May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (skeettx, Ted Schefelbein), 687 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I emphasize our commonality: the enormous generosity of the spirit and information of the finest board of its kind anywhere, and the decency demonstrated by members to make it what we want it to be. Each has a responsibility to the other to respectfully disclose from time to time the differences between fact and imagined reality, which is how our great countries were formed. Accountability is making the world less safe for fools.

What is this "commonality" you speak of King?

Is it yet another sales pitch for the stupid idea that we are, or should be, in one big tent... where Trojan Horses can undermine us and repeatedly stab us in the back?

Is it the repeated attacks on the NRA or the undermining of our 2nd Amendment Rights here on a firearms forum that you are speaking of. I suppose you could say that there is some "commonality" between you and Ed Good along those lines.

Then there is the limited "commonality" from the gang of "usual suspects" who act offended by any and all posting of gun rights topics, pro-2nd Amendment issues, and most especially any post or thread to inform real gun guys about the continual attacks from the anti's. You know who they are King. You are one of them who has solemnly vowed to stick to the topic of double-guns and who has complained bitterly about off-topic 2nd-Amendment diversions. But then you post more of your anti-gun rhetoric, and your support for avowed anti-gun politicians.

I did agree completely with your last line King:

"Each has a responsibility to the other to respectfully disclose from time to time the differences between fact and imagined reality"

Did you really say that King??? That is exactly what I have been doing to inform everyone of your anti-gun rhetoric and your anti-2nd Amendment behaviors. The fact that both you and Ed are in denial of those very obvious behaviors demonstrates the necessity to repeat it more often than I'd like. I believe that your repeated denials, when you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar of outright lies and anti-2nd Amendment verbiage... so many times... is a perfect example of the differences between "fact and imagined reality".

I also like your mention that we have a "responsibility" to disclose those differences between fact and fiction. I believe that being a U.S. citizen, and an Endowment Life Member of the NRA gives me a "responsibility" to defend our gun rights, and to protect them from Trojan Horses and Trolls like you who operate from within the community of gun owners, hunters, and shooters.

I wish more people would feel and understand that standing up and protecting our Constitutional Rights is a little more important than some silly notions about manners and decorum on a double gun forum. And Lord knows that telling lies is not manners. And dishonesty is not, and never will be civility. Being an NRA member is, or should be, more than a tag line, or a hat or lapel pin that you wear at the skeet club.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I recently held the opinion that "critics for sport" had taken the fun out of this website. But the last few days have made me change my mind. Some of you guys are pretty funny. I think DJ now has more "off topic" posts than requests for information. I laughed more today than I have in months. But, one of you guys hold your nose, run in there, and grab a hoof on that dead horse. The Derby is tomorrow and I know you will want to start over.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: volleyfire
I recently held the opinion that "critics for sport" had taken the fun out of this website. But the last few days have made me change my mind. Some of you guys are pretty funny. I think DJ now has more "off topic" posts than requests for information. I laughed more today than I have in months. But, one of you guys hold your nose, run in there, and grab a hoof on that dead horse. The Derby is tomorrow and I know you will want to start over.

Aha, exactly what I was advocating in another thread:
Quote:

Up with politeness and more humour, down with anti-gunners and maybe the odd double gun thread thrown in for good measure.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

NRA now bestowing responsible citizenship halo with a paid-up membership? Reminds of Groucho not wanting "to belong to any club that will accept me as a member," considering what a full-badge member is broadcasting on this board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NRA now bestowing responsible citizenship with a paid-up membership? Reminds of Groucho not wanting "to belong to any club that will accept me as a member," considering what a full-badge member is broadcasting on this board.

Again with the dishonesty and twisting of words, eh King? Please tell us who ever said that the NRA bestows responsible citizenship?

I clearly stated that I feel it is the responsibility of a U.S. Citizen to protect the Constitution. Here on a firearms Forum, it is quite natural that sort of responsibility would pertain much more to attacks upon, and perversions of, the 2nd Amendment such as those posted very often by you.

I further stated that I feel it is even more important for an NRA Member to do more than the average citizen when it comes to protecting our Rights from insidious and dishonest attacks on the 2nd Amendment... and most especially when they come from devious Trojan Horses like you who solemnly proclaim to be pro-gun, but persistently eat at the foundations of our Constitutional Right through anti-gun, anti-NRA, and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric... punctuated by totally dishonest denial of your own damn words.

