May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (ithaca1, Thruxton), 875 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

did Grouse guy ever "come out" and admit his Greenpeace connection ?

Thankfully Trump has frozen all regulations and directives ,this like other federal directive's will be removed-lead of course is part of the environment,no harm was ever proven from hunting use, just more rants from evironanazi's who days of any impact are numbered-new sheriff in town for the next 4-8 years.

Build the damn wall,finish the pipeline and keep shooting lead (in those doubles).

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I speak solely from my experience. If some see it as a tactic, imputing some sort of ulterior motive, I declare a bias for prudence with respect for the game. Larry said the same thing. It's sensible and reasonable to me. The ban should not apply to everyone everywhere.

Experience, ulterior motives and bias? Doesn't that seem like an unseemly view of other opinions? I can actually understand what you say, though I wonder if the NS fishing community should be using lead weight on their lines and nets. Whew, did that come out of left field?

Serious questions. If game is due prudence and respect, why does that end at a private property line? Shouldn't sensible and reasonable apply to everyone everywhere?

craigd #470649 01/25/17 04:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Using snips of Larry's opinion, you questioned whether they represented a tactic: a skilful device calculated to gain some end/advantage.

Larry's contributions here make the forum an important port of call for me. Like all of us , he expressed an opinion. That's all there is, take or leave it. .

Where I live, prudence and respect doesn't end at property lines. You have as much right to trespass, picnic, explore flora and fauna, hunt on my property as I do, who pays the taxes.

That's why the Old Country immigrants came to these lands: freedom.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Using snips of Larry's opinion, you questioned whether they represented a tactic: a skilful device calculated to gain some end/advantage.

Larry's contributions here make the forum an important port of call for me. Like all of us , he expressed an opinion. That's all there is, take or leave it....

You seem to paint me in an unseemly way when it comes to Larry's contributions. If it seems like I snipped his opinion, sure I did to get to what seems like the point. I wouldn't mind at all quoting the entire comment, but it would seem unnecessary.

I believe you were in on the marathon notox shot thread, and in the end we're all left to either take it or leave it. What I took out of it, was that if someone 'seems' to be able to connect dots, then those dots may end up published, and referenced as truth. Does that seem fair? Never mind.

Okay, now you really gone and done it. I'm gonna come up there, feel like a subsistence hunter, and slaughter ducks in your backyard. And fair warning, the property line doesn't blur at the front door. I'm claiming rights to the couch, a corner of the frig, and time on the throne. Freedom!

craigd #470656 01/25/17 05:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
...nontox requirements....

....seem to make sense....

....Seems reasonable to me....

I understand it's an old dead horse that you're passionate about, but this seems like a tactic.

Indeed, the horse is LONG dead when it comes to shooting lead at waterfowl. Or, for that matter, anywhere waterfowl are likely to congregate. No use fighting a war that we lost long ago. Doves . . . you get the same conditions of heavily concentrated shot fall that you can get when hunting waterfowl . . . but seldom get when hunting other upland birds. That's the basic difference, and it's why we're still able to shoot lead at upland birds in most places. And why I will continue to advocate for lead shot for upland birds . . . unless someone can show me some science I've yet to see, indicating that widely scattered shot fall poses much danger to either upland birds or any other critters.

Last edited by L. Brown; 01/25/17 05:31 PM.
Owenjj3 #470658 01/25/17 05:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

We wound ducks that die later with steel more so then we did with lead. More so, I think, then ducks damaged by lead consumption. Most of our shot falls at a distance in to the deep portion of the water. The dabber ducks aren't going to ingest it. Divers possibly but the shot is very wide spread by that time. Also if there is so much shooting that the mud is contaminated. The ducks are going to avoid that area.

pooch #470659 01/25/17 06:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

from the NSSF
"This directive is irresponsible and driven not out of sound science but unchecked politics,” said Lawrence Keane, National Shooting Sports Foundation senior vice president and general counsel, in a statement. “This directive was published without dialogue with industry, sportsmen and conservationists. The next director should immediately rescind this, and instead create policy based upon scientific evidence of population impacts with regard to the use of traditional ammunition.”

In the past, the NSSF has argued the economic impact of California’s ban on the use of traditional lead ammunition in hunting could triple ammo prices and force hunters out of the sport in that state.

Under the Trump administration, the USFWS will likely fall under the portfolio of Montana Republican Congressman and retired Navy SEAL officer Ryan Zinke, who has been nominated to become the 52nd U.S. Secretary of the Interior. In his term in the U.S. House, Zinke was co-sponsor of several pro-gun and pro-hunting bills including a sportsmen’s package that protected lead ammo use.

lead ammo is far from done and we will have sanity back in the USFWS.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Dave K #470693 01/25/17 10:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe the following point has already been made in this discussion and I missed it. If so, I will repeat it anyway.

Some of us, perhaps many of us, would like to be able to continue to use our classic non-steel compatible doubles like my 12 and 20 gauge Browning Superposeds for upland hunting. Upland type non-steel non-toxic loads suitable for them, particularly the 20, are hard to find and quite expensive when available at all. Most readily available non-steel, non-tox loads are intended for waterfowl and contain relatively heavy loads of large diameter shot, often too hard for classic guns. Non-tox cost and lack of suitable light loads of relatively soft small diameter shot would make continued use of classic doubles for dove hunting especially problematic.

I could always retire my Superposeds and shoot only contemporary guns, but don't look forward to being forced to by politically based decisions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
Ever wonder why Jr. is so slow???

While growing-up, I spent many summers on a relative's New England dairy farm where venison from deer shot with lead loads, (legally because they were destroying crops and properly tagged by the local game warden after shooting), was eaten several times per week. It did not prevent me from earning a Ph.d. in aerospace engineering from Princeton. As for speed, at 74, I can still run somewhat over 7 minute miles with only minimal weekly training mileage, and expect to do much better after I retire from full-time employment and have time for more training.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Where I live, prudence and respect doesn't end at property lines. You have as much right to trespass, picnic, explore flora and fauna, hunt on my property as I do, who pays the taxes.

Well, you can darn sure keep that crap up there, far as I am concerned.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.