Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I found a set of barrels for my B gun I would love to have but they are in Canada, is it possible to have them imported? Has anyone here done so?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Recommended gun importer

T. R. Imports, Inc.
5778 Park Vista Cir Ste 302
Fort Worth, TX 76244
(817) 750-2291
fax (817) 581-4222
www.trimports.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrels are not a gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As far as I know it is the frame that is linked to any FFL restrictions. There shouldn't be any issues with barrels alone, unless something has changed.

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

never had a problem.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the US perspective this is not a problem. Remember that Canada is not the US though ... often casually forgotten by many Americans due to the similarity in the language and the ability to just drive there : )

I have done this myself from the UK. However in the UK the barrels must be handled via a RFD just like a gun with similar exporting permitting requirements. Given the historical ties of the Canadian legal system to the UK there is a good chance that Canada has similar requirements so I'd check with your Canadian source on that. You might hit a stumbling block there.

Once they're on the truck/plane headed for the US you shouldn't have any difficulty.

Jeremy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not exported barrels permanently to the US from Canada but I have sent them down temporarily for bluing. In my research, which including talking to a customs broker I worked with professionally for 20 years, no flags came up from the Canadian side regarding export. I HAVE exported several guns to the US and it's the same thing. Canadian requirements are minimal at best. It is properly complying with US regs that will likely be the issue.

I do know that exporting ANYTHING to do with firearms FROM the US is problematic and requires significant compliance with US regs.

Don't underestimate the level of compliance required by the US government on the subject of import/export of firearms and firearms components or the severity of the problem if you are caught doing something you should not be doing. It has been my experience that because you have the 2cd Amendment and relatively light gun control laws WITHIN your nation, that many think the same level of laxness will apply to import/export (See eightbore's post). It does not.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/24/17 11:50 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm in the process of importing a set of barrels from Canada and you do need permit to import but it can be done by an individual without the need to go through a FFL. You need to fill out a form 6 and submit it for approval.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure why a Form 6 would be required to import a set of barrels. I've imported guns from Australia and from Germany years ago and the Frame requires approval, not the barrels.

Here's the instructions on the Form 6:

7. An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting type ammunition(excluding tracer or incendiary) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers or actions) without engaging the services of a Federal firearms licensee, provided that the importation is for his personal use and not for resale.

Think the key word here is "May" not "Must". I think doing the form would be a way to prove ownership or it would be required if you were purchasing the barrels for commercial resale.

PS. I think the Forms leave a lot to interpretation for sure.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago when Litt's was in buisness my brother used to buy lightweight Perazzi barrels. No problem and they arrived very quickly.

Mike Proctor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.