Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

I miss Miss-fires.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, In reviewing some of our posts, I came across my request for advice about lubricating an MMC checkering tool. You responded to say that you knew what lubricant was needed but that you wouldn't share that information with someone like me. Later you posted a question about who sharpened the cutters for that tool. I posted the name and address of the company. PS: For anyone needing the lubrication data, the answer is none needed. Perhaps Keith knew that. Perhaps he was merely lying.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....I came across my request for advice about lubricating an MMC checkering tool. You responded to say that you knew what lubricant was needed but that you wouldn't share that information with someone like me. Later you posted a question about who sharpened the cutters for that tool. I posted the name and address of the company....

How come you can ease back from the rhetoric, but Trump can't? I'm thinking never mind, I know why, but I hope I'm wrong. By the way, thank you for answering the questions and sharing, that's what it might be all about here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, In reviewing some of our posts, I came across my request for advice about lubricating an MMC checkering tool. You responded to say that you knew what lubricant was needed but that you wouldn't share that information with someone like me. Later you posted a question about who sharpened the cutters for that tool. I posted the name and address of the company. PS: For anyone needing the lubrication data, the answer is none needed. Perhaps Keith knew that. Perhaps he was merely lying.

No Bill, I was not lying. The tiny gearbox was originally lubricated with a special grease intended for high speed dental tools, and the now deceased owner of MMC, Jon Doiron offered a repair service to replace that grease if the handpiece began running hot. Like any grease, it dried out and deteriorated over time. I still have a letter from him on his letterhead to prove it... if you'd like to make a very substantial wager. We could let Dave Weber judge its' authenticity. It took me quite a bit of time to find a suitable replacement lubricant, and it was rather expensive stuff. I still have no desire to share that information with anyone who stabs us in the back by supporting anti-gunners. Of course, most dental drills now run at much higher rpm than the 17,000 max rpm of an MMC tool, and they use a synthetic oil instead of a grease. If you are stupid enough to run those tiny precision gears and bearings under load at up to 17,000 input rpm from a Foredom CC without any lubrication, go right ahead. You're obviously dumber than I thought.

By the way, accusing me of stooping to your level was a very lame and low class way to back away from your latest lie about the Republican Party not doing anything to help the little guy since Lincoln. You are more pathetic than ever.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

lincoln never helped the little guy...he was nothing more than a stooge for rich yankee robber barons...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
To all the Trump enthusiasts on the board I say enjoy the ride while it lasts. I certainly don't wish the country ill, but I predict the ride will be short, and sad before it ends.

Bill you need to get yer head out of Hillary Clinton's azz and clean the crap out of yer eyes bud....

Amen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to confess that deep down I am a Liberal. Going to Canada helps me to overcome my liberal leanings and come to grips with reality. Anything that is outside normal procedures "can't be done". In Canada, thinking outside the box is just not done. I've had some of the strangest experiences in my life listening to excuses as to why something can't be done. I have gotten what I wanted done only after delays and bringing pressure to bear. They are experts however on what is wrong with the USA and quite willing to tell me about it. In my experience I have found they seldom know what they are talking about. Life seems to be viewed through a flawed prism. They are, by and large nice folks and make great beer, but often I think them bit slow. I have learned to and recommend that, one ignores their anti US rants enjoy their company and not be surprised when the simplest task can become a moon shot if it is not a standard procedure.

Last edited by pooch; 12/14/16 11:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting insight. It begs the next question: "Can anyone think of and name the Canadian equivalent of Donald Trump?".

It's certainly not Twerpdeau.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/15/16 01:12 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Closes I can figure would be a Mountie in the Yukon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I never thought of Canadians not being as smart as Americans, pooch, and almost forgot that your notions of providential exceptionalism introduced the term Ugly American to the world 50 years ago, now raising its head again.

Canada is certainly different from US in its polities and civil order with surpassing educational standards that insulates us from the US loss of faith in its governance and institutions, divided more now than in modern history.

A case could be made for Canadian exceptionalism because there is no place like Canada anywhere on earth right now, after watching the US rise to national supremacy and decline suddenly, wallowing in debt from instant gratification.

It's true we struggle to meet our ideals but we fight against xenophobia and are the last country on earth that believes in multiculturalism as a way of life, and that trade is good rather than an instrument of impoverishment.

To stay on thread of a "failed" presidency, some members may have overlooked that Obama honoured America's vote to get its military out of the Middle East and leave the warring parties to die for their religions. No more "war president."

Members may now also project the Iranian deal for what it was, a rebalancing of regional power. Trump will take it farther with oil secretary appointment, coziness with Russia, rising Iran, all fighting ISIS, opening the oil corridor.

My guess Trump will announce it January with huge infrastructure spending, approved easily, letting others do the dying, or US minimally. Commercial interests will do nicely but region's people will go on miserably as usual.

Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.