April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (NCTarheel, Ian Forrester, ClapperZapper), 743 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,240
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#467275 12/30/16 07:49 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Outstanding
How far we have fallen
Mike

Boxlock
Boxlock

The NRA formed its Legislative Affairs Division to update members with facts and analysis of upcoming bills, after the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) became the first federal gun-control law passed in the U.S. Karl Frederick, NRA President in 1934, during congressional NFA hearings testified "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses." The NRA supported the NFA along with the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), which together created a system to federally license gun dealers and established restrictions on particular categories and classes of firearms.

Saner times, indeed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ajjar, times change.

Thankfully the 2cd amendment doesn't.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

ajjar is once again here to disseminate B.S. pertaining to gun control and the NRA. Many anti-gunners and anti-gun organizations use the exact same propaganda as he did above. But it is inaccurate, to put it mildly.

The NRA was not originally the 2nd Amendment Civil Rights organization that it is today. Its' original mission was the promotion of Civilian marksmanship, and it was never intimately involved with Gun Control Legislation until the late 1960's. Anti-gunners like to cherry-pick a few quotes from a very small minority of the NRA leadership in the 1930's or the 1960's to make the dishonest case that the NRA actually supported the NFA of 1934 or the GCA of 1968. In reality, the NRA mostly simply did not mount fierce opposition to those acts because that wasn't their mission back then. However, by 1965, a large percentage of the membership was demanding a more active role in opposition to further infringements upon gun rights of law abiding citizens. This was clearly evident in the large increases in NRA membership during the 1960's, going from 700,00 members in 1965 to 1,000,000 in 1968. The turning point came in 1977 during the Cincinnati Reforms led by Harlon Carter and Neal Knox. That surge of concerned citizens has risen to over 4.5 million members today, and those numbers jump during imminent threats such as what Obama and Biden attempted to ram through in 2013. And despite the claims of the anti-gunners and Fudd's like ajjar, very very few of us wish to give an inch, but rather want existing laws enforced. Intelligent people do not blame inanimate objects for crimes, and intelligent people understand that anti-gunners dislike all guns.

It is obvious that ajjar is here to advance gun control with 3 out his 13 posts here aimed in that direction. Anti-gun Trolls and Fudds are found on every firearms internet forum. The best way to counter them is with the truth. Here's a good article that shows that "Any hope of compromise between advocates of stricter gun control and the NRA ended after 1965."

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/gca68-nra4.htm

Saner times may come when dishonest anti-gunners quit trying to B.S. us. But the recent emergence of ajjar shows us that the threat never stops and we can never let our guard down.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith is 100% Correct.
In 1968 I was 30 years old & A member of the NRA. Their actions ""OPPOSING"" the 1968 Gun Control Act led me to cough up the funds to become a Life Member. It was shortly after this they became a Registered Lobbyist having realized that not being so had severely hampered their ability to oppose the recently passed legislation.
Back in 1934 their primary opposition had been to alert members to upcoming legislation, not to actively Fight it. They Absolutely did not Support either the NFA or the GCA.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was at LSU in the 1960's, I remember reading a book in the library titled "Politics, Parties, and Pressure Groups" by V.O. Key, fourth edition, 1964. Much to my amazement, the NRA was nowhere to be mentioned.

This was before the NRA had to deal with 1968 Victim Disarmament Act and the plethora of such illegal acts and edicts to follow.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The sole piece of legislation the NRA supported to the best of my knowledge was the Firearms Owners Protection act of 1987. Stupidly the NRA did not object to Reagan signing this act after Charlie Rangel tacked on a civilian machine gun ban at the last minute and Congress then proceeded to illegally attach it to the bill. That's the primary reason a registered Thompson submachine gun costs in the neighborhood of $30K today.
This act according to the antis was the last piece of legislation required in order to "control" firearms. Of course this was typical Libtard B.S. and they were after additional regulations before Reagan's signature was even dry. One of H Clinton's campaign assistants admitted(she thought privately) that Clinton's goal was firearms confiscation and she would proceed with it upon election.

I'll state this again:
The reason the Libtards want universal registration so badly is it's a very necessary step in order to proceed to their ultimate goal of firearms confiscation. We can never let up or stop being vigilant.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 12/31/16 09:55 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am so pleased that some remember their history. Keith has it 100% Carter and the members of the NRA who brought about the Cincinnati Reforms deserve out thanks. They were wise enough to see the writing on the wall after 1968 and the membership supported them. Without the NRA's pro-gun rights shift there would not be a 2'nd Amendment today. This is when I joined and a few years later became a Life Member. Revisionist History is a plague and must be countered at every turn!

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i believe the rose parade was originally started by a gun club

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.