April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Birdog, old colonel, Jem Finch, 2 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L. Brown #470327 01/23/17 08:43 AM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
I've been hunting on FWS properties for decades with non-toxic ammo. Easy to do and it is a non-issue to me and many. Kinda like if you are anti-abortion don't have one. The rest of you can and should stay home.

If one is hunting upland birds and you're not around wetlands, nor around fields where doves congregate and there's a lot of shot fall, there's not much reason to use shells that are ballistically inferior to lead.

I expect the incoming director of the USF&WS will reverse the ban with a stroke of the pen. Certainly should do so.

Doves?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Owenjj3 #470338 01/23/17 09:49 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh yeah, Stan they have had it on their mind......
FWS and cohorts made a run in Texas some years back....

Several (7-9) years back there were lethality test conducted in conjunction with TxP&W officials (some of whom say that it was forced down their throats). If I recall correctly the project was headed by the Feds consultant , the well known Mr. Roster.

The test were conducted on some scattered fields in a County two counties South of my ranch.

I was contacted and asked if I wish to participate as a "gunner". I declined.....

Turned into a real " real cock up" as the Brits say......

TP&W State Game Wardens were not informed and descended on the shooters, Oh did I mention that the test were "quietly" conducted on the August weekend preceding the Opening day of the North Zone season.....

Outfitters with large investments in leases, adjoining landowners and local merchants (The Dove Opener is BIG Business in that County). soon had State Senators, House members and a Congressman on the phone wanting to know WTF....

That was about the end of it, nothing came of the study, and the sitting TXP&W Director has given several of us assurances that it won't happen on his watch....

We can only hope.....Won't be much of a market for Best 410's and even 28's if steel is mandated.....

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
I've been hunting on FWS properties for decades with non-toxic ammo. Easy to do and it is a non-issue to me and many. Kinda like if you are anti-abortion don't have one. The rest of you can and should stay home.

Nice sentiment, but ignores the issue of whether or not the increased cost and decreased lethality have any real science that statistically demonstrates a significant need for such a ban.

Yes we can use non tox and I have used non tox to access some less hunted land under that restriction in South Dakota, but it ignores the point. The directive is political and not good policy.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Don't treat this too casually. California has already banned all lead ammo for all hunting and depredation, statewide, for EVERYTHING. Ban is being phased in and is almost complete. Our legislature is comprised of idiots and we are all screwed. And I have not heard a peep from or about the NRA on this CA ban. Coming soon to a field near you.

This bolded sentence in your post has to be one of the dumbest statements ever made on this board Replacement.

Read the original post again... slowly this time so you can digest the words. Right there in the original post is a link to an NRA-ILA announcement notifying sportsmen and FUDD's that the Obama Administration has taken one last shot at them. Here's another link to NRA-ILA concerning the lead ammunition ban in California. You have to click on those blue link thingy's to read the content Replacement. Maybe ask one of your grandchildren to help you.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150828...ason-and-beyond

Then you can ask the grandkids to do that Google thing to search for the NRA's involvement in opposing lead ammo bans in California and elsewhere. The grandkids may find some juicy accusations from anti-lead zealots that the NRA pulled the http://www.huntfortruth.org/ website from the internet, but it's alive and well. Or you can go on denigrating the efforts of the NRA because they can't stop Liberals and FUDD's from electing agenda driven anti-gunners.

Of course, people like you would think it is reasonable to expect that 4.5 million NRA members can do ALL of the heavy lifting for 40-50 million U.S. gun owners. You can pitch in and help, or you can b*tch about incrementally losing your rights. We have people right here who support lead ammo bans, and criticize the NRA, and some folks actually feel that we should welcome them into our fold:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Lead is dead.

NRA has been at the forefront of efforts to prevent and reverse lead ammunition bans. They have been the most reliable source of notifying sportsmen and gun owners about the many efforts to use junk science to ban lead ammunition. They have been very involved in lobbying legislators and countering the kind of junk science Grouse Guy Ben Deeble uses to advance lead ammo bans. If Replacement had invested in an NRA membership, he might know this instead of denigrating the extremely effective lobbying organization that has done the most to protect our gun rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Owenjj3 #470420 01/23/17 06:27 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Never forget that Roster holds a patent on the wad technology for steel shot. He is a constant proponent of non-toxic shot and it does not surprise me that he would be a government "consultant".

