May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (dukxdog, 1 invisible), 633 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,047
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Democratic Party in the United States is nothing less than a legalized Terrorist/Communist Organization that's embedded itself in our political system.

Why is this "Stop Trump" movement not being looked at as a terrorist organization.....any group trying to undermine our government is a terrorist organization.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Understood, Stan. My credibility is so rarely questioned here that I assume sincerity and try to respond with calm reason. I was trained to ask questions and believe it reasonable to ask anyone of anything providing it is not mean or mischievous. In my experience, people like to be asked for assistance.

It's interesting to me that some members quickly suggested ignorance or mischief on my part for forgetting the Viking presence---I led underwater exploration for that presence offshore Nova Scotia in the early 50s---and for not looking up sniper details which I should have at hand.

I asked "Isn't that rude?" because I know a fair bit of your reasonable character. I don't play around, either. Two things I was taught for situations of differing opinions and information are never to assume anything or impute motives without serious contemplation.

Let's leave it there. I appreciate your reply. I didn't expect different.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Thanks for the information, pooch. I just googled Canada's sniper ammunition and it appears that it's made in Canada by General Dynamics.

Please don't use my handle in your fiction. Stan has already told us the bullet used: It was a Hornady A-Max 750 grain VLD round.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Both Harrison and Furlong took out machine gun shooters. This impresses me and I consider it to be pretty ballsy because in my youth I had to lug around an old 1919 A4 Browning MG. A machine gun is a long range shooter, we would dial it in to 1000 yds, but the rounds could carry farther. A machine gun can be like an artillery piece. If the bad guys were using that Russian MG those snipers were facing a pretty decent gun. A gun fight with an MG at max range usually doesn't go well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And he could use a little more support from his own party, you want a special prosecutor for the Russian fairytale, we'll agree to that if you agree to a special prosecutor for Hillary's private server.

The Democrats would have dropped this investigation in a heart beat. But where were these Republicans that will help? Hiding under the bed I suspect leaving President Trump high and dry.

Like they say, with friends like these who needs enemies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

After being admonished for not looking up the information, I went to the same or similar sources as you and Stan. Quebec plants have been turning out sporting and military ammo for generations. It appears they still do, including sniper .50. Since you're both certain they buy from Hornady, I'll hoist it aboard.

Another thing the American colonel involved in US and Canadian sniper training and Afghanistan action debriefing told me is that one thing separated the Canadian and US snipers: "The Canadians never gave me any bullshit. They didn't claim to be one-shot artists, forgetting their misses."

Which left a big question with me. Did they answer straight-up from an overweening deference to authority? That Patricia's crowd was as wild a group of soldiers I've ever seen. I didn't check Furlong. Maybe he was one of them. Although there should be no separation of prowess from the truth.

(Maybe the question could go the other way: Could the American snipers on this particular occasion have been deferring to authority, wanting to please?)

Sidelock
Sidelock

A long interesting read about Furlong and the Canadian military

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/we-were-abandoned/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: pooch
A machine gun can be like an artillery piece.

That would be "Plunging Fire".

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Originally Posted By: pooch
A machine gun can be like an artillery piece.

That would be "Plunging Fire".

Kind of like plunging shotgun fire. You shoot in bursts so that several rounds hit in the targeted area nearly simultaneously. You don't have single round accuracy at long ranges, you have burst accuracy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You also knock the sniper off his scope. Fire to suppress is just as effective.

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.