April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Karl Graebner, dblgnfix, Dave Weber, KDGJ, Dan S. W., Argo44), 424 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,806
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RyanF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm thinking about buying this little esab. Has anyone used one of these? I think it's same as a Thermal arc 95s. I only want it for the tig. Got a big old millermatic 35 for heavy duty stuff..

http://www.esabna.com/us/en/products/ind...30011&tab=1

Last edited by RyanF; 03/15/17 12:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did esab buy out thermal arc ?
I heard good things about their sets, used 3 phase esab mig all day for years without a problem, if their newer, smaller sets are anything like as good I'm sure it'd be a good buy.
Can you use a pedal with the esab ?

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have friends that brag on Harbor Freight, great price

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thermal arc and Parweld share some products afaik, their small tig's are identical apart from the colour and decals. Be aware that most of the smaller machines are now made in china, nothing wrong with that if you get a good warranty period. This side of the Atlantic a lot are buying a brand called r-tech, which are chinese made but have a great no-quibble warranty, if it goes wrong they will replace the unit no problem. I think this brand is everlast in the USA.

Of course if you want the best then miller and lincoln, with fronius and the french made gys are probably the way to go.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of years ago EBay was offering a small TIG welder made by Rand. As I recall, it was about 90-100 amps and was priced very reasonably. I thought it would work well for tightening actions. Unfortunatly it disappeared and appears to be no longer available.

Other welders are available for around $200, but are larger. I wish I'd bought the Rand. Prices have come down quite a bit in the last two years, dropping by about $100. I'm still debating if I really need one.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
RyanF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't think you can use a pedal. At least not to start the arc. Might be able to coble something together to control the power with a pedal but, I dont plan to do delicate stuff.

I mainly want to avoid smoke and sparks.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.