April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Karl Graebner, Fudd, jake van dyke, ClapperZapper, SKB, bushveld), 467 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,149
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm about to go off topic, but since it's already been done, here goes.

jOe said "Just like the idiots running the European countries are to blame for the Muslims taking over Europe". This is a crassly ignorant statement. The Muslims are not 'taking over' by any definition. Besides, the vast majority of those who are Muslim are decent, kindly people. This is a fact and I am not acting as any sort of an apologist, either. One of the strengths of both our nations is tolerance.

The fact is that a tiny number of so called radicalised Islamists are behind the acts of terrorism. They are disowned by the majority of Muslim followers. Basically these cowardly acts are committed by criminals, however much they may wish to dress it up as something else.

It was the same when I was a serving British Army officer and we were fighting terrorism on a daily basis. Those so called freedom fighters were nothing more than jumped up petty criminals.

So to get back to the original intent of this post, as a Brit I thank you for your expressions of support. The best remark I have heard so far was that the foremost name that will be remembered from yesterday is that of PC Keith Palmer, who gave his life serving his country. He had been a serving soldier before joining the police.

That of course is not to forget the three others who died yesterday and those who were wounded, some very seriously. My Christian prayers go out to all the individuals and families of those affected by the cowardly criminal act.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: trw999
I'm about to go off topic, but since it's already been done, here goes.

jOe said "Just like the idiots running the European countries are to blame for the Muslims taking over Europe". This is a crassly ignorant statement. The Muslims are not 'taking over' by any definition. Besides, the vast majority of those who are Muslim are decent, kindly people. This is a fact and I am not acting as any sort of an apologist, either. One of the strengths of both our nations is tolerance.

The fact is that a tiny number of so called radicalised Islamists are behind the acts of terrorism. They are disowned by the majority of Muslim followers. Basically these cowardly acts are committed by criminals, however much they may wish to dress it up as something else.

It was the same when I was a serving British Army officer and we were fighting terrorism on a daily basis. Those so called freedom fighters were nothing more than jumped up petty criminals.

So to get back to the original intent of this post, as a Brit I thank you for your expressions of support. The best remark I have heard so far was that the foremost name that will be remembered from yesterday is that of PC Keith Palmer, who gave his life serving his country. He had been a serving soldier before joining the police.

That of course is not to forget the three others who died yesterday and those who were wounded, some very seriously. My Christian prayers go out to all the individuals and families of those affected by the cowardly criminal act.

Tim

As another in the UK, I can 100% back this up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish to apologize my government being responsible for destabilization of Middle East making environment conducive for creation of Islamic State therefore generating Middle Eastern Human Exodus into the EU and Great Britain. This would be administrations of our 43rd president and to slightly lesser extent our 44th one. While I agree vast majority Muslim immigrants are good people trying to escape to safety and make better life for themselves and their families having more of them in your country will likely lead to more sad incidents like this.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
My sincere condolences regarding the cowardly attack on the public on Westminster Bridge and near the House of Parliament and for the death of one of your police officers and one of your citizens. I'm sure the location chosen was no accident. Westminster is arguably the seat of democracy and a powerful symbol of the rights of the individual against the tyranny of any type of autocratic rule.

Once again, the scourge known as Islamist terrorism makes itself known.

I thank you for your kind and sincere words on my behaif. I agree 100% with what you have said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in the UK about 6 weeks after 9/11. The support shown to their American guests was much appreciated.

Meanwhile, a local news story yesterday related how an Afghan now resident in Iowa--former interpreter for the US military--only managed to get an expedited hearing before an immigration judge because of the intervention of Senator Grassley. The Special Visa Program for such individuals has been reauthorized, but with a quota of only 1,500 visas per year. It's estimated that about 10,000 Afghans eligible for the program are waiting in Afghanistan . . . their lives in danger from the Taliban. And the US Embassy in Kabul has ceased conducting interviews for the program.

When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror.

The problem isn't shutting the door. Rather, it's making sure we're letting the right ones in. Keeping out those who've earned their way, just because of their nationality or religion, is wrong.

Last edited by L. Brown; 03/23/17 07:58 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I was in the UK about 6 weeks after 9/11. The support shown to their American guests was much appreciated.

Meanwhile, a local news story yesterday related how an Afghan now resident in Iowa--former interpreter for the US military--only managed to get an expedited hearing before an immigration judge because of the intervention of Senator Grassley. The Special Visa Program for such individuals has been reauthorized, but with a quota of only 1,500 visas per year. It's estimated that about 10,000 Afghans eligible for the program are waiting in Afghanistan . . . their lives in danger from the Taliban. And the US Embassy in Kabul has ceased conducting interviews for the program.

When some here--perhaps never even having worn their country's uniform--choose to pontificate upon whom should or should not be allowed to immigrate . . . let me say that I'd happily trade any of those individuals for Afghans and Iraqis who've put their lives on the line, working with our military in the war on terror.

The problem isn't shutting the door. Rather, it's making sure we're letting the right ones in. Keeping out those who've earned their way, just because of their nationality or religion, is wrong.

Yes, we must do the right thing and hope for the best.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My thoughts are with all our British members. A sad day indeed.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unfortunately no one in power is willing the address the the reason or cause of these attacks. Brown votes are more important then white lives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To read some of the remarks about this tragic attack, one might think this sort of thing is rare.

In the last 30 days, there were 131 Islamic attacks in 22 countries, in which 985 people were killed and 1093 injured. Here's some very interesting reading about Islam, the so-called Religion of Peace.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Once again, Larry and Jagermeister are making silly excuses for Muslim extremism. To listen to Jagermeister, you'd think this sort of thing began with George Bush 43. This battle has been going on for centuries, and planting your head in the sand, or pretending it isn't real isn't going to make it go away. Muslims are "only" six times more likely than the general population to commit acts of terror. The cult called Islam is different. Those who refuse to believe it are part of the problem.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
To read some of the remarks about this tragic attack, one might think this sort of thing is rare.

In the last 30 days, there were 131 Islamic attacks in 22 countries, in which 985 people were killed and 1093 injured. Here's some very interesting reading about Islam, the so-called Religion of Peace.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Once again, Larry and Jagermeister are making silly excuses for Muslim extremism. To listen to Jagermeister, you'd think this sort of thing began with George Bush 43. This battle has been going on for centuries, and planting your head in the sand, or pretending it isn't real isn't going to make it go away. Muslims are "only" six times more likely than the general population to commit acts of terror. The cult called Islam is different. Those who refuse to believe it are part of the problem.

Who should the Europeans blame for masses of refugees from mostly Muslim countries at their borders?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.