Your jealousy so ill becomes you

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I do not make a decision on what I shoot based on what the fad is. I do so after trying the alternatives and evaluating what works best for me, in shooting sporting ........ what breaks the most targets for me. One example of that is that I do not shoot choke tubes, preferring fixed MOD chokes in both barrels. It could be said that changing choke tubes is a fad, too. I have never been able to shoot a 34" gun enough to tell if it would gain me any targets.

My feelings are that handling characteristics of a gun are interpreted differently by those of differing physiques. The numbers on the gun don't change, but how they feel to a 5' 8" man with a 26" sleeve length is going to be light years different from a man who may be 6' 4" and wears a 36" sleeve. He will hold the forend so much further away from the balance point that the mounted swing effort will be drastically different. What has that got to do with this discussion? Just that the length of the barrels should never be judged without considering the physique of the man shooting it. If the 6' 4" guy shoots better scores with a 15 3/4" LOP why wouldn't it be possible for him to do better with longer barrels, too?
SRH

And Wonk, you should read this reply by Stan every morning for 2 weeks, or as needed, on a regular basis, until your narrow mind begins to open somewhat. It won't hurt a bit, I promise.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

I was born jealous.
JR

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts

I was born jealous.
JR

No doubt

With no regret I'll leave this seemingly Hogwarts derived fund of misguided revelations with the thot that 34" O/U barrels, in as much as Perazzi can provide any required barrel weight and likely tailor weight distribution as well, provide no ballistic or mechanical advantage (purposeless) and in fact impose some restraints mechanically that are not found in, say, 75cm barrels.

have another day

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thirty four inch barrels are just too much trouble to quickly get out the truck window when the need arises...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

LOL!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Thirty four inch barrels are just too much trouble to quickly get out the truck window when the need arises...Geo

Finally, the truth! Thanks George.
JR

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts

I was born jealous.
JR

No doubt

With no regret I'll leave this seemingly Hogwarts derived fund of misguided revelations with the thot that 34" O/U barrels, in as much as Perazzi can provide any required barrel weight and likely tailor weight distribution as well, provide no ballistic or mechanical advantage (purposeless) and in fact impose some restraints mechanically that are not found in, say, 75cm barrels.

have another day

Ah contraire, mon frere. 34" barrels provide a longer sight plane which reduces perceived lead. It's a known fact among even the most mundane of the SC shooters who actually care about their score. On that fact, I'll bid adieu as well.

Have gun will travel.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/30/17 10:43 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So it's agreeded that midgets shouldn't shoot 34" barrels....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
So it's agreeded that midgets shouldn't shoot 34" barrels....

That is what I read in Churchill's Game Shooting if I recall correctly. Long barrels for tall folk and short barrels for folks of shorter stature. It is no longer acceptable to refer to short-statured people as midgets.

I do not think it's very bright of someone to pay over $42,000 for gun made for somebody else. This does not hold for mass-produced inexpensive or moderately expensive guns made for someone of average dimensions. Then again as they say some people have more money than........

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.