May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Themauserkid, Argo44, MattH, Thymepeace, bushveld), 744 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,614
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, King!

Interesting post. But on to more important matters. Someone needs to spear Crosby in the nuts and slash one of his fingers off. See how he likes it.

I'll grant you mischievous. It's my nature (youngest of 7) But mean? Harsh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Please stop Ed. The boundary line of grace is where falsehoods, manipulation and enabling sin starts.

BTW: If you are hiding, you might ask Google Maps to removed the address and map to your "antique appraisal service".

Well stated Dr Hause

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Hi, King!

Interesting post. But on to more important matters. Someone needs to spear Crosby in the nuts and slash one of his fingers off. See how he likes it.

Watched an interesting game last night. Stanly Cup finals, 1964 (I think) Leafs against the Red Wings. Bower and Sawchuck were in net, sans masks. My son was agog...Howe running roughshod over everyone (but in a losing effort) and not a helmet or face mask to be seen.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: keith
My gift to Ed Good and King Brown is simply the TRUTH... in their own words.
D
They have repeatedly rejected my gift to them. They have used the cover of faux civility in a vain attempt to continue their deceptions. They have repeatedly denied their own words and actions. And as of late, they have Gladys Kravitz, I mean old colonel, to defend them.

That's gratitude for you! Anyone got a spare tissue that isn't already water-logged?

Hey, fank yoU for saying that my IQ was <28 ...... ... .

Jagermeister, have you considered the possibility that I was being generous in my assessment of your intelligence?

I mean, just how bright can you be to think you could just continue to post conflicting stories about the number and type of guns you own, and about your reloading activities, and so forth? Why not take it to the next level and tell us you were close personal friends with John F. Kennedy? Hopefully you will one day learn that it is much easier to recall the TRUTH than it is to maintain a web of lies.

But I seriously have my doubts. However, you can take comfort in the fact that your friend King Brown feels that someone who exposes abject dishonesty is misanthropic.

Dishonesty still ain't civility. So grab a tissue and maybe cling to one of your toy stuffed animals.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Hi, King!

I love it!!!! Sid the Kid's third cup coming up shortly!!!

Spelled it right also, my hats off to ya. Pittsburgh is always spelled with an 'H'. Goes back to the French and Indian War.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have added breaking bread and clays with Stan to my bucket list. Will have to make sure it is also the first day after the last day of August. :), or whenever the gray rockets are aloft in that bastion of Gentleman and Southern hospitality, also known as Georgia.

It gets old being around people who are never wrong. The old carpenter from the great state of Tennessee that I was an apprentice carpenter under said a couple things that have stayed with me: "If you ain't making mistakes, you ain't doin' any work." And, "Mike, the difference between an apprentice and a journeyman is that the journeyman knows how to fix his mistakes."

Hats off to Journeyman Stan

Mike McDaniel
Flower Mound, Texas

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Stan.

I don't know you, or if you act like you describe or not, but I am glad to read your message here. I have appreciated your experience with doubles. I believe that our less-than-wonderful-behavior can in fact help another avoid similar behaviors. I have found myself becoming impatient, with a constant general undercurrent of angry, grumpy, resentful, and so on. I don't want that to become me permanently.

Your post reminds me that we can come see ourselves (or be informed by others) in a way that is fresh and sometimes shocking, and from that turn towards something better. I need to do that. You being brave enough to post this helped someone, me, and I hope that helps you.

Take care.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No one likes to see a player trying to injure another but I wonder to what extent superstars Howe, Richard and Hull lashed out from continual pounding they received from the less skilful. Turning the other cheek in a rough game seems uncommonly human.

Stan's apology is analogous in that it brought out a generous outpouring of admiration for his coming to grips with what he considered inappropriate behaviour. Trolls are rightfully scorned on the other hand for making-up ridicule of valuable members of this board.

Vilification of old colonel is a perfect example of a troll at work: misogynous, gender-casting him as a whining silly woman, ostensibly unaware of Michael's distinguished and honourable service to his country and community in war and peace, the anonymous troll is made happy, immensely happy.

If only a petty annoyance, trolls dishonour this forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I'm perfectly aware of what old colonel was... and equally aware of what he is here and now. In my opinion, the comparison between him and Gladys Kravitz is almost perfect. I say almost, because Gladys never struck me as being hypocritical and anal-retentive. Gladys would probably never use the dishonest fallback position of faux civility and good manners whenever she wanted to dance away from the tough questions concerning hypocritical behavior as you and your little friend old colonel do.... along with the rest of your Liberal Left mutual admiration society.

Maybe you ought to take the advice given by Ken61, and just recant all of your anti-gun rhetoric and support for anti-gunners, since your anti-gun words were causing controversy and derision here for years before I decided to keep it all front and center. But that will never happen because you can't be honest enough to acknowledge your own words. And Gladys, I mean old colonel, can't admit her actual and patently apparent agenda is to silence opposition to the anti-gun rhetoric that trolls like you and Ed Good have polluted this forum with for far too long.

Dishonesty will never be civility King... just ask your imaginary friend John F. Kennedy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....lashed out from continual pounding they received from the less skilful. Turning the other cheek in a rough game seems uncommonly human....

Too funny eh King? The less skillful trolls vs. the uncommonly human pc'ers are in the cup finals. Do the pc'ers line up in pairs like figure skaters and do a disney on ice show?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.