Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

LR, it was the corporate ownership by Rogers of TSN that was the entity that tried to can Ron McLean, after CBC lost the rights for hockey to Rogers/TSN.

Rogers/TSN have made a mess of it by dumping McLean and hiring hipster dude George "Strombo" Stroumboulopoulos, a former VJ and all around CBC golden boy idiot to lead the broadcast. Disaster on par with New Coke.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Racist anti jew like the Kennedy's ,Joe and yes Bobby and Teddy too !

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidenti...d-antisemitism/

The Democrats stamp their little feet and huff and puff that they would never, ever tolerate anti-Semitism of any sort.

Once again, they are suffering a convenient memory loss.

Have they ever heard of Ambassador Joseph P. Kennedy, the father of the late president? Or, for that matter, another of Joe’s sons, the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy?

Bobby Kennedy, by the way, was appointed attorney general by his brother at the age of 34, with next to no experience. Bobby’s brother, the president, was embarrassed by the obvious nepotism, but their father had ordered Jack to do it. And even as president-elect, JFK took orders from his father, the most notorious anti-Semite in American political history.

The Kennedys are – or should – be an embarrassment to the Democrat party for many reasons, most of which involve the old admonition that parties that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Finally, the question of anti-Semitism, much on the minds of shocked Democrats these days, or so they claim. Joe Kennedy, the family patriarch, set the pace for the rest of his family to follow, but he affectionately described his third son Bobby as a “hater” as well.

Bobby detested gays as well as Jews. He made endless jokes about J. Edgar Hoover, the gay FBI director. Told that Hoover’s gay lover Clyde Tolson was having minor surgery, Bobby quipped, “What, a hysterectomy?”

Bobby also used to joke that ambitious G-men often named their new sons “Edgar.” If an agent’s wife gave birth to a daughter, Bobby said, the agent would name her “Clyde.”

At a party before the March on Washington in 1963, Bobby asked a white woman of his acquaintance why she wanted to march with a “black queer” – referring to Dr. Martin Luther King’s top aide, Bayard Rustin.

In 1962, before his brother’s famous 46th birthday party at Madison Square Garden, Bobby called the head of 20th Century Fox to ask permission for Marilyn Monroe, the girlfriend of both brothers, to leave the set of her new movie to fly east to croon “Happy Birthday” to the president. When the mogul balked, citing the fact that the picture was already behind schedule, Bobby began screaming, calling him a “Jew bastard.”

Another time in the White House, attorney general Bobby ran into Dr. Max Jacobson, a/k/a “Dr. Feelgood,” whose drug cocktails both JFK and First Lady Jackie had become seriously addicted to. Jacobson, who was Jewish, was making a delivery of his dangerous contraband with another Jewish friend when Bobby spotted them.

Get out of here and go back to New York, you kikes!” RFK bellowed, according to Dr. Feelgood’s biographer.

During the 1960 primary in Wisconsin, Bobby became so angry at a Jewish CBS radio reporter that, in front of a number of witnesses, he loudly heckled him as a “Stevenson Jew,” as in Adlai Stevenson.

Joe Kennedy built the family fortune in a myriad of speculative enterprises, some legal, others not so much. To avoid the higher tax burdens of New York and Massachusetts, he mostly lived in Palm Beach, where until the 1960s blacks were forbidden by law to own property.

He was not a nice person, to put it mildly, but Joe particularly despised Jews.

“As a race they stink,” he told one of his aides while serving as FDR’s ambassador to the Court of St. James before World War II.

Many of Joe’s most rabid anti-Semitic (and anti-black) rants are included in a 2001 compilation of his letters and diaries edited by his own granddaughter, Amanda Smith.

In the book, “Hostage to Fortune: The Letters of Joseph P. Kennedy,” he referred to then-Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter as a “Jew chiseler.” Kennedy believed Jews controlled both the New Deal and the media, and were blocking his path to national office. On page after page of his diary, he obsessively listed the Jewish ties of FDR’s top aides:

“A Jew wife and 2 Jew children… a Jew wife… a Jew… a Jew mother… wife was a Jew… wife is a Jew… all Jews….”

Racism? How about President John F. Kennedy’s consorting – and partying with — some of the worst political racists of the 20th century, including his best friend in Congress, Sen. George Smathers, a charter member of JFK’s pussy posse?

Then there was JFK’s alliance with Gov. John Patterson of Alabama, who in 1958 ran to the segregationist right of George Wallace, and won. (Afterwards, Wallace vowed that he would never be “outniggered” again. He wasn’t. Rep. Keith Ellison, the potential next DNC chair, has claimed on TV that Wallace was a Republican. He wasn’t.)

Patterson was such an unrepentant racist that Jackie Robinson, who broke the color barrier in major league baseball, endorsed Richard M. Nixon in 1960. Robinson was subsequently shunned in polite society. The more things change….

Sexism? For decades the Kennedys have been targeting women. Their behavior would indicate that even if women have a right to choose whether or not to have abortions, the Kennedy men believe their dates have no such right to decide whether or not they want to have sex with them.

Then there’s religious bigotry. In 1994, Sen. Ted Kennedy was challenged for reelection by Mitt Romney. The Kennedys, chiefly then-Cong. Joseph P. Kennedy II, crippler of a young woman on Nantucket in 1973, unleashed a torrent of anti-Mormon vitriol against Romney.

