April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, rtw, LRF, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 311 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've bought guns which I assumed had been refurbished only to find they were in fact high conditional guns with original finish. That was a pleasant thing. I did have one gun I sold that was original that was listed as refinished. A fast call to the auction house got that fixed to some degree. They changed the description to state possible original condition. In hind sight I should have had them pull the item if they would not properly state what it was. Live and learn and one hard to learn lesson is that people who you assume know what they are doing for a living should be good at it. Some are but some are just one step above novice pretending to be an expert.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe they would like us all to attend the viewing and the auction, after all, a crowded room full of potential bidders looks a lot better than just a handful of people sat there patiently waiting for lot number 351 to appear smile
There is a chance that the profits from commission far outweigh petty things like proper descriptions of the lots available too.
Maybe true, maybe not, just my take on it..

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bartlett
[quote=1cdog] If anyone really believes this is a "hammer ejector" have at it - personally I don't:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/aucti...45-a74d007885aa
Jeremy

I believe that gun to be a cheap, low grade, worn out worthless pig that is in the same class as the gun I described in my other post on this thread.
The description is brief because what can you say that is going to sell this gun & not be dishonest.
The gun is what it is & to try to describe it in detail will hunt off any potential buyers. Might just as well throw it in the dumpster now.
The photo's tell me way more than enough than to want to know any more about it.
Just one photo alone of the top of the gun shows us that
the hammers & firing pin relationship is way off. For whatever reason.
The dolls head is peened.
The rib pattern is filed away in front of the dolls head.
Lord only knows what is going on with the top lever screw, out of time & by a thread, butchered slot.
Top lever is way left.
Oil soaked stock head, heaps of cast off, tang screw is suss.
In another shot, look how badly rusted that trigger guard is.
I really think this gun will look just like this all over it & in it.
O.M

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.