April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ken Nelson, MattH, j7l2), 582 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Fox news isn't the place to get an education in science.

The young woman carrying the sign today on Dutch national television, is one of the women that found the BRCA gene.

Ask the nearest woman you can find if she believes that it was all made up by leftist breast whackers.

As they say, You are entitled to your own opinion's, but not your own facts.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, CZ, I do believe that mainstream science is corrupt from top to bottom.

Our research institutions are primarily engaged in seeking corroborative findings that support what we are told 'the majority of scientists believe'.

The process of 'peer review' is little more than a joke. Since publications are tightly controlled by mainstream 'scientists' censorship is rampant.

A few examples of the absurdity we are fed daily:

Where I sit, just 12,000 years ago the ground was covered with ice to a depth of two miles. This cycle has repeated itself at least 4 times since way before humans populated the planet in any number, yet very short in geological time. In the age of the dinosaurs, the Earth was very much warmer, tropical even. Yet, I am told that my very breathing is destroying the planet.

No fossils have ever been found associated with 'fossil fuel' except in peat and soft coal. No attempt to make crude oil from biological material has succeeded. Natural gas wells in TX also produce He, the result of processes we do understand that have no connection to fossils. Yet, we are told that 'fossil fuel' is in short supply.

For a good laugh, look up 'inflation theory' as relates to cosmology. If the observations don't match the theory, just invent physics. Why? It pays.

Did you see that we found a fairly complex organic molecule on a space rock? That 'proves' that the building blocks of life are all around us. Never mind that the simplest life form is still extremely complex and the possibility of it forming by chance, even once, is (as Fred Hoyle said) 'like a whirlwind passing through a junkyard and assembling a 747'.

As far as computers and science or medicine, they are just tools for a competent investigator or technician. Computers can't think any more than GPS equipment can navigate.

Finally, I'm not shocked at the vitriol and character assassination coming from you. That's what anyone who dissents in any field, especially science, has to deal with.

I do get quite a kick out of anyone with such confidence in the integrity of modern science 'praying to God'. Yet, since many scientific 'findings' are based more on faith than actual evidence, it's not surprising.

Now, let me get back to my cold fusion project and my perpetual motion machine. I gotta find a way to cash in before I get too old to spend it.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Before you kick clue me in on where that galaxy of 7 of 9's is. Thanks.

Go Rangers! ( the team whose name I can't speak just scored. Fook.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, today, at 5-stand...

My shot galaxies did not collide with targets on a regular basis.

Perhaps they fell into a 'Supermassive Black Hole'.

You know? The kind Hawking has a different handle on every other year or so.

Gotta sell those books, the old ones get stale.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones

My favorite explanation as to why I missed a particular bird is that ....... "my projectiles deviated from their intended trajectories".

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

I'm glad Galileo didn't give up.
As well as Louis Pasteur, Paul Ehrlich, Jonah Salk, and all the other nameless charlatan, leftist, atheist, thieves that have given me such a good life.

Dr Jones put his effort where his mouth is.

It's a sad shame that so many of you think so little of professional scientists.

Right up until you are clutching at straws to live, and then you'll buy whatever snake oil somebody pours out for you.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Galileo suffered the ultimate research paper review.

That's what I'm talking about.

I think a great deal of actual scientists, it's the system that rewards fraud and squelches dissenting opinion that sucks.

Funny you should mention medical snake oil. My wife has a lengthy history with the latest and greatest treatments for MS, in particular the products of Biogen. The approvals are all rooted in double blind statistical clinical studies. The rewards are enormous for the stockholders, the patients get 'odds'. The best part is that you never can know if the treatment helped, did nothing, or made things worse.

Snake oil or modern miracle? Seems roughly equivalent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't say that being a scientist automatically makes you a fraud, there are many more examples of legitimate scientists that you could give. On the other hand, being a scientist doesn't grant that person immunity from dishonesty, poor judgement, biased thinking or incompetence.

If you'd like to use google, you can find plenty of examples of bad science. I have stacks of outdoor magazines going back to the 70's, they're full of articles, based on the work of professional scientists, beyond reproach, that warn of ecological armageddons, extinctions, and climate disasters that never came to pass. Science was always plagued by poor scientists, I just happen to think there's more today than in the past, fueled by today's hyper-charged political environment.

If you choose to blindly believe whatever some professional scientist shovels in your direction, that's your prerogative, I choose to look at things with my eyes open. The fact that so many professional scientists shout down anyone who disagrees with their findings, is a red flag for me, I'm not a lemming.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones

My favorite explanation as to why I missed a particular bird is that ....... "my projectiles deviated from their intended trajectories".

SRH

I guess we're simpler folks in the Midwest. When I miss, I'm often told that I need to shoot closer to the bird.

All time best line on misses, in this case rabbits: I was shooting on a squad at the old UP SxS Classic with two guys who were Yooper grouse hunters. As I recall, we were shooting 16 targets on some of the stations. Everyone would shoot 8, then through the rotation again. Anyhow, grouse hunter #1 misses all 8 the first time around. Second time, his partner says to him: "Don't think of them as rabbits. Think of them as running grouse!" He proceeds to smoke all 8 . . . and we're all laughing our heads off.

Last edited by L. Brown; 04/23/17 06:17 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rabbits will frustrate you, and when that happens you're on the fast track to a bad score. Once the negative thoughts take over you've had it, and rabbits will do that to you if you're not careful. They're the most unpredictable target on the course. When you stop trying to hit it, and start trying not to miss it, you've let negative thinking creep in. That will kill you ............. square load or not.

By using that excuse that I mentioned in my previous post I can have a little laugh and forget about the miss, helping to prevent those negative thoughts from getting a foothold.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 04/23/17 06:31 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.