May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (dearmer, bushveld, KY Jon, Ken Nelson, 2 invisible), 1,130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,510
Posts545,655
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Easy there, King. Jim took the time out of his busy day selling Hatchimals on eBay for 10x their normal price to make that post

Lonesome knows more stuff than I do. Had to look up "hatchimals". I figured it might be something gun related Jim was selling. Nope, and not quite up to "Fantods" IMHO...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....now we'll have to see if this (same-old) can be reversed, please?

It surprises you appeared to believe change comes quickly; looking back at least 50 years change has been incremental.

The US and EU have been changing the last two or three decades....

In case you may have forgotten, during the current prez' first two years he had the benefit of a progressive dem congress. You may recall, those were the days that you used to sing the praises of the will of the people. Well, then and when exec orders flowed like hope in a soup line.

When the current prez not only plunged the nation into despair, but lost his own party's majority in congress, on a dime you turned to the new talking point of the mythical 'do nothing' congress. History shows us that hope-n-change may or may not happen very quickly.

It's highly insensitive to refer to the Bush years, previously known as the last eight years, as the now last 20 to fifty years. Thanks to the do nothing congress, the only work to do is on ocare and filling the courts, the rest is waiving good by to the hundreds of thousands of pages of selfishness. Golf before work doesn't leave much of a legacy, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple questions for Ken61: Can you please explain what makes Obama a Marxist- Leninist? I can see reasons someone might disagree with him or examples where he has fallen short of fixing all our problems, but a Communist??? Forced millions out of work??? Please support these claims with some data. Thanks.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a dream...golf instead of work...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
A couple questions for Ken61: Can you please explain what makes Obama a Marxist- Leninist? I can see reasons someone might disagree with him or examples where he has fallen short of fixing all our problems, but a Communist??? Forced millions out of work??? Please support these claims with some data. Thanks.

Who are you to question anyone Liar Bill? Do you think we have forgotten the lies you posted here several days ago about the Republican party? You never answered those questions I posed about which Party did more for passing the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, or the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote. Instead you acted like the dishonest coward you are and tried to accuse me of lying about correct lubrication for an MMC checkering tool. What a sorry dickhead you are. And tell us Liar Bill, has the incompetent retired public school English teacher learned to spell "skeptics" yet?

Thanks, Ken. I think I do understand how many,many people have been ignored, shut out, abandoned, and made obsolete by the forces that operate the world. I also think it's a failure on the part of both parties though I'm inclined to give more blame to the Democrats. They used to represent the underdog. The Republicans haven't done so since Lincoln. If Trump could make an effort now to heal the Great Divide, he could win some support from his sceptics.

It's funny how a thread that tells the truth about Obama bring out all of the Fudds and Libtards.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This pretty much describes it. Just in case to missed the High School (pre-Department of Education) classes on Communism. If you did, I'd be happy to recommend one or two thousand or so books.

http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm

What do you think is the ideological basis for the leadership of the Democrat party? None of them is smart enough to come up with all their crap by themselves.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/18/16 02:54 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I said from the beginning here that politics is a punk's game, remember? I wouldn't discourage those who wanted to try it nor denigrate their idealism but I learned from a lifetime in public affairs that with few exceptions one side was not significantly different from the other: elites disparaging or disdaining those who work with their hands, wealth and privilege always pulling the strings, and identity politics this time right out of the blocks : "I'm rich, look at me. "I'm very rich."

I made no reference to Bush's eight within context of incremental change over the last 50 years. It's all of a piece; one party not different from the other in trying to shore up your empire with globalization and foreign adventures that bludgeoned your finest, left rust belts, jobs shipped off to Asia, no middle class progress for 40 years, elites at top licking all the cream. There's nothing mythical about dysfunctional Congress nor Putin interference as trivial, as you claimed earlier.

The president didn't plunge the nation into despair. What did it was a continuum of unrepresentative governance looking almost solely after itself and publics pulling their hair said a pox on them all, off with their heads, let's start all over again. My faith hasn't changed in the least about "will of the people." A majority of Americans apparently saw Trump as a grease ball and voted against him. If that isn't will of the people, what is?

Your take on executive orders is interesting to say the least. In a democratic society the function of political leadership is to do what the people want, and the test of performance is winning at election time. Americans gave Obama a strong mandate twice to proceed with his promises and Republicans said no way, hence the pen. Trump will use it, too, when opposed by Democrats and his own party, as it is doing now. (OK, it's not really the GOP!)

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Forced millions out of work??? Please support these claims with some data. Thanks.

I'm not sure why you chose this particular point, but hasn't it been beaten into the ground?

Have you ever taken a look at what the gov, obama's, says is the labor participation rate? From '08, it looks like a 30* downhill grade. That represents the results of an ideology, and are millions of real citizens, forced off of the stats charts for the current prez to spin a happy face on misery that he has willfully created. Millions have been forced on to subsidized ocare and food stamps, see what that means in a collective sort of way?

I don't think you have been willing to discuss 'reasons someone might disagree with him', his governing policy. Can you provide data that Ken's list of 45 points is wrong? Or, because this admin has been so secretive about domestic social policy, does his actions and words easily conform to that list of 45 points?

The polls have been proven wrong quite a bit recently, but there is some conclusion that about 2/3's of the country has some dissatisfaction with their circumstances. You're lucky to be in that minority one third.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Americans never had to look overseas for their ideas, Ken. It had its Birchers and McCarthys spewing their poisons but Americans knew before they got to grade school the Golden Rule and 10 Commandments. Communism was never part of their morality and ethos. The big issues of citizenship and responsibility to others is innate and strong outside of public debate, bubbling up all over the world since Trump ascension. The Golden Rule and Christ's injunction to love are antithetical to what the man says, even with contradictory outbursts every day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

08 on is ideology driven, craig? He inherited a couple losing wars, remember? You know of the Great Recession and who caused it. Secretive of social policy? No country had it more in its face than during Obama's term. Part of Mitt's loss was the 48 per cent leeches and the breast-beating here of I made it and I'm keeping it, to hell with those slagged by offshore and globalization (which arrived before anyone was ready for it except the one per centers).

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.