April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, dukxdog, Roundsworth, KY Jon, 2 invisible), 362 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mother nature smiled, and the "2017 Gentleman's Cup", was held today on this, a most beautiful of spring days, at the Freeland Spostsman's Club, Freeland, MI.

72 Shooters attended, from all regions of Michigan.
A delicious lunch was served, and the 100 target event was delivered for a budget friendly $45.00

HOA was 88/100. Truly a deserving winner.
So as you can see, there was definitely some room available at the top.

But, it is absolutely a great place to launch a spring shooting season, and is our locally traditional first event. For like 20 years.

Middle MI is rich with gun clubs that sponsor spring/summer SXS shoots, and each club works hard to do a better job than the other guy. All in good fun and in the spirit of comradery of course.

It's great place to visit with a trunk full of cases.

Thanks to all the guys in Freeland that made this fun day possible.

I had fun, shot mediocrely, ate too much, but also absorbed plenty of restorative, as I recover from pneumonia.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ,
Are you planning on going to the Lapeer shoot or the one at Grand Blanc? I had to miss the shoot at Freeland because I was already committed to be a gunner at the Fort Detroit Wirehair club's hunt test in Highland Hills.
Eric Eis and I are planning to bring out our 28 gauges for the Lapeer shoot, hope you can make it.
Karl

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can't.
June 3rd I'll be in Paris, FR, and May 20th I'll be shooting the "Ripon Challenge" at the WLSS.

We are blessed with days of fun here in mid-MI each spring, but I just can't make them all.

There's also the "Cedar Gun Club shoot" sponsored by Fieldsports, and the "Tunnel of trees" shoot, numerous RGS fun shoots, and who knows how many more.

But I'm always partial to Paul's shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul does put on a nice shoot, I rarely miss it. I'm going to make a better effort to make the Tunnel of Trees and acually shoot this time. I've shot at Cedar a couple of times, and wasn't aware that they put on a SxS shoot.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't know you were there clapper! I shot a 69, but had fun! It's my favorite shoot of the area, I always dream of the cup at my place... not that it's likely to happen lol. You might have noticed my gun on the racks, it was one of the 4 hammer guns

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

72 afficionado's, it's easy to cross paths without introduction.
Every shoot has a flavor, and every shooter has their own interests.
I do however wish more people took the time to enjoy the comraderie aspect of shoots. It always seems there is a significant number of people that just jet in, and jet out, as quickly as they can. Since I come at it from the lifestyle side, as opposed to the competition gunning side, that always seems odd to me. But I guess, well you know, people are busy.

It's hard to let friendships blossom if you can't spare the time.

The second half of this year I may have more time on weekends, but well, we'll see.

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry I missed you too Clapper, it was a wonderful shoot, we didn't shoot for score, we shot two rounds of SC, instead of the SC, 5 stand and skeet(?), had a great time and shot poorly like always ! When is the Cedar shoot? I might be able to make that

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like Eric, Steve and I shot the 2nd round of clays instead of 5-stand and skeet. They had a real nice course set up. It's always fun to attend a shoot where I don't have to do anything except shoot. Now it's time to get busy and start thinking of how to set our course this year. It's nice to have just push buttons at every station, but there are a couple of targets we like to throw that demand the hand traps - the nesting pair, the 60 that goes out and bends straight up, and maybe the squirrel. Have to see what we'll do. And have to make sure the pigeon ring is working. We'll also have the long bird and duck towers, so there's some work to do. Hope to see everyone on May 20th.
Paul

Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul,
Oh no! Not the squirrels!
Karl

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul those are fun targets and we can trap for our selves. Put them in, also is it ok to shoot the course (and pay for the round) and not sign up before hand if they are not having the dinner? Couple of guys asked and I said sure and then thought should ask you first....! Sorry about that ! The usual crew will be there.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.