March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, JDH, KDGJ, Marc Ret, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 377 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,989
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#475939 03/23/17 02:12 PM
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I am searching for a 3 position safety spring for my LC Smith. IT is a 1028 FW field grade. It can be origional or fabricated. Thank you for the help. Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I obtained kits from Numrich to convert both my Elsies from 3 position to 2 position safeties. Both mine are regular frame. I have the 3 position parts from both guns around here somewhere. I don't intend to re-convert them, so if any of the parts are of use to you, I'll be glad to pass them along. I think however, that the safety spring was re-used and not a part of the conversion kit...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello waterbug
WELCOME on your FIRST posting smile

Yes, shows "sold out"
but call them anyway

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/520930.htm

George, please tell me if the kits are still available.

Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 03/23/17 08:02 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think NE GP. Which I believe means, New England Gun Parts, although I am not sure about that, might have the safety spring you need. I recently got some LC parts from him. Service was good and the price was fair. He was on ebay. I just tried to find him again but he didn't pop right up.

George was there a particular reason you switched your Elsies over to a two position safety? Function issues with the 3 position? or something like that. Just curious.

Swampman

Swampman

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike I do not know whether the conversion kits are still available, but it was only last year,I think, that I got mine.

Swampman, I switched because I hate 3-position safeties. The original 3 position safeties worked just fine, but I found myself constantly flicking the switch back and forth because I could not tell whether I was all the way back or all the way forward, or in the middle. This of course would not apply to more intelligent shooters...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George,

I believe I shall join the world of those less gifted. I am going to switch my duck gun over.

Swampman

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I will gladly purchase the 3 position spring if you still have it. I think I will try and keep the three position for now and perhaps if the replacement spring is unattainable then I will go the conversion route. This is the final piece to a somewhat DIY restoration. Thank you so much for your help.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thank you everyone for your help with this and the welcome to the forum. This is my first SXS and I absolutely love it. It was in incredibly poor condition when it came to me. This spring is the final piece before I can reassemble it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Waterbug,

I have found the acquisition of double guns to be an delightfully incurable malady. I shoot them and hunt with them and it makes what I'm doing just a little more fun. I have one piece of advice. If you get to the point that your vault has magically become full and you say to yourself I need to get rid of some of these guns to make room, stop. I have the perfect solution, take a breath, head over to your local sporting goods store and buy another vault, problem solved. I can't say that this will work for you but it sure has for me. Congratulations.
Swampman

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: waterbug
I will gladly purchase the 3 position spring if you still have it. I think I will try and keep the three position for now and perhaps if the replacement spring is unattainable then I will go the conversion route. This is the final piece to a somewhat DIY restoration. Thank you so much for your help.

waterbug, as I posted before, the spring works with either the 2 position or the 3 position safety, so I just used the original spring, and don't have a spare. The conversion kit for the regular frame won't work for the featherweight though. The spares I have are for the regular frame...Geo

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.