March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#481719 05/28/17 06:15 PM
Tom C Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can across an old leather shell box with the initials EMH in gun shop in Denver on a recent trip. My mind immediately suggested who EH was but I was not sure of his middle name. When I got back to my friends home I found him on his computer so I asked him the middle name of EH and to my surprise it was Miller. I took another look at that shell box and it appeared to be poorly made and the letters were painted on. I did not purchase it surmising that EMH would not have bought a cheaply made shell box. There was no documentation with it and photos I looked at showed no shell box. If you are still interested I suspect it is still there and for $50 you may want to take a chance. All commissions will be happily accepted.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Tom C Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ernest Miller Hemmingway

Tom C

Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hemmingway? How about Remmington? His name is spelled Hemingway.

I agree that the late "Don Ernesto" would not have owned a cheaply made shell box, nor have painted his initials on one. In my fairly substantial Hemingway library, I have a first ed. of his prize winning novella- "The Old Man and The Sea"-- and on the flyleaf is written "To Bumby, with much love- Papa" and dated- However, after carefully reading the second ed. of "Hemingway's Guns" by Calabi, Helsley and Sanger and comparing under a magnifier that with his authentic handwriting- page 201- his letter to Fritz (shortly before his demise) I know that whomever inscribed that page, years ago- was NOT EMH.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 05/29/17 08:58 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Based upon all of the great evidence you posted Tom, I think you should run back and buy the "Hemingway" shell box, and then try to resell it here in the For Sale section for at least 10 times what you paid.

Don't forget to give Dave $10.00 when it sells!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Tom C Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Keith, but I have already passed on it since I don't need a shell box. However, if you send me a check for $1000 if will pick it up, wrap it nicely and send it to you. I am sure you will be able to use it as a conversation piece to impress your friends. In fact, I will write a letter and mention this high quality piece and sign it EMH so you have something to support it's authenticity.

Tom C

Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just go ahead and buy it before someone else jumps on it Tom. You obviously saw the great value in this item since you got excited enough to post about it here. I mean, just how many EMH's could there be in this world? And your forged authentication letter would be icing on the cake. You could always donate any ill-gotten profits to the DNC.

Personally, I'd give Jagermeister first crack at it since he has explained to us how he repackages shotgun shells. But don't expect him to follow through if you sell it to him on a Layaway plan. Here's some of his B.S. leading up to his story about "repackaging".

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

And his great line about the inconsistencies in his prior statements... a guy like this could write his own fake authentication letter:

Mr. "We" I do not reload shot shells. Repackaging is not equal to reloading.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.