April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (liverwort, Der Ami, ClapperZapper, Lloyd3, buckstix, Hugh Lomas), 479 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,067
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a very positive experience ordering a 20ga. Estate Directly from Dickinson in LA. You can specify virtually everything from muzzle to butt at no additional cost. I went for the cheap $300 wood upgrade, and was very impressed with what I got. I ordered it with choke tubes, 30" barrels, schnable for end, double triggers,ejectors, stock to my length and checkered butt plate. You have choices in all of these specifications.

They said it would take about four months to get, but I received it in two. I don't know of another gun that you can custom order for $2K. The gun has the look of a much more expensive gun.

HWK
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Sidelock: My Dickinson is winging its way to Pennsylvania as we speak. For the money, I'm not sure anything comes close at the moment for value in a modern SXS. I shot it off and on all fall and have no complaints. However, my 28 is based on the .410 frame. The bigger-framed guns seem a bit heavy for my tastes.

The world's smallest pet&shoot hen pheasant:

Canvasback: Please send a few of those nice lake-run steelheads down to the southern shores of Lake Erie for me for next week. Good fishing weather would be nice as well, otherwise I'll be stuck in a small house full of pre-teens (the drama is endless). Whitetail deer w/a .50 caliber smokepole, snowshoe hares, and more Bonasa Umbellis w/my 28 Dickinson are on my dance list as well. Ted: this was the last day of Grousmass 2016.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/23/16 02:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lloyd, I'll do what I can. Lol

Boxing Day is looking rainy and quite warm but a heads up.....its been an extremely windy Dec here on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Take care if you are venturing out on the big lake in a boat.

Sounds like the pre-teens are girls. Mine is a boy and life remains quite simple! Haha!

Edit to add: forgot to mention.....all the big lakes are especially warm this year. So, if the weather is cool, expect lots of lake effects snow.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/23/16 07:13 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: HWK

I had a very positive experience ordering a 20ga. Estate Directly from Dickinson in LA. You can specify virtually everything from muzzle to butt at no additional cost. I went for the cheap $300 wood upgrade, and was very impressed with what I got. I ordered it with choke tubes, 30" barrels, schnable for end, double triggers,ejectors, stock to my length and checkered butt plate. You have choices in all of these specifications.

They said it would take about four months to get, but I received it in two. I don't know of another gun that you can custom order for $2K. The gun has the look of a much more expensive gun.

Any chance of posting a picture of the upgraded wood ?

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Sidelock: My Dickinson is winging its way to Pennsylvania as we speak. For the money, I'm not sure anything comes close at the moment for value in a modern SXS. I shot it off and on all fall and have no complaints. However, my 28 is based on the .410 frame. The bigger-framed guns seem a bit heavy for my tastes.

The world's smallest pet&shoot hen pheasant:

Canvasback: Please send a few of those nice lake-run steelheads down to the southern shores of Lake Erie for me for next week. Good fishing weather would be nice as well, otherwise I'll be stuck in a small house full of pre-teens (the drama is endless). Whitetail deer w/a .50 caliber smokepole, snowshoe hares, and more Bonasa Umbellis w/my 28 Dickinson are on my dance list as well. Ted: this was the last day of Grousmass 2016.

Are the two barrel combo sets, 28/410ga. and 20/28ga. build on the smaller gauge frame of the two or do you have to order them that way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

These look like 20ga Turkish-made S&Ws that LGS closed out few years ago at about $1100 per gun. That represented excellent value for the money spent. These must have been put together at same state of the art factory as them S&W imports. I can see why Turks have replaced Northern Spaniards as makers of very good entry level game guns. It looks like they arrived by being able to mass-produce high quality double guns.

I would bet the same company makes the new "Webley 700 series" once sold on the English market. I don't know they may still be sold there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
These look like 20ga Turkish-made S&Ws that LGS closed out few years ago at about $1100 per gun. That represented excellent value for the money spent.

How would you know Jagermeister? You do not even own any double shotguns. Can you tell how good a car is just by looking at it and kicking the tires? Now, if you were giving advice on toy stuffed animals, I'd be inclined to take notice of what you had to say since you showed us your impressive collection of Beanie Babies. But I can't understand what motivates you to pretend to know something about guns that, at best, you may have drooled over in your local gun shop.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: sidelock 16

Are the two barrel combo sets, 28/410ga. and 20/28ga. build on the smaller gauge frame of the two or do you have to order them that way.

The 28/.410 sets are built on a very diminutive frame, some have said they're built on a 28-ga. frame, but I'll say they're built on a .410 frame. The 20/28-ga. sets are built on a 20-ga. frame.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
These look like 20ga Turkish-made S&Ws that LGS closed out few years ago at about $1100 per gun. That represented excellent value for the money spent.

How would you know Jagermeister? You do not even own any double shotguns. Can you tell how good a car is just by looking at it and kicking the tires? Now, if you were giving advice on toy stuffed animals, I'd be inclined to take notice of what you had to say since you showed us your impressive collection of Beanie Babies. But I can't understand what motivates you to pretend to know something about guns that, at best, you may have drooled over in your local gun shop.

They also make excellent wool rugs, pomegranate juice, fig preserves and leather goods. Happy holidays and successful new year to you and your family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pleased with my 12 gauge Dickinson...

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.