Owenjj3 #470449 01/23/17 11:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, you continue to act the fool. I read the NRA puff piece last summer. Simply telling us that the state is banning lead and that we should be careful about what ammo we shoot in certain parts of the state is not the same as doing anything about the ban.

Re the CA lead ban, this is the most significant portion of the NRA links you posted:
Quote:
C. California Department of Fish & Wildlife / California Fish & Game Commission
Lead Ammunition – Despite gathering thousands of records from agencies involved in the condor recovery
program, and working with scientists to debunk faulty-science used to support the theory of condor poisoning
and death from the alleged ingestion of lead ammunition, radical environmental groups convinced the
California Legislature to ban all lead ammunition for hunting in California. NRA and CRPA are currently
exploring legal challenges to AB 711 and will continue to work with the Fish and Game Commission to
investigate the real source of lead in the environment that is causing elevated blood-lead levels in California
condors and other wildlife.
Although this issue often receives less attention in the firearms community, these lead ammunition efforts are
crucial to preserving Second Amendment rights through the availability of ammunition. NRA, CRPA and its
lawyers are constantly monitoring and responding to attacks on the use traditional ammunition.

This ban legislation has been around for a while now, and is almost fully implemented. The NRA's statement that they are "currently
exploring legal challenges" is old news and nothing seems to have come of it. What, if anything, have they actually done to fight the ban or to try to have it overturned? Everything else in the links relates to other fights, mostly local. Get your facts in order before you mouth off.

Owenjj3 #470450 01/23/17 11:35 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I doubt the NRA can do much in California other than court challenges given the overwhelming democrat legislature and minority gun owner voter base.

California is a sad story of a great stae gone bad.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Owenjj3 #470467 01/24/17 07:40 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement, you clearly said " And I have not heard a peep from or about the NRA on this CA ban."

Then you return here to tell us that you have indeed heard things from the NRA about this ban. You lied about the NRA not being involved, and then admitted that you were aware of their activities including notifying sportsmen about the ban from the time legislation was introduced, the risks of using lead ammo made illegal by the ban, and exploring legal options available to them to challenge these anti-lead ammo bans.

And you call me a fool??? Too bad Kalifornia shooters can't use your brain as bullets or shot. Much denser than lead, but apparently in very short supply.

Unfortunately, the Board of the NRA does not comprise the Kalifornia Legislature, and Wayne LaPierre is not Dictator, or even Governor of Kalifornia. The people and FUDD's who support and elect anti-gunners are your problem, not the NRA. Anti-lead ammo advocates like Ben Deeble and King Brown are your problem... not the NRA.

EPA Surrenders to NRA on Gun Control/Lead Ammo Ban Issue

Maybe if gun owners and sportsmen actually banded together and voted in a manner that expressed their extreme displeasure with these assaults on our rights, instead of rolling over like whipped puppies and thinking they'll never bother me and my old double shotguns, things would be different. Once again, expecting 1 in 10 gun owners who actually spend a lousy $25 or so a year on an NRA membership to do all the heavy lifting versus anti-gun billionaires like Michael Bloomberg and George Soros is unrealistic. In spite of that, the NRA does a remarkable job given the fact that so many gun owners are simply apathetic until something like your lead ammo ban happens. Then they cry like you.

Considering the not so brilliant defense of your idiotic initial observations concerning the NRA in this thread Replacement, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that you voted for some of the legislators who are screwing you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Owenjj3 #470490 01/24/17 11:51 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, did you even read the NRA piece? Telling us that there is a ban and that we are screwed is not the same as doing anything about it. We already knew that there was a ban.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Part of my daily activity is involved in changing how communities get things done. Results are satisfactory. Exactly 50 years of experience in social and resource development has taught us that joining, licking stamps, sending cheques, writing petitions, makes people feel better. Action comes from getting out of the house, being part of the action, exercising intergenerational strengths. Rights are protected by a well-balanced diet of information that better educated populaces have grown to expect, and know how to show their appreciation.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.