May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (azgreg, Themauserkid), 228 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,924
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
mc #467340 12/31/16 12:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mc
i believe the rose parade was originally started by a gun club

This event began as a promotional effort by Pasadena's distinguished Valley Hunt Club.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't remember all the details, but the NRA's opposition to Federal and/or NJ gun control measures led me to become a Life Member while I was a graduate student between 1964 and 68 and could barely afford it.

Last edited by vangulil; 12/31/16 04:38 PM.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pasadena Valley Hunt Club circa 1888. Obviously a social gathering with the ladies and everyone dressed up.
PSST: Wanna bet the State of California doesn't broadcast the parade origins to any extent! grin
Jim

Last edited by James M; 12/31/16 06:35 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Keith,
What part of my post wasn't factual? Don't you think if I was attempting to spout antigun bs that this forum wouldn't be a place to attempt it? Anybody who doesn't post regularly and who doesn't necessarily agree with everything you say verbatim, you attack as an antigun troll. Inanimate objects indeed need human guidance, but why aren't RPG's , pipe bombs, fully automatic weapons, or dirty nukes legal to own? There's always been a line. Where that line is drawn is where we may disagree, but we ain't much off, and not enough to attack a complete stranger, friend.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ajjar
....attempting to spout antigun bs that this forum wouldn't be a place to attempt it....

....Where that line is drawn is where we may disagree, but we ain't much off, and not enough to attack a complete stranger, friend.

I dunno. Sometimes 'friends' feel it's the best way to move the needle, a little bit at a time, into the big tent. Who knows, there might be some kudos coming about civility and decorum. Pipe bombs, as in doubles?

Sidelock
Sidelock

ajjar,
Thank you for your postings
I have read all your postings and find them unique.

Do you shoot?
Do you live close by to Amarillo where we may shoot together?
What is your favorite personal firearm?

Happy New Year

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

James...shut off your water, sewer and electrical supply let's all go back to 1888. Sorry...I knew you wouldn't.

Keith...4.5 mil out of 350...says it all.

Ajjar....discussing anything with people that have a clinical phycosis is futile. They twist all that is REAL to rationalize their own agenda and ideology. Tell them the sky is blue and they will argue that in fact you are trying to fool them that it really isn't.

It's a shame, such a waste of brain matter. Oh...Keith believes we should all be able to own nukes, because the government does...because you know...he needs to defend himself from the tyranny of a government that one day may come to pick him and his brethren up for incarceration or slavery.

It is a great site to get info on sxs's nonetheless.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
dal #467388 01/01/17 02:16 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dirty nukes dal, it's dirty nukes. But hey, you prefer regular nukes. We're closer together than we are apart. 447 dal. The number of voting members in the dnc, says it all eh? Happy New Year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith is spot on saying: "Intelligent people do not blame inanimate objects for crimes, and intelligent people understand that anti-gunners dislike all guns."

I will use that quote from now on.

The line drawn is simple to figure, the aim of the 2nd amendment was that the people should have the same kind of arms that are likely to be used against them by the government.

For the opposite view seek a tv statement by british PM Blair about how only state operatives shoud have guns. That is a monopolist view and raises questions about declarations that western nations share a common view about freedom etc.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks from making my point. Only someone with a phycosis would extrapolate that not letting the average citizen have free and unfettered access to nukes, tanks, F22's, drowns, and nerve gas means that they should not have the ability to own ANY arms to defend themselves against an oppressor....right?

Only someone that is psychotic could or would make that connection as the basis of an argument.

Oh...just read about what bill Blair said....sorry I forgot he is the supreme leader of the free world and that what ever you may quote from his speakings is absolute and reflects all what the free world is also thinking. Praise the almighty Blair. I apologies for not realizing that in your reality he speaks on behalf of the free world. Any other singular cherry picked quotes that make your argument?

Last edited by dal; 01/01/17 12:08 PM.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.