May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Rick W, obsessed-with-doubles, buckstix, Argo44, 1 invisible), 491 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,623
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
keith, i certainly agree with mark levin re the original purpose of the second amendment...it was to insure the protection of the people and the states from the possible usurping of power by the federal government ...however, now fast forward to 2017...we now have the radicalized nra, a most vocal defender of individual gun ownership rights, subverting the spirit of the 2nd amendment..in this day of advanced machine weapons, the individual right to keep and bear small arms has little to do with protecting us from government tyranny...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Ed, I must disagree. The NRA's position that the 2nd Amendment is an an individual right for self defense is one upheld by current Supreme Court decision. That is main stream not radical in terms of law with the stamp of the court.

I further disagree that an armed population is no threat to tyranny. However even if you were right, and I do not believe you are. That is not the only purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

If you do not agree with the Supreme Court's finding, then elect the legislators at state and federal level to amend the constitution. There is little likelihood the left can suceed as the majority of voters will not support the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

well, old you and the nra may be in agreement as to the purpose of the 2nd amendment, but levin and i are not in agreement with you and the nra as to the purpose of the second amendment...

i am in agreement with recent federal court decisions that support our individual right to keep and bear small arms, within the jurisdiction of each state......however, the older, more established individual right to keep and bear arms provisions of our individual state constitutions are stronger support...federal court decisions are easily overturned, subject to changing social attitudes...while state constitutions seem more stable and less subject to change...

as for resisting tyranny with small arms, good luck wid dat...when the gub mint comes after you with helicopter gun ships and weaponized drones, yo ass is fried.

and as for destroying the bill of rights, that will not happen, so long as donald j. trump is our president.

Last edited by ed good; 05/05/17 11:20 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

You cannot argue or engage in a civil discussion with a Trolling dishonest sociopath like Ed Good or his friend King. All you can do is expose them and their lies. Here's how Ed really feels about gun rights:

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

some view the current version of a well regulated militia as your local unarmed volunteer fire department...augmented by your local armed town police force.

what used to be militia is now your state's national guard, which is under the command of your state's governor... and your state guard is subject to call up and command of the president of the united states...

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

Sincerely, Selby Lowndes smile

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

uh keet...this is your same old pattern...when questioned or challenged you retreat and blow smoke...should have known better than to attempt to engage you in rational discussion...you jes cant handle hit...

Sidelock
Sidelock

You cannot argue or engage in a civil discussion with a Trolling dishonest sociopath like Ed Good or his friend King. All you can do is expose them and their lies. Here's how Ed really feels about gun rights:

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

some view the current version of a well regulated militia as your local unarmed volunteer fire department...augmented by your local armed town police force.

what used to be militia is now your state's national guard, which is under the command of your state's governor... and your state guard is subject to call up and command of the president of the united states...

why not us?

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keet: you remind me of an octopus...when threatened you blow your inky camo and then slink back into your crevis...

keet, for once will you come out, answer my civil questions and respond to my engaging ideas? otherwise, this is no fun...

Last edited by ed good; 05/05/17 11:37 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

next question:

why not us?

Sidelock
Sidelock

ed, you remind me ed. If you want fun, why don't you be funny? Just ask'in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig: one can have fun without being funny...besides, i tried being funny here and bombed...remember the unfinished saga of my grouse finding pet owl? what was his name? ah furgot...an then there was my adventures in the everglades one winter, when kidnapped by the seminoles...and who can forget the horror of being swarmed by a horde of vampire zombie morning doves from georgia?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A little advice, ed...

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.