when it might ship. My current wheel is worn to a nub. I agree that the manufacturer needs to crank out a batch.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's one source. There's plenty of others out there. Easy to find, they're made by Grobet in a wide variety of sizes and types, and sold by several firms.

http://www.danytools.com/abrasives.php

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: WBLDon

A little too coarse. It's .008", you want to be down around .003" for carding..

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Here's one source. There's plenty of others out there. Easy to find, they're made by Grobet in a wide variety of sizes and types, and sold by several firms.

http://www.danytools.com/abrasives.php

Regards
Ken

Thank you. Easy if you've found your source. I've searched with logical terminology, and never happened upon this seller. I'm sure others appreciate your source, as I'm not the only one looking.

Changed my search criteria to what Dany Tools calls them and found this one:

http://b2bprofessionaltools.com/1646216455-jpg.html

or ....

http://www.allcraftusa.com/product.asp?strParents=19&CAT_ID=19&P_ID=1302

Sidelock
Sidelock

The real problem with using wheels is that if you don't have the ability to run them in both directions they fray and bend out of shape rapidly. That and it's very helpful to have the ability to run them at various speeds. I've gone to mounting them on a VSR drill. I also dress the wheels with a file card. They last much longer that way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.