April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Vall, Jem Finch, 1 invisible), 1,011 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,120
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking at it closely its been upgraded rather poorly and those guys over there are brutal on this fool. I just hope he doesn't wonder over to this board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Looking at it closely its been upgraded rather poorly and those guys over there are brutal on this fool. I just hope he doesn't wonder over to this board.

I think the tone of their comments changed over time. At first they were quite gentle in explaining what he had. As he pushed his version of facts they became more direct. When he refused to accept anything that did not say what he wanted to hear they basically sent him over here to Walt.

The Lefever board gets Nitro posting from time to time and does a decent job of explaining they are Lefevers in name only. The design is completely different and not one that was ever associated with Uncle Dan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, and they were rather patient with him at first but then their patience wore a little thin when he kept up with his gibberish. Like I said I sure hope he stays over there with his factory 'High' grade Nitro Special.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's Beans. When I first saw it, I was pretty sure it was a Nitro Special. Eventually confirmed that--and he now knows it. I suggested that he contact Walt. He did, so stated on SSM. He's proud of it, and it is indeed a "one of a kind" gun--as is any that's been custom-engraved, had the stock carved, etc. He was looking for provenance and has run into a blank wall. Not at all a surprise.

As long as he's happy with it and isn't trying to sell it . . . As MarkII pointed out earlier, for quite some time Bass Pro was listing Nitros as real Lefevers, and pricing them accordingly. That, IMO, is a different situation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When he kept talking about this "Crossover" gun having an underpinned rotary bolt it was quite obvious he either knew absolutely not whereof he spoke or thought we were all dummies & knew nothing at all & was trying to pull a snow job. I asked for a picture of the rib extension on the Lefever board to which he never responded. He likewise refused to give the SN. I pointed out that Ithaca did not bring out the NS until 1921 & any Lefever Ams Co gun built/assembled at Ithaca in 19165 would be the old Sideplate design, not this Boxlock style. He never responded to this either. He did however badmouth us all on the other board & did in fact put a pic of the rid extension up there. Pure wedge bolt ala Nitro Special, nothing rotary about it. Obviously he was not seeking any info at all.
As stated everyone was courteous to him in the beginning, anything else he brought on himself.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

2-piper I've been on boards which would have ripped him a new axxhole from the start and gone up from there. Most shooting boards try to keep it civil as a rule. Otherwise it just degenerates into a dog fight every time and nothing new ever is learned or enjoyed.

I wonder if that gun was a project of one of the gunsmith trade school pupils learning different aspects of metal and wood working or a self trained home gunsmith. It would make sense for one of them to start with a low price platform. Or perhaps it was some guys pride and joy who decided to put a few hundred dollars into a gun worth fifty dollars at the time. Either way the level of work does not impress me that much. Makeup on a pig is still make up on a pig.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
We know what it is, but as far as I'm concerned I think I'd rather let him believe what he wants to. Everything does not require correction and often folks are happier being wrong...Geo

Geo, when I read this, I immediately thought that this sentiment must explain why you have tolerated Kingsley Brown's incessant bullshit here. I confess, I felt the same way until I got sick of his 2nd Amendment bashing and blind support for anti-gun politicians.

I read the threads on the other boards concerning this Nitro Lefever. I hesitate to call it an upgrade although the owner places it in the same level as the highest grade Lefever or L.C. Smith guns. Something is missing though. I think it would look better with an Ed Good torch coloring job. Since Walter Snyder hasn't replied to this thread yet, I'll conclude he is either consumed with envy, or busy... rolling on the floor and laughing his ass off.

It would not surprise me to see a thread right here in the near future by Jagermeister where he is contemplating buying this gussied-up Nitro Special. Well meaning folks here will warn him about it, but those who know Jagermeister will know that he is just kicking tires again, and that he doesn't even own any double guns.

The other thing that jumped out at me from reading those threads on the Lefever forum and the Shooting Sportsman forum is that Larry Brown has over 26,600 posts on the SS forum. Considering that he also has over 18,000 posts on the http://www.notssmbbs.com/ forum, over 10,000 posts on Upland Journal, and over 9000 posts here, one wonders when he has time to actually shoot anything except his keyboard. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he has tens of thousands of posts on other firearms forums and blogs. He also spends a LOT of time on those other boards defending the actions of Muslims, which comes as no surprise. Since Larry has me on IGNORE, I know none of this will hurt his sensitive feelings.

Newton N. Minow was the former FCC Chairman who famously said "Television is a vast wasteland." I wonder what his thoughts are on the internet.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

JESUS H. CHRIST, KEITH!

Why do you have to make everything so personal?

The constant, acrimonious, reiteration of these personal attacks reminds me of my ex-wife, WHICH I DO NOT NEED.

Please think about this.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're absolutely right Ken. I thought about it, and I should not have mentioned Newton N. Minow by name.

By the way, did you know that the S.S. Minnow on the "Gilligan's Island" show was sarcastically named after Mr. Minow after he made his famous testimony about the state of television before Congress? I'm not sure if he owned any doubles, or was a close personal friend of John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, or produced an award winning wine which was actually made by someone else though.

I'll bet Komrade Sralin would know the answer to that! Touche and a Happy New Year to you too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now Keith,

You know I respond to King's posts without dredging up everything I've ever said to him. (Or him to me) I use refutation and rebuttal, always relating directly to what he has said.

You generally repeat litanys you've created consisting of past afronts, which is not much different than the repetitive posts that got Misfire's closed. If you'll notice, I only use my "pet name" for King when he insults America.

Please "See the Light".

Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 01/05/17 11:38 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.