March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Licensed to kill, bigblock, Der Ami, JDH, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 361 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
trw999 #482176 06/05/17 04:09 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: trw999
I don't come on to this site to discuss politics, or debate the arming of the police or citizens. I come to discuss and be informed about side by side sporting guns.

Tim

Opinions formed from the presentations of the media are skewed, twice over now & not worth the argument, Gentlemen.
O.M

James Flynn #482177 06/05/17 04:15 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

trw999

You shouldn't take it so hard. It can always be worse. You could live in Nova Scotia.

James Flynn #482180 06/05/17 07:01 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think, sad as it may be, that in both the UK and the US not much will actually happen. The attacks will continue and get worse. The Muslim attackers know that both countries lack the will, the stomach, to do much. The people being attacked, will....Talk and talk and talk and talk.

Last Dollar #482229 06/05/17 01:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The US, UK, Canada and others don't lack the will. The acknowledged "mistake" of invading Irag really set this whole ISIS thing off. All the queen's horses and president's soldiers haven't made an inch in Afghanistan in your longest war.. Millions have been killed, wounded, drowned, dispossessed of home and country. It's sometimes better to talk, talk talk than war, war, war. The US has sacrificed thousands of its best and spent nearly a trillion dollars of its treasure with war. Promising to bomb the shit out of them isn't an improvement.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lonesome, Nova Scotia brought responsible government and freedom of the press to the British North American colonies, which then included what became part of the United States. We've fallen a long way from abuse of our natural resources. In Days of Sail of ocean commerce, one Nova Scotia port had as much tonnage under registry as the Republic of France. We used to provide more leaders to the country per capita than any other part of the country, still have more institutions of higher learning, including the two leading undergraduate schools; the third a few miles across the border in New Brunwick. It is a pleasant place to live. A hunting and fishing paradise, no elbow-to-elbow on salmon and trout streams and lakes. Come up and I'll show you around.

James Flynn #482232 06/05/17 02:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the offer, King, but it sounds absolutely dreadful. I'll put it on my itinerary though... right after Newark.

Europe needs to relax. I'm sure Brussels can fix what ails it. They have the ultimate set of tools.

https://youtu.be/QN_Nod65e7o

Sidelock
Sidelock

Travel is a great education. The most education Americans ever got was dispersal to outposts of the American Empire around the world. Imagine the surprise and elation of millions of common and not uncommon men and women discovering for the first time the great cities and cultures that existed a thousand years before Europeans landed on your shores. Some thought Newark was something!

James Flynn #482241 06/05/17 03:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I DON'T REMEMBER EVER SEING AN ARMED POLICEMAN IN ENGLAND THE 2-3 TIMES I HAVE BEEN THERE.THEY CARRY BILLYCLUBS TO SUBDUE THE
CRIMINALS CARRYING WEAPONS. SAD AND STUPID

James Flynn #482245 06/05/17 04:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you so much Tim for putting it so well. You fought for our country and I was a Police Office for over 30 years with 18 of it as a Tactical Firearms Unit Officer. We both therefor have some knowledge of terrorism in the U.K.

Canvasback, I can't really imagine any Police Officer running away. In fact one British Transport Officer tackled one of the terrorists armed with nothing more than his truncheon; he is now in hospital with multiple stab wounds. Another off duty Officer physically tackled one and he too is in the same situation plus three other unarmed Officers hospitalised who also stepped in.

British Police Officers are not routinely armed. All forces have some sort of armed response unit on call at all times. I would be on normal unarmed duty until required. I carried my kit in the vehicle and would either have to collect a firearm or have one brought to me. Usually used in pre-planned operations or when the mess hit the fan or after the armed response unit had contained the situation. London is a large force in a small area and can afford to have an armed tactical unit on standby at all times and I suspect most larger city's have the same. British armed Officers are all volunteers who are only accepted for training if they have a clean disciplinary record are known to have a stable temprement and can work under stress. A typical course starts with about 16 applicants and ends with 3 or 4 as the course is so intense. Extremely high standards of accuracy with each type of firearm is required and it's not just a matter of standing still and putting the shots in the bull in your own time. That standard has to be maintained; missing is not an option and you have to re-qualify on each weapon every three months. A typical year for me for training would consist of four days with handgun, four days tactics with handgun, four days pure tactical training, four days with shotgun, four days with H&K MP5, four days with light sniping rifle for urban use, four days with heavy sniper rifle for rural use, four days diplomatic protection training, one week of sniper training in tactics, one day with use of baton rounds and CS munitions and one day destruction of animal training. These would each be spread out on a three monthly rotation and the need to qualify each time on each weapon. The only weapon I was not qualified to use was the Styer AUG .223 as that was what was carried by the armed response units. Most Officers are not armed but those who are can be trusted to do the job pretty well. Lagopus.....

James Flynn #482247 06/05/17 04:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The unarmed Bobbie could exist because of the respect for life and law the British people have had. Now the police face a different sort, cowards who murder. It's time for the ordinary Bobbie to be armed.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.