March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lloyd3, SKB, Owenjj3, Philbert, dukxdog), 800 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

That gun was apparently built for me.......but unfortunately I was not informed. Bad timing as I've spent the money on food, housing and other frivolous necessities.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
But who would care anyway - those 34" barrels are the definition of stupid

You ever shot a 34" Perazzi, of any gauge or persuasion, at anything? Don't lie to keep from being the definition of stupid now.
JR

Actually I have - several. Stupid is blind obedience to purposeless fad. O/U guns with 34" barrels are quite easily identified by that categorization. "Purposeless" is the operative term in the event that you didn't realize that.

HTH

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

You ever shot a 34" Perazzi, of any gauge or persuasion, at anything? Don't lie to keep from being the definition of stupid now.
JR

I've shot a Perazzi 20ga. with 34" barrels I'd say it was the definition of perfection....anyone that claimed otherwise would have to be stupid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, thank goodness the barrels are stacked over under. Nothing a few minutes with a hacksaw couldn't fix. A few weeks ago, side by side arranged barrels were purposeless.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How many of you have ever shot a 36" barreled O/U? I have, and it handled very nicely. It is a Valmet 412. My buddy has it. Going by memory, it has no side ribs, and only a quarter rib in the rear and a short ramp for the front bead. They were all choked full and full, and I assume were built for waterfowl.

No reason for me to think that Perazzi wouldn't handle well. Necessary for killing high doves? Nah. Cool ?........ yep, 10X.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 05/25/17 07:29 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

34" might not seem so stupid, if you were Andre the Giant or some other huge specimen.
The collection of graying older gents, (er, mostly) who hang out here, can likely get by without them in a pinch.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

JR

Actually I have - several. Stupid is blind obedience to purposeless fad. O/U guns with 34" barrels are quite easily identified by that categorization. "Purposeless" is the operative term in the event that you didn't realize that.

HTH

A hoola hoop is a "purposeless fad" (gotta love that terminology). A set of 34" barrels on a clay target gun for small-gauge SC events from one of the world's best makers of o/u target shotguns, not so much. But you would have to be sane to know that. Or a graying older gent.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/26/17 09:25 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Purposeless. They fill no need besides SWIG! and even look stupid. Digweed must laugh his ass off every time he sees another poser with a long barreled gun.

"But you would have to be sane to know that. Or a graying older gent."

And not only sane but sentient and beyond graying

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you a midget Wanker ?

The 34" Perazzi 20 ga. I shot handled like a magic wand....

Only a midget idiOt toting a tape measure would take note of anything irregular.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Purposeless. They fill no need besides SWIG! and even look stupid. Digweed must laugh his ass off every time he sees another poser with a long barreled gun.

Seriously? I mean, really Wonk? Those 40 year naps must be nice. It's 2017, not 1958. Things have changed, for the better, in the shotgun world. Do you shoot?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.