April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian Forrester, battle, David Williamson), 368 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,065
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Purposeless. They fill no need besides SWIG! and even look stupid. Digweed must laugh his ass off every time he sees another poser with a long barreled gun.

Seriously? I mean, really Wonk? Those 40 year naps must be nice. It's 2017, not 1958. Things have changed, for the better, in the shotgun world. Do you shoot?
JR

You'd best be careful the crowds after that stupid gun could run you over trying to get to it. I mean - WOW !!! who could resist?

Ah, yes - things do change in the Big World of Fads but fortunately some simple truths endure. When Giovanni Pellielo, or any other international shooter wins the Olympics with a 34" barreled Perazzi I may have to re-evaluate the situation. I may not live that long.

And I do shoot now and then. I admit that I lose a lot of time deciding which of the seven Perazzis here to use but eventually I make the choice and get around to shooting.

Shoot whatever you like and give no thot to how silly you might look cuz those in the "know" will certainly tag you as a Swinging With It Dude!! packing those long barrels!

have another day

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 05/28/17 11:21 AM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Describe those seven Perazzi's, Wonk, if you don't mind. I mean, after all, you are the world's foremost authority. Thanks.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not make a decision on what I shoot based on what the fad is. I do so after trying the alternatives and evaluating what works best for me, in shooting sporting ........ what breaks the most targets for me. One example of that is that I do not shoot choke tubes, preferring fixed MOD chokes in both barrels. It could be said that changing choke tubes is a fad, too. I have never been able to shoot a 34" gun enough to tell if it would gain me any targets.

My feelings are that handling characteristics of a gun are interpreted differently by those of differing physiques. The numbers on the gun don't change, but how they feel to a 5' 8" man with a 26" sleeve length is going to be light years different from a man who may be 6' 4" and wears a 36" sleeve. He will hold the forend so much further away from the balance point that the mounted swing effort will be drastically different. What has that got to do with this discussion? Just that the length of the barrels should never be judged without considering the physique of the man shooting it. If the 6' 4" guy shoots better scores with a 15 3/4" LOP why wouldn't it be possible for him to do better with longer barrels, too?

I'd give my left --- to shoot that Perazzi for an afternoon in our sunflower field. Stupid or not.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For $42K I would want more than one trigger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bushmaster

I like double triggers, too. But, putting them on a Perazzi would be like putting bias ply tires on a Lamborghini.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: Bushmaster

I like double triggers, too. But, putting them on a Perazzi would be like putting bias ply tires on a Lamborghini.

SRH

You're right
Will change out the tires in the morning

Sidelock
Sidelock

These Perazzi threads have me curious.
What aspect of them makes them so highly aspired to?

I've shot a fair number of them (fixed and multi-choked barrels), and I for the life of me can't understand the appeal.

You can certainly measure the same handling dynamics and stock dimensions in other target guns, and yet there seems to be about a 30% premium for the privilege.

In perhaps 100 shooting tournaments, I can't recall one determined by a mechanical malfunction. (Excluding SxS events, where it's obvious that some of the most desired brands are not very dependable, in these I've seen many mechanical malfunctions)

So, it seems to me that it's more an economic thing than a mechanical thing.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Certainly not economics for me, CZ. I got a windfall on my current one, at $2500 and maybe some change. My first one only cost me $1800 plus some repairs as it had been shot too long without attention to the locking bolt.

Why? For me it is handling, and the trigger. I began shooting sporting with a semi, and literally wore it out. Bought a 32" Valmet 412 and tried hard to like it, but the trigger sucked and the handling just wasn't great for me, although my shooting buddy still shoots one as his go-to sporting gun. A friend loaned me a Beretta 682 Gold E and it was like heaven had opened up. Handling was great, with a good trigger. Then ...... I shot a MX8, and bought my first. I won A class with it at a big shoot with prizes that included two $500 gift certificates from Briley. I sent it to them and had it screw choked and bought a bunch of S1 series chokes. Big mistake, for me, but I didn't know it at the time. Then I got the chance to buy the MX8 I shoot now, and have shot for roughly 10 years.

I can pick up a Kreighoff and shoot it and it feels clumsy and slow by comparison, though I haven't tried the Parcours model. My gun is pushing 9#, and is as lively as anything I have ever shot. The barrels must be the key with a Perazzi. I do know they pay great attention to them when building.

As long as I am able to shoot a Perazzi I can't see me shooting anything else as a serious comp gun.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 05/29/17 06:39 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Describe those seven Perazzi's, Wonk, if you don't mind. I mean, after all, you are the world's foremost authority. Thanks.JR

What purpose that serves and what my authority has to do with it mystifies me but;
MX1, MX8, four Mirages (one a skeet), MT6. Two have two barrel sets and two have three barrel sets lengths ranging from 70cm to 75cm So they all are, of course, worthless being so short.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for your trouble. But sarcasm won't alleviate your earlier obtusely wrong statements. But no problem, because, after all, your wisdom and knowledge as The World's Foremost Authority provides the necessary cover for a self-described know-it-all to hide behind. Have fun with that.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.