March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (Dan R, Hoot4570, canvasback, 4 invisible), 348 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
....with the random nature of shotgun shot swarms and a total lack of some methodology to present a cogent and consistent representation of the event in action I will be forced to retain my opinion that holes do not exist from the perspective of the target in a dynamic situation....

....I'm talking real life not some fantasy.

Only curious, and not trying to be argumentative. What would lead to the conclusion that there would be no holes, rather than more or even the same number of, holes in a dynamic situation that I'll take to mean a moving and changing shot string and a moving target?

It would seem that dynamic and infinite combinations might allow at least one target to slip through an apparent shot pattern sweet spot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's quite simple craigd.

It never seems to happen to those who shoot after shoot, year after year, are at the top of the leader board.

The one pellet break requirement for a perfect score is simply an attempt to explain a flawed analysis.

I can't state it any plainer, it's simply flat out incorrect.

Before I get more of the 'that's just your opinion' garbage from true believers remember this is the very nature of internet discussion boards.

I, for one, am not about to call Kim Rhode and tell her the whole game is a statistical farce.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
It's quite simple craigd.

It never seems to happen to those who shoot after shoot, year after year, are at the top of the leader board.

The one pellet break requirement for a perfect score is simply an attempt to explain a flawed analysis.

I can't state it any plainer, it's simply flat out incorrect.

Before I get more of the 'that's just your opinion' garbage from true believers remember this is the very nature of internet discussion boards.

I, for one, am not about to call Kim Rhode and tell her the whole game is a statistical farce.

On the other hand . . . for those of us who are mere mortals, it's quite possible--perhaps even probable--that at least one single pellet break would show up in a 25 straight at trap or skeet. We're simply not good enough to center the target with every shot. Which means we may sometimes luck into a 25 straight, thanks to what could have been a miss but ended up a single pellet break. Or, unluckily, ended up with a 24 because we had a single pellet hit that did not result in a broken target.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's absolutely true, Larry.

I'll take Kim in the Calcutta, and not me or you.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The whole concept of thinking about one pellet breaks, and telling yourself that the only reason you shot a straight was because you got a couple of them, is counterproductive to good shooting. Self confidence is critical to shooting your best, and once you start thinking you have missed the bird with your whole pattern except for one pellet that hit it, your self confidence is on a downhill run.

I shot a 96/100 yesterday afternoon on a round of sporting, shooting two .020" barrels. There is no way I am going to tell myself I must have had several one pellet breaks to do that. There were no "iffy" breaks anyway, where a chip or two came off. The four birds I missed, I knew I wasn't right when I pulled the trigger. It wasn't because of a hole in the pattern, it was because I didn't put it where it was supposed to be. The rest of them were hard breaks.

Y'all keep on believing you're getting a good score because you got several one pellet breaks if you want to. I'll keep on believing I can smoke every target on the course the next time I get to shoot. I know how important confidence is.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
craigd #478896 04/27/17 12:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
....with the random nature of shotgun shot swarms and a total lack of some methodology to present a cogent and consistent representation of the event in action I will be forced to retain my opinion that holes do not exist from the perspective of the target in a dynamic situation....

....I'm talking real life not some fantasy.

Only curious, and not trying to be argumentative. What would lead to the conclusion that there would be no holes, rather than more or even the same number of, holes in a dynamic situation that I'll take to mean a moving and changing shot string and a moving target?

It would seem that dynamic and infinite combinations might allow at least one target to slip through an apparent shot pattern sweet spot.

It's really very simple. The swarm and the target are not on the same path parallel or otherwise. The target does not see the "holes".
The hole that the targets flies in unbroken is the infinite one that surrounds the swarm exterior to it.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.