April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, eeb, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,028 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,716
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis,

I can't believe I never heard of you till I came across this thread. Are you a gunsmith, machinist, guild member, ???????

Anytime I do something well (rarely) and get a fat head, I now look at this thread to put things in perspective. This is the most extensive project I've ever seen and your workmanship and taste are impeccable.

Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Dick

Dick Wright
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Dick. I think there are a number of amateurs out that are doing work like mine that simply don't expose their work on forums like this.

Dennis
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Barrel tray is done.

Test

Last edited by Dave Weber; 12/12/17 08:33 PM.

Dennis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis,

I miss updates on this thread. It seems Photbucket screwed up your pictures just like they did mine. I switched to Imgur and find it more user friendly.

Looking forward to more progress on your project.

Last edited by Dick Wright; 08/24/17 05:15 AM.

Dick Wright
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dick,
Pretty frustrating, really. It is going to take a long time to load and link my many Martini project photos using a new site and I think it would simply be a temporary respite. Eventually Imgur will do the same thing that Photobucket did. The real solution is for the images to be hosted on this forum's site and I can't imagine what a headache that would be for the host. I would pay a reasonable subscription fee for access to this site if it had photo hosting.

The real tragedy of all of this is the historic loss of the many photo contributions by people like Petrov and many, many others. Even if Petrov's images were available, it would be a Herculean effort to modify all of the posts with new photo links. Having checked, no one knows his password for the PB account so it really doesn't matter.

I can't tell you how many times I have referenced images on this site that simply aren't available anywhere else. They are the most focused and invaluable reference that I know of for the historic and classical guns I'm interested in.

Dennis
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes Dennis it is painful. I have tried, over the years, to always save a copy of the pictures posted here and other sites that interested me. So, if you haven't done this in the past you may want to consider doing so going forward.
On that same vain if there is a picture you can remember, but can't find it anymore, I may have it, please send me a PM and if I have it I can share back.

With regards to Photobucket and other sites I fully agree with your assessment.
IMO, what happened at Photobucket is typical of the failure of their management to first keep their eye on the business model and second their failure to sell the advertisement dollars needed to stay in business. Poor quality employees is that issue. When those advertisement dollar dry up instead of managing costs, firing the non-productive employees, they look for new revenue streams which in this case is the people using their site for storage which is the root purpose of the site which in turn generates outside advertisement revenue. I predict they will go belly up in the near future.....kind of sounds just like our government doesn't it. LOL

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't understand... My Mac is 2-1/2 years old and I have downloaded a ton of pics on it... even downloads off my trail cam with a gazillion deer, etc, pics. The computer says I have only used about 10% of my available storage. I only loaded pics on Photobucket that I wanted to publish one way or another which was quite a few. Still, I haven't lost any... I just can't get at the ones in PB anymore and, this really pisses me off... you can't see the ones that have been published. Still, I haven't lost any... they are all in the Mac.

Photobucket either decided they needed more revenue to keep going or they just got greedy. Whoever made the decision to go from free to $400.00 probably will put them out of business.

Imgur, so far, has been both more dependable and more user friendly. Photobucket would have to pay me to get me back... probably $400.00.

Last edited by Dick Wright; 08/27/17 06:13 AM.

Dick Wright
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Another one done.

Last edited by Dennis Daigger; 12/12/17 12:52 PM.

Dennis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I tried to open the last pic and it never did open. I've spent a lot of time over the last three years documenting three project guns that I made on several sites. All are lost. I switched to Imgur and it works well. I did go back and post Imgur pics of the finished projects at the end of my threads. PB will not be forgiven for the time, now wasted, that I spent.

Dick Wright
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try again... O.K. this is a better pic of my .222 project. Easy to do with Imgur.

Last edited by Dick Wright; 12/06/17 09:54 AM.

Dick Wright
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.