These responsibilities to protect our Constitutional Rights certainly trump any silly notions that selective and faux civility and manners should supercede that.

Membership in NRA is, or certainly should be, more than a card in the wallet, a slogan on a hat or tee shirt, a lapel pin on your shooting jacket, or a tag line. Attacks on our gun rights are relentless. Defense against those attacks needs to be more relentless, and at least one step better.

Hey King, can you identify who said this:

Looked up Levin in Wikipedia. Seems like some of my conservative friends. His book on the Court confirms my loosey-goosey characterization of its deliberations. Change and change again, nothing sacred or inviolable, eh?

"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America
Levin authored the 2005 book Men In Black: How The Supreme Court Is Destroying America, in which he advanced his thesis that activist judges on the Supreme Court (from all parts of the political spectrum) have "legislated from the bench." In a review of Men in Black, Commentary magazine's Dan Seligman wrote that Levin asks readers "to identify with 'originalists' who look to the text of the Constitution and the intent of its framers, and to reject the 'activists' who construe the Constitution broadly and are more concerned with getting to their own 'desired outcomes'."

That seems to put him at odds with the NRA-promoted amendment. Senator Stevens, a Republican appointee who served for 35 years on the Court with mostly Republican appointees and under three Republican chief justices, argues for amendments that would reduce the role of federal courts in American political life; in other words, amendments to entrench judicial restraint.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Gee, I do believe that was you King... once again dishonestly attempting to portray Justice Stevens as a Conservative. And you lied about Constitutional Scholar Mark Levin's beliefs too King.

Want to hear what Mark Levin really has to say about the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment? Take 5 minutes to listen to this:

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

Hands up- Don't shoot,

Selby Lowndes smile

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, i certainly agree with mark levin re the original purpose of the second amendment...it was to insure the protection of the people and the states from the possible usurping of power by the federal government ...however, now fast forward to 2017...we now have the radicalized nra, a most vocal defender of individual gun ownership rights, subverting the spirit of the 2nd amendment..in this day of advanced machine weapons, the individual right to keep and bear small arms has little to do with protecting us from government tyranny...

Last edited by ed good; 05/05/17 06:45 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....fast forward to 2017...we now have the radicalized nra, a most vocal defender of individual gun ownership rights, subverting the spirit of the 2nd amendment....

Didn't the President of the United States of America just address the NRA? He mentioned something about actual attacks on the Right, not subverting spirits. Do you think you mixed it up with subverting the spirit of your pro position?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few years ago, a high ranking General in the Pentagon made the statement that there was no army on Earth that could defeat the U.S. Military... except for the armed civilian populace of the United States.

A few days ago, another Military Analyst made the statement that we are losing ground to the Taliban in Afghanistan... in spite of "advanced machine weapons", training, and backing from the U.S.

I have little doubt the U.S. Military could crush them if the political will to do it was there, but some lightly armed rebels and terrorists defeated the Russians and have kept us quite engaged for over 12 years.

Your silly and ignorant ideas about the 2nd Amendment being an antiquated relic that has no useful purpose in 2017, due to advances in technology, could just as easily apply to Government infringements upon the First or several other Constitutional Amendments.

I'm not at all surprised to see you denigrating the NRA again Ed, and incorrectly accusing them of "subverting the spirit of the 2nd Amendment." You and King have been in denial of the Individual RKBA both before and after the 2008 Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions. King has even taken it a step further and repeatedly lied about the Framers original intent concerning the RKBA, saying they never even discussed it or wrote it down. Surely you recall this one Ed:

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

I know your trolling won't stop until Dave decides he's had enough of your bullshit. But take heart Ed... Gladys Kravitz, I mean old colonel, is doing all she can to enable you and your pal King to advance your anti-2nd Amendment agendas. And I'll tell you what... if you are jealous of King, I'll place all of your anti-gun posts that I've saved in a Memorial Thread In Silent Doubles when you croak too. If you hurry, you can be first!

your friend,

Selby Lowndes smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

well, do you agree with levin and i, that the intent of the 2nd amendment is to provide the means for the people and the states to defend themselves from attack by a tyrannical federal government?

Last edited by ed good; 05/05/17 10:18 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

and, now if you wish to claim our individual right to keep and bear small arms is based on two recent court decisions, then i have a problem with that rather unstable foundation...a more secure base is my states and your states individual constitutions, where most guarantee a right to keep and bear small arms, subject to individual state statute:

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm

Last edited by ed good; 05/05/17 10:52 PM.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.