March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (DaveB, gunmaker, bushveld, Jimmy W, Roundsworth, Researcher), 765 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

On the same hunt Larry talked about I was using the Husqvarna hammer gun I shot at the Great Northern for the highest score I have ever shot there. I should have had an easy limit, but didn't take a bird. Boy were the dogs ticked off at me!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The wisdom Mr. Wood puts forth in the last sentence of his post above is worth Re-reading a couple of times....

Mr. Brown is spot on regarding the ease of use that a single trigger (and a properly shaped trigger guard) provide to Gloved hands in tough conditions regardless of the game sought.

I have the easy screw out "Gun Nut" escutcheons in the stock of a do all 12 bore O/U that travels with me a lot, and 3 different recoil pads of different thickness to meet most conditions, and I don't hesitate to make changes as conditions/clothes warrant.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there any problem that can't be solved with the purchase of a Model 37? smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Or your cheek well down on the stock, summer or winter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark II
On the same hunt Larry talked about I was using the Husqvarna hammer gun I shot at the Great Northern for the highest score I have ever shot there. I should have had an easy limit, but didn't take a bird. Boy were the dogs ticked off at me!

Mark, now you have the perfect excuse: misfit due to summer clothes vs winter clothes.

Are Duke and Rusty still refusing to speak to you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Or your cheek well down on the stock, summer or winter.

I suspect that is why they came up with slip-on recoil pads especially those fancy leather ones. One tries the gun with hunting coat on then just a shirt on with slip-on pad in place to make sure the gun still fits. No problemo, yes?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Is there any problem that can't be solved with the purchase of a Model 37? smile
There is nothing that early 6,5lb 12ga Ithaca 37 with Mod choke barrel can't handle when it come to small upland birds or running small game. The fancy vertical or horizontal doubles are only needed when Queenie or Dukie invites for a formal country shoot. That last scenario is like going to formal ball you become what you shoot and wear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

I'm with Barlett. Another reason for an assortment of guns.

Well I really have no excuse because one of the pieces in my pile is a nice Damascus barrel try gun so I ought to be able to adjust to suit (no pun intended):)
Jeremy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958

You're still either scattering empties around, or have to spend time looking for them. No worries with a double . . . unless you have ejectors and don't "trap" the empties.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Figures someone from Iowa would be skeptical and not be able to grasp the magic bestow upon its owner. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.