Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I like the evasive nature of most game birds. Like the instinct for survival that my game birds have and the evolution that has created those instinctive evasive tactics. But.....I don't want to hunt and kill animals that know who I am. That can develop a plan.

Just me and I'm not condemning those who do. To each their own.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Errrr, this is an upland gauge topic, supposedly ........ are crows upland birds?

SRH

They sure ain't waterfowl ! laugh

Last edited by canvasback; 04/14/17 05:52 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
But.....I don't want to hunt and kill animals that know who I am. That can develop a plan.

Just curious, James. What do you mean by "That can develop a plan"?

I apologize for being dense. blush

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I don't think you are being dense. Crows know who you are, unless you hide your face. Crows can think steps ahead to get the right outcome. They aren't at our level, clearly, but they are way ahead of most other animals. They DECIDE what they are going to do, not just react to stimuli.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Crow in that video is smarter'n Jag.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=lonesome roads]Crow in that video is smarter'n Jag.

The Canadian called me idiot at least twice and on miss fires Keith posted that my IQ was less than 28. Thank you for the compliment.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dad showed me the same trick stan did, except with a broom handle and a pellet gun. They are smarter than a duck, that's for sure.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
[quote=lonesome roads]Crow in that video is smarter'n Jag.

The Canadian called me idiot at least twice and on miss fires Keith posted that my IQ was less than 28. Thank you for the compliment.

Yup. I have called you an idiot. For good reason. You behave on this site like an idiot. You blurt out recommendations that have nothing to do with either personal experience or the point of this forum....double guns.

I spent several years here while practically saying nothing. I listened before I spoke. I still try to make sure my posts add something of value to any given thread. I don't post for the sheer joy of hearing my own voice. You should try it, JM. You might find people treat you differently.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/15/17 09:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
I wasn't impling you SHOULD eat the crows, heaven forbid, just as to whether you had actually done it. By the way, shrimp fall into the same catagory, "bottom feeders" and I eat every one I can.
I've never eaten crow, literally, anyway. Lots of figuratively, I guess. Part of the aging process.
The receipe I have is from the Field and Stream guide to Sportsman's Cooking, a little paperback, written by one George Laycock in 1967. I doubt, seriously, it is needed, but, if anyone wants the crow receipe, and the tidbit about removing the crow's oil gland, to prepare for cooking, drop me a PM and I'll get it to you.

PJ,
You have an opinion on most of the topics presented, here. Good. But, Canvasback has given you extremely sage, if blunt, advice. To a very large degree, nobody here (save, perhaps, LeFusil, myself, and maybe Recoil Rob) care about your feelings pertaining to an Ithaca 37, and, I am reducing those guns in my collection. Some of these guys won't pick one up to look at it. They have their own opinions on the doubles that come up for discussion here, based on their ownership and using of same.
Your opinion won't often be the same as most of the older gents, here. There is much to learn on the topic. This is a good place to learn.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Stan,
I wasn't impling you SHOULD eat the crows, heaven forbid, just as to whether you had actually done it. By the way, shrimp fall into the same catagory, "bottom feeders" and I eat every one I can.
I've never eaten crow, literally, anyway. Lots of figuratively, I guess. Part of the aging process.
The receipe I have is from the Field and Stream guide to Sportsman's Cooking, a little paperback, written by one George Laycock in 1967. I doubt, seriously, it is needed, but, if anyone wants the crow receipe, and the tidbit about removing the crow's oil gland, to prepare for cooking, drop me a PM and I'll get it to you.

PJ,
You have an opinion on most of the topics presented, here. Good. But, Canvasback has given you extremely sage advice. To a very large degree, nobody here (save, perhaps, LeFusil, myself, and maybe Recoil Rob) care about your feelings pertaining to an Ithaca 37, and, I am reducing those guns in my collection. Some of these guys won't pick one up to look at it. They have their own opinions on the doubles that come up for discussion here, based on their ownership and using of same.
Your opinion won't often be the same as most of the older gents, here. There is much to learn on the topic. This is a good place to learn.

Best,
Ted

Ok, I will give up on discussing repeating shotguns. I understand there are places like: ShotgunWorld, Upland Journal,....for discussing them. This is Double Gun BBS.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.