March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hammergun, Ian Forrester, dukxdog, Don Zahringer, 2 invisible), 780 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It now costs $400 a year to use their service. If you used them before, your library is likely gone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've got 309 photos in photo bucket as of 30 seconds ago. Just uploaded some more in there this morning, and posted two pics on here. My library is not gone.

But, the sky may be falling.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Works for me.

PS. Sample photo just uploaded of quail eggs:

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

I switched to imgur.com, someone else here said it was
good. I like it thus far. In the last few months, I had
a hard time getting anything onto photobucket because of the
ads and popups.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The hard work on recording history done by hundreds of thousands of researchers and writers and us...has gone up in smoke caused by utter "I'll hold you to ransom" greed of some unknown criminal. This is a travesty and a lost for humanity.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll say it again, Argo. You shouldn't expect something for nuthin'.

Anybody who spent all that time researching and depended on a "free" site to preserve it has got their head in the sand.

Why are you so mad that PB took something back that they gave you for free to begin with? I'm not defending them, by any means, just saying that it's ridiculous to be so dependent on a site that never promised you anything.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, Go read some of these lines....not the "Oh I hate your politics" crap but the really substantive lines that rely on some sort of historical compilation of images. And it's not just here...it's across the internet where people collect and do research with visual images. That site promised free photo downloads up to a limit. It then took it away without warning. Wonder what business model they were following because that is the equivalent of ransomware extortion.

And if you aren't upset by this type of behavior, if you aren't upset when you go back and research past lines and have a blank in front of you, gun images posted by members now dead, then you're missing something. And your response comes across as cynical bordering on sneering.

Stan, I've kept the images I posted. I went back to change them in a couple of the lines I started. I'm proud of the research I put in - months long on EM Reilly, the definitive site on that maker now anywhere. The lines are locked. I can't replace the images. The research done for history is diminished. And posting on a forum depends on an internet site. Maybe Dave will create a way to post directly here.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/03/17 10:17 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a great looking quail egg Tut. Very informative, oh wait.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sneering, though I may be a bit cynical. I just cannot get my head around expecting something for nothing. It's a shame that research is lost. But, what researcher worth his salt does not back up their data and findings somewhere else besides where they post it for the world to read? That's ludicrous.

And, where do you get "criminal". What laws have they broken? You're mad .... okay. But, take it as a lesson learned not to rely on freebies in the future. I use photo bucket, and will until they shut me down. But, they don't owe me anything, and I don't owe them anything. I do appreciate them letting me use their site for nothing for years to post my pictures, but when it's gone, it's gone. No big deal. As I said before ...... easy come, easy go.

Life's a lot bigger, for me, than PB.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tut
Works for me.

PS. Sample photo just uploaded of quail eggs:

I don't know what everyone is seeing, but all I get is a blue square saying update your account to enable third party hosting.

Last edited by Adrian; 07/03/17 10:47 PM.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.