April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FallCreekFan, Lloyd3, fallschirmjaeger, KDGJ, Der Ami, Roundsworth), 378 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,810
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had the chokes opened on a shotgun with chrome lined barrels.
I did not like the finished look inside the barrels.

I have no complaint about the constrictions or performance of the chokes.

Just the micro finish after the chrome was machined out.

I don't know if Orlen polishes reamed barrels to mirror bright or not.

But I did not like the residual scratches in that set of barrels, and promptly sold it.
I should have specified a micro finish, and I didn't.
Live and learn.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
I had the chokes opened on a shotgun with chrome lined barrels.
I did not like the finished look inside the barrels.

I have no complaint about the constrictions or performance of the chokes.

Just the micro finish after the chrome was machined out.

I don't know if Orlen polishes reamed barrels to mirror bright or not.

But I did not like the residual scratches in that set of barrels, and promptly sold it.
I should have specified a micro finish, and I didn't.
Live and learn.

Did you pattern them after having them opened? I have had this done and, just looking at the results, they looked rough. But, in patterning and in shooting, they are fine, i.e., they pattern great and break birds reliably.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan- Normally you read pretty comprehensively.

"I have no complaint about the constriction or performance of the chokes."

I'll even add, I spec'd the patterns to a certain % with a certain load, which I provided. They reamed to pattern %, and then polished the barrels.

I just felt that for what I spent, I should not have had scratches within the barrels.

They provided excuses for why they didn't polish everything to as close to the original brightness as was possible.

The chrome finish is very thin. After it's cut out, the soft barrel material is very polishable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ, sorry that I overlooked some of your post, which I did. I wasn't really happy with the machining scratches that were left after mine were opened either. But, they shoot great. Sometimes, I think, results (actual results, not appearances) are more important than what we see when we look at the surfaces.

I'm not dissing you for selling the gun. I'm just more concerned with the results, as per patterns and results, than I am with the appearances of the finish. Again, no disparagement on your decision.

All my best, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/20/17 09:51 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I was just poking you. I know you just overlooked that sentence.

People don't do this, and it's part of my distaste for the barrel reaming of vintage doubles,
"But if you are going to do it, settle on a load, and ream to pattern".

It's expensive and time consuming, but it's also the reason you are doing it in the first place. And people forget that in their haste to ream.

keith #470002 01/21/17 12:27 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: old colonel
Restraint and reason are not paramount to your vitriol

That statement makes absolutely no sense old hypocrite. Maybe you ought to invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus. Or you could always join forces with Larry Clown, and your combined I.Q.'s might reach kindergarten level. You shouldn't attempt to use such big words when you don't have the intelligence to string them together properly.

I have no ability to look into your heart, and never made such a claim. I only look at what you post here, and note your selective derision and faux civility. You even claim that faux civility is an admirable trait when it is simply another term for dishonesty. I"d bet that you don't even consider that referring to me as "ridiculous" would fall under your own hypocritical and self-righteous disapproval of name calling. Keep digging.

Glad you liked my copy and paste anti-2nd Amendment King Brown quotations. I did it knowing that would get a rise (not "raise"... close, but no cigar!) out of you. Here's more of King's doublegun relevant subject matter. Enjoy.

Your idiotic notion that we should ignore King's frequent anti-gun rhetoric, simply because it didn't occur in this particular thread, makes about as much sense as excusing the past perverted behavior of a pedophile, simply because he isn't presently raping a child. But I'm wasting my time expecting you to comprehend that.

Let's look in context at the sentence that apparently was beyond your comprehension just as repeated requests for you to stop diverting threads with attacks not related to the actual subjects of the thread is beyond your ability to accept.

Originally Posted By: old colonel
You certainly don't hold anything back. Restraint and reason are not paramount to your vitriol

Restraint - "a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits." something you do not show

Reason - "the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic." again something you do not show as often as I think you believe you do

paramount - "more important than anything else; supreme"

Vitriol - "cruel and bitter criticism."
Your diverting posts

So to make this simple for you as the definitions and proper use escaped you: You do not make restraint or reason important in your off topic posts

Your idiotic notion that we should ignore King's frequent anti-gun rhetoric, simply because it didn't occur in this particular thread, makes about as much sense as excusing the past perverted behavior of a pedophile, simply because he isn't presently raping a child. But I'm wasting my time expecting you to comprehend that.

I have no problem with your attacking King's positions when he posts "anti-gun rhetoric," As you note my problem is with you posting attacks not in keeping with subject of the threads and I add statements made in the thread. As I have said before I have given up asking you to be civil. Your pedophile analogy may make since to you, but I see it as a foolishly false analogy. Your extreme sensitivity creates a fallacy that consists in assuming that because two things are alike in one or more respects, they are necessarily alike in some other respects.

You seem to believe pedophilia, a clearly defined crime which civilized society across the political spectrum agree, is the same as differing beliefs as to gun control. While most on this board are strong supporters of the NRA definition of the Second Amendment, I have yet to hear calls for the crimilization of free speech we find repugnant and thoroughly disagree with.

I comprehend that you have an extreme view. You possess a unreasonable and flawed justification to inserting your Gun Control attacks in unrelated threads.

I have stated my reasons for reproducing the anti-gun rhetoric of Trolls like King and Ed on numerous occasions, including within this thread. If you feel compelled to call me out for interrupting their attempts to be anti-gun Trojan Horses, have at it.

You use the term "Trolls" in referring to what I believe you see as their repeated irritating and wrong gun control beliefs in gun control threads. You then appear to posit that their participation in non-gun control threads are "Trojan Horse" activities that will give their gun control beliefs credibility.

The belief that the members of this board will be converted by pleasantries outside of gun control threads demonstrates you must have little faith in the members of this board having the good sense to know better. It shows you must believe that if we are civil and we get along with others on areas we have common interest that we could be converted away from their belief in the Second Amendment and what it means.

The rules of our board on open speech are clear and I support Dave Weber in his administration of this board. I support free speech. I support responsible speech. I do not believe the insertion of attacks and gun control subjects where that have not been raised is responsible. I will continue to call you out for your insertions and I doubt you will be converted to a more reasonable and responsible approach.

In the past ignoring you did not work for me as I am sick of your unrelated negative posting which at times I still saw referenced by others. One day I might ignore you and if you don't want to read my observations you could always ignore me.

Your actions of off-topic insertion are nonsense and Trolling.

Last edited by old colonel; 01/21/17 01:23 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
keith #470003 01/21/17 12:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

PS Keith forgot to say Bless You

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith and reason are like oil and water: They don't mix.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is just a thought, not in any way positive. However I highly suspect when one orders a choke opened "To Pattern" when that pattern is achieved the workman Stops, right there. Any further work might well change the pattern, even the simple act of polishing it up.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are correct Miller.
Unfortunately, I also view that response as the lazy man's reply to the matter.

I suspect all barrel reamers have that excuse close at hand, all the time.

It's not the scratches that determine pattern. Just customer satisfaction.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.