April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jim H., SKB, AGS, eightbore, LeFusil), 690 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,850
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder if that odd M/N, below the intertwined script EF, was something more akin to the script Ms on this Ferlach, Austrian blade thread:

http://lmd-militaria.com/page0249.htm

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

This O/U Combo is a bit tattered but the Feinster Special Stahl tube does have the Sigott-Drall-Rifled-Bohrung and might be worth consideration just to see what the pattern might yield.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100835204

For those following along, I'm confident this offering is an A&D Body Action w/ false sideplates:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100495450

Another Johann Sigott false sideplate from a previous thread:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=370702&page=3

With only 2 such Johann Sigott examples, I'm curious if all the A&D Body Action w/ false sideplates were sourced from Liege?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Below is some verbiage that notes that the House numbers of the makers were used as a Maker ID, issued by the occupying forces after WWII and the makers held fast with the issued ID number henceforward.

"die ersten beiden Ziffern der Waffennummer sind die sog. "Hausnummer", die den Hersteller codiert. Diese Nummern wurden 1945 von den Besatzungsmächten vergeben, um die eingezogenen Waffen den Herstellern zuzuordnen."

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Sorry for this late reply on your great effort Raimey.
I've been offline for some time. I have been looking for the St stamp on other Ferlach guns, but so far, I can't find other gunmakers using this stamp. In my opinion, it's another piece in this pussle, telling me that the gun probably is made by Sigott.
Please tell me if you think I rush to the conclusion. :-)

Regards Joar.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, it is possible to associate St & Sigott for now. But more examples needs to be examined in the preponderance of evidence.

Cheers,

Raimey
rs

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Time for a update in my jurney to get this gun fit for hunt. It's a long text, but I maybe some of you will find this interesting?

-After long delay, I finally got to test the gun. The ammunition who came along when I bought it, was in my opinion not good enough for the real deal. It had a 120gr bullet loaded with 5grains less powder than smallest load recomended. By calculation, it should have a velocity of 5oo m/s at V0. That low speed made me unsure about the deformation of the bullet, and also the impact energy would be less than I prefer. I shot some test rounds of this amunition, and was more dissapointed than expected. There where hardly any recoil, and I had a lot of misfire. I ditched the rest of the rounds, and started a search after the fault. I found two possible causes. The first was the primer. When reloading I discovered that the inner part of the primers who had fired was falling apart from the primer cup. It seemed to me that the primer was not pushed all the way into the bottom of the primer well. It was easy to fix that problem. I used federal primers, (because they have a softer cup) and made sure they got in all the way. The other problem I found was more time consuming to fix. The right hand side hammer is not the originale one. It was scrubbing against wood and metal before it hit the firing pin. This reduced the speed and the energy of the hammer. I took up my tools and started to file away excess metal. At the same time I made som adjustments to make it look more similar to the originale hammer.

It's not finished, but it now works.-)

Then I bought 160 grain hornady SST bullets, who will deform at low speed, and made a "loading ladder" starting from the bottom to the top in the loading chart. At the a new test shooting, the gun fired every round. I started at the low load, and worked my way up to the where I hit the target at a correct height, using the iron sight. They all hit far to the left, about 12-15 cm away from center. Then I reloaded all my cartridges with the correct load, and calculated how much I had to move the sight. I found it easiest to make a small washer at the left side of the rear sight.

Then I tested the gun again. The correction helped, but I still need to move it more over.(don't mind the 10, that was my fault)

I will make a thicker washer and give the sight some more room to move to the right.

Then I decided to adjust the old scope. This old Kahles "Hubertus" is fixed with the Wienna snap fit, and has no side adjustments, exept form the dowe tail at the back claws of the snap fitting. I can tell you I got some eyes looking at me with wonder, when i started to use a hammer (and a brass piece) on the gun :-) Of course the caliper was priceless for helping me see how far I had to go.
The scope works wonderful, and after a few shots, I could take the official test every hunter (and rifle) must take, to hunt in Norway.

The upward hit pattern is pretty much what to expect from a combination gun. I still have some job to do with the iron sights, but the gun is a joy to shoot. grin

/Joar

Last edited by Skrotnissen; 08/16/17 06:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Such posts are always most welcome. Just post the link to your Photobucket account & we can view the images there.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have just tried to change the URL from Photobucket to pinterest. Hopefully it works...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done
Thank you for this posting
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
I'm not convinced "Hausnummer" in this use actually means the address of the makers. One of my German Branch chiefs often referred to some contractor's proposals as "Hausnummers", meaning made up numbers, not real. I took this as a German "saying".
Mike

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.