March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dan R), 819 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

piper, you too seem to have embraced a fantasy here...how do you know the rib extension has been peened?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

and drew, what has really become pitiful here is your effort to create reality out of fantasy...

you post images here of unknown origin, then make unsubstantiated negative assumptions and accusations and then demand that i explain and confirm your fantasies...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well obviously something has been done to it unless it was totally shabbily built. Look at the gap where the extension fits into the cut in the frame. Of course I suppose someone could have taken a big coarse file to it & flattened the rear, But WHY. Filing removes metal & would make the fit looser, peening expands metal to give it a closer fit. Also if you look closely at the picture you can see the expanded metal on the top of the extension, normal for peening, abnormal for filing or grinding. I did put in over 35 years as a machinist, I can generally see the difference in peening & metal removal even from a picture, if I could look at it up close it would of course remove all doubt.
What do you see that says it "WAS NOT PEENED???"
Just present facts, don't try to snowball me, I've been going down the tracks for a long time, seen a lot of water run over the dam & seen a lot of Uncouth Fixings.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

piper: i see no evidence of peening or not peening...that is my point...none of us knows much about this gun...to claim otherwise is fantasy...

the facts are, i see what is perhaps an early parker trojan with rib extension...and it appears to be a well worn old gun with little external finish remaining...what do you see?

Last edited by ed good; 04/26/17 03:44 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
and your drivel is perpetuating this torch myth...

Ed, anyone who cares to take the time to read your old posts knows that you have long been a proponent of torch coloring guns.

I believe the only "myth" part is where you blamed it all on "Master Gunsmith Old Ed Lander". It would appear that a disproportionate number of guns sold by you have been "enhanced" by dubious techniques such as torch coloring, peening, top levers bent so that they appear to be right of center, etc. How do you explain all that?

And one thing that definitely is NOT a myth is that you, Ed Good, have repeatedly voiced your support for anti-2nd Amendment politicians, and gun bans and restrictions on certain classes of firearms:

too many people in this country possess too many semi automatic firearms...including the police.

elementary statistical theory and the law of probability indicates that the only meaningful solution to the growing number of misuses of that class of firearms is to reduce the number of semi automatic firearms now in wide distribution nationwide.

reducing the amount of anything will reduce its misuse.
Post # 400299

and for those who argue there should be no restriction or prohibition of any class of arms, anywhere...well that is a rather selfish, self focused and unrealistic view, in my opinion....

....is a weak attempt at demagoguery.

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

Would you care to take this discussion private Ed? Too bad! I'd rather do it right here in the open so everyone knows you are an anti-gunner... which is my opinion of you based upon your very own words.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed;
I also see what appears to be a Parker Trojan with rib extension. I also see a big gap at the rear of that extension. As the shoulders of the rib at the front of the extension are tight against the frame the rear of the extension DID NOT wear in ordinary opening & closing of the gun. In my 79 years upon this earth I have never seen a Parker, even a Trojan, with that sloppy a fit. The metal thus had to go somewhere. In the pictures YES I definitely see signs of what appear to be peening. I have never to my knowledge seen this gun or know anything at all about it other than the picture. I stated my reasons for this which anyone who knows guns or even metal could understand.
"IF" you have actual, factual evidence that gun was not peened then PLEASE do state them, but this HOGWASH RUN AROUND just Don't CUT IT. All I'm going to say unless you have some real facts to produce, then I am willing to listen.
All I am doing is committing on the picture, not taking sides For or Agin anyone, just calling the picture as I see it, & I feel I am qualified to comment.
Take it for whatever its worth.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

well, please do call it as you see it. that is fair...as for who worked on this gun, and what was done to it, i have no knowledge nor recollection...over the years, i have sold some well worn parker trojans...this could very well be one of them...

but, what is not fair is to do what drew does...insinuate that i or any other specific person worked on this gun, without any factual knowledge.

and with regard to parker trojans...as i recall the rib extension was an early feature that was found to be of no value and hence done away with around 1918...as such, the condition of the rib extension has no bearing on the tightness nor function of the gun...so why the big deal about the rib extension?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller: Ed refuses to acknowledge that he offered that gun for sale, and has now implied that I lifted the image and have falsely attributed the gun/image to him. It is my recollection that there was a discussion about that gun on the PGCA Forum, and will try an 'Ed Good' search to find it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

drew, as stated above...this could very well be one of them...

and so what if it is?

this is really getting tiresome...

next thing ya know keet da troll will surface...

Last edited by ed good; 04/26/17 07:47 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, it is simply dishonest of you to act as if you don't know that you sold this gun. The pictures of this same Trojan have been posted here many times to remind everyone of the tarted up crap you sell. There have been many other similar pictures of other crap you sold... guns with grotesque acetylene torch color burned metal actions... guns with bent top levers which made it appear at first glance that the top lever was right of center... guns that were photographed slightly opened so that the top lever was to the right... etc., etc.

So where did Drew insinuate that you or any other person worked on the crap guns you frequently sell? It was you who told us that Master Gunsmith Old Ed Lander does a lot of your work. Why is it not fair for Drew or anyone else to repeat what you yourself has said repeatedly over the years? Do you think we all have short memories?

Here's a link to an old thread that contains numerous other links to other threads documenting the very things you'd like us all to forget. Once a Troll... Always a Troll, right Ed?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348207&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.