Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#486935 07/31/17 10:54 PM
MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello All,

The 20th Vintage Gunners Cup at Hopkins Game Farm in Kennedyville, MD, is approaching fast now. Three days of double gun and rifle fun are set for September 22 - 24. Besides the veritable plethora of shooting events, this year's VGC will host the annual Fox-Parker Challenge.

We expect to have at least as many outstanding vendors as last year. I'll post an updated list shortly, but among those already confirmed to be there are:

James Purdey and Sons -- Including seminars on best gun manufacture

Steve Barnett Fine Guns

James D. Julia Auctions - represented by Josh Loewensteiner

Heritage Guns

Dubarry of Ireland

Geoffroy Gournet, Master Engraver

Robin Hollow Outfitters

MacNab Fine Firearms

RST - Classic Shotshell Co., Inc.

Russell Moccasin Co.

Vintage Doubles (Kirby Hoyt)

BraeVal

Allgood Associated Sport Suppliers

Delaney & Sons

Vintage Firearms (Jay Shachter)

Link to Registration form: http://www.hopkinshunting-clays.com/uploads/2017%20Hopkins%20Vintage%20Gunners%20Cup%20Flyer.pdf

Hopkins Game Farm
Phone: 410.348.5287
Email: hopkinshunting@gmail.com

Last edited by MattH; 08/10/17 10:03 PM. Reason: Updated Vendor/Exhibitor List

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Just a suggestion: Is there any chance the vendor tents could be set up in the grass instead of the very course gravel lot? It would be much cooler and less dust too.

MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Hammergun, I'll mention it.

I added a couple of vendors to the list above, Julia's Auctions and Heritage Guns. ---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rumor has it that anyone displaying or selling guns in the tents needs to show proof of insurance... Is this true? If not, what is the policy of the Vintage Gunners and Hopkins Game Farm regarding the presence of guns on display or for sale in the tents?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Sunday before, 9/17, is the Orvis Cup at Sandanona in Millwood, NY. Last year many of the same vendors were there as were at the Vintage Cup.

In the past it has been Saturday and Sunday, this year it's listed as just Sunday.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Added Purdey, Delaney & Sons, and Vintage Firearms to vendor list. Purdey will be presenting a seminar on fine gun making. ---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Orvis Game Fair this year is both 9/16 and 9/17. The olives Cup is on the 2nd day. Fun event.

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Rumor has it that anyone displaying or selling guns in the tents needs to show proof of insurance... Is this true? If not, what is the policy of the Vintage Gunners and Hopkins Game Farm regarding the presence of guns on display or for sale in the tents?

This is what I was told. The Lefever Arms Collectors Association doesn't have any insurance because we cannot figure out why on earth we would need it. Therefore we are not coming.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Matt, is there a schedule of events posted? If not, do you know which day the Purdey Fine Gunmaking seminar will be presented? Thank you.

Craig Libhart

MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I am finding out about the Purdey seminar. Will post back when I have the answer.----Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.