April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (cable, LeFusil, canvasback), 244 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,041
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
I hope a lot of previous posters who had their photos deleted will put them back up so we can drool over them.

No kidding, these guns are beautiful, and so glad they are still being used for what they were made for!!

TM

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a "fix" for Chrome and Firefox browsers that will revive photobucket photos held ransom on this forum and others. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Photobucket hotlink fix. I just installed it for Firefox.

The pictures are back. Thanks!

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Stan that 2 bore punt gun, on the Hammergun web site would look nice in your hands. You could hear the roar. Almost no chance one shot would get you into any real trouble. Heck I'd give you a hand if you wanted.

Too much sugar for a dime, Jon. I might get to liking it, and find myself visiting the house of many doors.

I do wish someone would buy that Page Wood gun on page four. After I pay all my bills and taxes this year I'd be tempted to take a shot at it. Bet it swings well and 3/4 chokes work well for a lot of my hunting. If it were 2" longer it'd peak your interest as well I suspect. 32" hammer guns I suspect are going to be as rare as red John Deere tractors. They are out there but few more on the ground.

There are certainly many more 30" hammer guns out there than 32s. Most of the 30s aren't pigeon guns tho', even though the advertisement may call them that. A 6 1/2 - 7 lb. gun does not a pigeon gun make. Most were 8 lbs. and up. I'll find one eventually. I'm determined to stay the course.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wrongly posted, sorry.

Last edited by Tamid; 11/14/17 11:58 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

From a first-ever snow goose hunt last year:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bushmaster
Originally Posted By: damascus
though over the last ten years killing started to be not what I wanted to do like a number of my shooting friends, some how this way of thinking does seem come with age. So I use it as often as I can though now only for clay shooting with felt wad 1oz

I see the attraction of hunting, especially with good dogs, friends, family, an unspoiled landscape and an old gun. However, for me, the killing part makes it a no go.

To each his own

I sometimes feel that way. I was duck hunting last weekend and let a few go, for no particular reason. One was quacking at me on the water in my decoys so I just sat there and enjoyed watching her. I just enjoy being out there, and am very thankful to live in a country that provides so much opportunity to do that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I generally believe that a couple of birds in the game bag is a perfect day hunting, but once in a while I think it would be fun to have catch and release hunting, like catch and release trout fishing. The closest thing to it that I know of is ruffed grouse hunting. I call it flush and release hunting. Most of the time I don't even see the grouse, who hides his thundering departure behind the cover between us. On the one out of eight flushes or so that I see the grouse, I often shoot and miss. Now that's flush and release hunting! It makes the occasional grouse in the bag extra special, even without the further challenge of using a hammer gun. So it went with the grouse which my son and I chased last month in New Hampshire.

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

The latest in my aquistion of Hammer doubles. I do hope farmer grade guns count. Here is a Hopkins & Allen with a sidelock in a boxlock frame.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John E
The latest in my aquistion of Hammer doubles. I do hope farmer grade guns count. Here is a Hopkins & Allen with a sidelock in a boxlock frame.

John

The only issue I have with your "farmer grade" gun is that you failed to tell us about the tractor upon which it rests. I learned to drive at age 6 on my grandfather's Minneapolis Moline Model Z with a hand clutch. The first shotgun I ever shot was his "Allen Hardware Co" single shot 12 gauge. Farmer grade suits me.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.