May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (KY Jon, jake van dyke, playing hooky, ClapperZapper, 2 invisible), 954 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,653
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't get Hillary. She needs to shut up and get below the radar. If she keeps throwing rocks at people she is going to end up in jail.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think she's creeping back on the radar because of perceived strength in numbers. The fellow that's leading the various vast right wing conspiracy theories probably has her get out of jail free card signed and waiting on his desk.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Obama wants a legacy badly and considering he threw the grand mother that raised him under the bus. I can't see him jeopardizing his legacy for Hillary unless she really something on him.

Boxlock
Boxlock

There's huge leap from "regretting not being able to pass ANY strengthened gun control measure ", which is what I think he said, and regretting not gutting the second amendment. Right wing hysteria that lingers every time another mass murder with guns occurs has definitely played directly into the hands of the firearm industry, and they've taken it to the bank at everybody's expense. There has always been "a line" between what is legal for the private citizen to possess and what is not. Years after Reagan was shot and multiple mass murders occurred with military style assault weapons, the country moved that line with the Asault Weapons Ban, endorsed by Former Presidents Carter, Ford, and Reagan, and 77 % of Americans, in 1994. When the bill sunsetted in 2004, the firearms industry has made every effort to blur any possibility of redrawing that line by producing assault weapons in multiple standard hunting calibers and "hunting" platforms. Ask any law enforcement officer anywhere whether he'd like the general public to possess assault weapons? We can't legally have grenades,RPG's yada, yada, yada , do we really need a military style assault weapon to protect our families, or shoot a coyote killing our chickens? I understand there's no way to put the rabbit back in the hat, count my handful of old doubles and rifles as family heirlooms, and cherish the privilege of carrying them afield on public lands, and have for over 40 years, but this country has gone a little nuts over all this, in my opinion. Good hunting, and hope you all have a great holiday season!

Last edited by ajjar; 12/17/16 04:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey ajjar, could you please tell us what is responsible for the deaths of more Americans... blunt instruments, hands and fists, or so-called assault style rifles?

Thanks for attempt to propagate false statistics on the number of Americans who want those semi-automatic rifles banned. The 77% obviously wasn't true then, and the 90% figure that was bandied about during this past election cycle isn't true now. If it was, anti-gun politicians would be winning big, and running on their actual beliefs instead of always attempting to persuade voters that they are pro-2nd Amendment and only want some "sensible" or "common sense" restrictions on criminals. Strangely, however, those "sensible restrictions" always seem to burden and infringe upon the rights of law abiding citizens more than they hurt the criminals. The windfall the firearms industry experienced was not due to any deceptive marketing on their part. The public demanded their product because they saw the actual threats that were being put forth by anti-gunners like the Clinton's and Barack Hussein Obama. While you are digging for more false statistics and data, maybe you should take a gander at the Haynes vs. the U.S. Supreme Court ruling which held that convicted criminals are not required to incriminate themselves by complying with any sort of gun registration or legal transfer scheme that would flag them as being in violation of federal and state laws.

Take your bullshit somewhere else. It ain't going to fly here. But you do sound a lot like King Brown posting under a pseudonym... Did you happen to have a very abbreviated career as a field reporter for the CBC, and a false sense of your importance and influence?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ajjar
....yada, yada , do we really need a military style assault weapon....

I would think it depends on the definition of assault. Does a gun have an appearance that a person doesn't care for, or does it compel someone to storm a building. Another thought to keep in mind is the next fellow might have a different idea of what an heirloom is and not be too worried about coyote hunting. The law can be black and white, and fine lines don't have to be created unless someone feels a need to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

By it's true definition an "Assault Rifle" is a fully automatic weapon, already a weapon with restricted ownership. Other fallacies are the large capacity magazine issue, (I assure you, smaller mags can be changed very quickly) and the mythological "Gunshow Loophole". At least these are issues we shouldn't have to worry about for quite a while, possibly generations.

We may now even start to address the societal issues that actually cause gun violence.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/17/16 05:03 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey Guys:
Why waste your time on a Libtard troll who is just here to try and cause trouble. I have already put him on my ignore list.
BTW Dave W. All I want for Christmas is all the Libtard trolls banned from this forum! If others feel this way please chime in.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not the Christmas spirit, Jim!

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

'All I want for Christmas is all the Libtard trolls banned from this forum!'

Glad to see you have an open mind James. Maybe you should have everybody that doesn't subscribe to your ideology thrown in jail?

Oh wait.....that's been done before.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.