April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (L. Brown), 1,092 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I must attempt to make amends for what has become my sometimes rude and callous manner of posting. I have realized this because I have been made aware that I have alienated a longtime forum friend on here. He, very graciously, private messaged me, and in a very gentlemanly way, caused me to do some self evaluation. I realized that I had responded to a post of his in a sarcastic and caustic manner.

I make no excuses, and apologize not only to him, but to all my friends on here to which I have become less than considerate. I especially thank him for being man enough to point out my indiscretions in such a way as to cause me to take a good look at myself. I am grateful for that.

The very things I have disdained in a few here, I had carelessly become. That is hypocritical on my part, and I will work to correct such behavior in the future. I am grateful for the many friends I have here, and hope to restore your confidence by becoming more like what I admire in so many of you.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We don't want to hear it. Its too late for apologies and we know that you're nothing but a grumpy old curmudgeon.

Just like the rest of us. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
I'm glad you are here. I bet a lot of us could stand to do some of the same. I'll work on it, on my end. I thank you for the reminder, which, it really is, since none of us is perfect.

Hope this year's crop is a good one for you. You know, every year I age a little more, and find myself looking forwrd to the fall season with ever more anticipation.

Do treasure every, single, one. How many of them do all of us really have?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

eYe luv you teddy bOy....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I must attempt to make amends for what has become my sometimes rude and callous manner of posting. I have realized this because I have been made aware that I have alienated a longtime forum friend on here. He, very graciously, private messaged me, and in a very gentlemanly way, caused me to do some self evaluation. I realized that I had responded to a post of his in a sarcastic and caustic manner.

I make no excuses, and apologize not only to him, but to all my friends on here to which I have become less than considerate. I especially thank him for being man enough to point out my indiscretions in such a way as to cause me to take a good look at myself. I am grateful for that.

The very things I have disdained in a few here, I had carelessly become. That is hypocritical on my part, and I will work to correct such behavior in the future. I am grateful for the many friends I have here, and hope to restore your confidence by becoming more like what I admire in so many of you.

All my best, SRH

Stan, this right here is why you are a valued member here.

James

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

stan, et al: i could take offense at some of what you have posted here, but i do not...this forum for me is a source of doublegun information, but also it is a source of entertainment...stan, you sound like a sincere, self reflective individual...that is good...thing is, try not to take what is posted here seriously...fact is, for the most part we dont know who or what we are communicating with here...so keep it light and positive...and most of all, be happy!

Last edited by ed good; 04/30/17 02:45 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I took a quick look at all of your posts that you made over the last several days, and saw nothing that should have elicited an overly emotional response from any man who isn't overly sensitive himself. I did note however, that you most graciously shared your thoughts and techniques to help others become better at shooting clays. Maybe your great sin against humanity came earlier, but somehow, I doubt it.

You did admonish the gunsmithing methods and trolling of our resident anti-gunner Ed Good a couple times. But then, I seriously doubt if Ed PM'd you to say you hurt his feelings. More likely, you made him happy that someone paid attention to him and his trolling.

You've given me a few curt replies over the years when I said something that you disagreed with. Somehow, I survived without having an emotional breakdown. What this place really needs is free tissues and a cry room. If some of the whiners and crybabies we have here worked with the guys I work with, they would either quickly grow some balls, or spend their days quivering in the fetal position. But I'll have to ask Miss Manners, our Thread Moderator, what she thinks.

I think treblig1958 made an excellent response to your apology.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

resident anti gunner? gee keet, i thought that title was held by king...speaking of which, haven't heard from him here in awhile...

anyway, i must decline this new title, as i really dont feel up to the task...

oh, and one more thing, as to my gunsmithing methods...i do no gun work of any kind...

Last edited by ed good; 04/30/17 10:00 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very gracious. I think we all can use a little periodic introspection as far as how we react emotionally. Strong topics ellicit strong emotions, but fortunately our great country allows the freedom to respond as we see fit. But, as true Americans who actually value the concepts of Freedom and Equality, we should always keep in mind Common Courtesy and a respect for other's views, no matter how much we may disagree with them.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh Ed, King isn't an anti-gunner. Just ask him. He has denied it hundreds of times... despite having his own anti-gun, anti-NRA, anti 2nd Amendment words and blind allegiance for anti-gun politicians replayed for him over and over.

Come to think of it, that's the same sort of trolling dishonesty you display here on a regular basis. Here's a little reminder for your senile and dishonest little brain:

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

By the way Ed, I have also noted that your denial about doing any gun work is also a falsehood. You did tell us that you took a gunsmithing course, and you did tell us that you built some muzzleloaders. I think that counts as gun work, unless you were doing like Jagermeister and telling us lies, so cut the crap already.

My opinions of you two are based solely upon your own unedited words Ed.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.