March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (playing hooky, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, LeFusil, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 306 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hansli
A day for quiet reflection upon a republic that is corrupt beyond repair... whatever your political leaning. I never thought it would rot this fast. The founding fathers would be dismayed indeed.

Lady Liberty is a beautiful old gal, but she is starting to show her age. When rot from within is continually allowed to fester, she may as well be wearing a Gilligan's hat and teva sandals.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
OP Offline

I'm sad to see so much defeatism and whining here about rot, etc.

We're still a country where individuals can - and do - make a difference. I don't know of a single public service outfit, community organization, or political party that isn't eager to welcome volunteers. If something is bothering you, there are plenty of opportunities to get off your duff, pitch in and do something about it. That's what they did back in 1776.

The only real problem with America nowadays is that we do too much bellyaching about "them" - "they" are us.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sorry you're sad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No defeatism here Jack, the revolution has started with the bang - the people have spoken - no amnesty for illegals.
Doesn't get any better than that!
The boys on the hill listened for once.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/04/07 11:57 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Star-Spangled Banner
—Francis Scott Key, 1814
O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when free-men shall stand
Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “In God is our trust!”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, it is nice to read the words to the Star Spangled Banner, unfortunately it seems that no one in school now really cares.
There is no prayer and half the time the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, most can't stay still long enough or do it right. Just look at television when a game comes on, and when they scan the stands, it sickening, most don't remove their hats or even stand.
On another note, I was sent an email from someone that had a picture of a school in Calif. where the Mexicans had taken our flag down, put theirs on top and then put OUR flag upside down. Probably half aren't even citizens. Carlos Mencia had it right, you want to be a citizen, serve in the Armed Forces first. Whether he meant it or not it sounds good to me.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. I celebrate on July 14th. Man, it's red, white, and blue day all the way!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not weep for the USA or Canada. We both will survive well enough. Conflict always brings out the doubters and the the fearful. We need them to watch our flanks. Level heads can prevail if they have support. Our response to the terrorists may not be the best but it is a response and it is making a difference. How many attacks have we had on our soil since we opened fire? Good men are dieing and I grieve for them and their families. They are doing a nasty job and deserve and need our support. The extreemists thought they could destabilize us. They have not succeded but they have divided us into the isolationists and the realists.
I say, may the realists win! I don't see that we are given a choise. David

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.