April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, graybeardtmm3, canvasback, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 811 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,828
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunwolf,

Thanks for the response. This is good to know as I couldn't find it on the US Brenneke Site. Now to order a few boxes...

Thanks again..
WBLDon

Sidelock
Sidelock

For anyone who is interested, the 16-gauge Brenneke 2.5" slugs shoot unbelievably well out of a 1935 German combination gun under my care. It groups consistently tight and a couple inches high at 80 yards, making it seem it will be exactly above the sights at 110 yards (100 meters). I did not chronograph them, as they seem to function perfectly as-is and as soon as they were making tight groups at big game ranges, I called it success. In 2017 I bought ten boxes (50 rounds), and shot a few boxes so far, so I will be stocking up on even more of these.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can you advise where you got the, please? I would love to try them in my drilling.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just bought another 5 boxes- picked them up Friday from a local gun shop.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dilly541
Can you advise where you got the, please? I would love to try them in my drilling.

I bought them online. Cannot recall. SWFA, I think. Five bucks a box plus a lot more for next-day shipping. Overall a good deal.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dilly541

Look online. Try GunBroker. Three minutes of searching will get you several sources to purchase them from.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing on Gunbroker...Google search only turned up one dealer with them in stock, Target Sports USA, $8/box

Last edited by Recoil Rob; 07/11/18 01:02 PM.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Nothing on Gunbroker...Google search only turned up one dealer with them in stock, Target Sports USA, $8/box

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I don't think I had trouble finding the 2.5" Brenneke slugs the last time I looked. It may be that they did a run and will wait a year or two to do another. A lot of ammo and brass producers do that. A big production run, and then two to three or even five years before another. Keep looking.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah I also see Target with what appears to be the available stock. You'll need ten rounds to sight in and practice. The rest go hunting. Maybe a couple a year, one before season to warm up, another for a deer. 25 rounds would last a lifetime.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Checked with my local gun shop to see where they ordered the the 16 b 2.5 inch Brenneke slugs. They ordered from United Sporting Co- Ellett Brothers web site www.jerryssportscenter.com
Only an FFL holder can order from them.
As of this morning they listed 100 boxes in stock
I waited several weeks until the gun shop had a large order that greatly reduced shipping cost.
There are probably other suppliers that stock these.
Jim

Last edited by ohiochuck; 07/24/18 02:24 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.