The attacks were so vicious, and so false, that even the Kennedy family house organ, the Boston Globe, as well as the Archdiocese of Boston’s newspaper, demanded that the Kennedys cease and desist.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since we're doing quotes:

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize
they can bribe the people with their own money."

- Alexis de Tocqueville (1805–1859)

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration!
Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

- Adolf Hitler

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money,
that will herald the end of the republic.”

- Benjamin Franklin

“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidateswho promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways
to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days
is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding
fathers used in the great struggle for independence."

- Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"Only an armed people can be truly free.
Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved."

- Aristotle

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once it was me, not wealthy but doing my job. The CBC reports to parliament as a national public broadcasting system. When Kennedy cleared the US networks at the height of the missile crisis, from Toronto network news headquarters I told CBC management we were clearing our network for his address.

As you and Americans know, our prime minister Diefenbaker and Kennedy hated each other, couldn't abide being in each other's presence. CBC Ottawa, at the time in an executive interregnum of sycophants, said to follow orders, no clearance. I said it had to be carried, no ifs, buts or whys.

CBC Ottawa said Kennedy might be just announcing a bond drive. I complied to higher authority, allowing an egregious breach of partisan politics into the publicly owned system, and added "But you're going to read about what you've done at 9 (o'clock) in the (Toronto) Star's bulldog edition."

Ottawa caved; it would have been a scandal of epic proportions. Another 15 CBC journalists including myself---Minifie, Nash, Burke, Gould, Cameron, Cunningham etc--- were unable to get CBC to remove an incompetent, lying news manager. We hired a lawyer out of Dean Acheson's firm in Washington.

We let the feisty, red-haired Irishman named Kelly do all the talking as we sat around the "Kremlin's" boardroom on Jarvis street. The CBC brass was forced to back down to maintain the news system's and parliament's integrity. The brass then invited us to a "little party" at the Westbury.

We were thanked profusely for taking action. "Hard as we tried, we couldn't get rid of him. You know how it is, management must always protect its own." I am not aware of a single incident where the CBC commanded its news people to bail on anything, except the command above, stopped immediately.

The CBC is one of the most respected media organizations in the world. I was with it from its television beginnings to the late 60s. No US network comes even close---maybe CBS under Fred Friendly when it told Washington to shove it when he was asked to fire Canadian Morley Safer for his Vietnam reporting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, you have reminded me of some old names and places. In the early and middle 1980's my back yard looked at the back of the "Kremlin". LOL

But I of course, in my earlier comment, wasn't looking for the names of long ago newsmen who took their jobs seriously, yourself included. I was looking for the name of the current man or woman who dictates the course for this current abomination of a news gathering and dissemination organization.

Of course, there isn't one. And it's poor quality can't be blamed on the Conservatives....everyone at the current CBC did their best to destroy the Conservatives. It clearly was no organ of the state.

My point being that it's a fallacy to blame the current sorry state of main stream media news gathering and broadcast skills on the mogul who owns the organization. In Canada, we had the example of Conrad Black, a conservative media mogul if ever there was one, being lamented when he lost control of the Post to the Aspers, by the very leftist journalist he hired. Why? Because he expected and demanded quality work and writing and created the sort of newsroom they all were dying to work in.

The sorry state of our media is a direct result of the leftists ownership (NY Times, Washington Post, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star etc. THE LIST IS EXTENSIVE) and employees who abandoned objectivity in favour of pushing their own agenda.

Edit to add....your last paragraph...you are out of the loop. The CBC TV news organization is a joke by any standard. It may once have been respected but is no longer.

What was 40 years ago is most likely no longer true today.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/16/16 03:48 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

"What was 40 years ago is most likely no longer true today."

This is absolutely true, on the word to me by Craig Oliver with CBC or CTV nearly 20 years ago, inveigling me to come back to put some fun in the newsroom.

"You wouldn't believe what it's like now," he said. "The newsroom is quiet as a morgue, everyone in a tie and three-piece suit carrying a brief case." I always had a case of Molson's Blue or bottle of pinch in my typewriter well.

For all that, I'm impressed with some of these kids coming out of journalism school. I'm miles apart from Conrad Black but think he's the right stuff as writer and newspaperman. His Rise to Greatness, History of Canada is truly great.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John Gunther

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
...."You wouldn't believe what it's like now," he said. "The newsroom is quiet as a morgue....

....For all that, I'm impressed with some of these kids coming out of journalism school....

Ratings'll do that every time.

Today, prez obama now claims he told the russians to 'cut it out' back in September. Ever since that stern warning, the email hacks stopped. Do you know of an young 'journalist' that would just ask him why he led a post election talking point attack, in December?

Do you think the russians are shaking in their boots, or is he more concerned with promoting his upcoming lecture tour? Is he trying to drum up a new legacy, because that hill coat tails thing didn't turn out too well?

Hey, journalist, hmmm, the same kind of 'ist' as racist, misogynist, golfist? Wouldn't a smart young journalist corner bo with a few tough questions to position themselves as an insider with the incoming admin.? The whole world is watching, imaging being able to 'leak' a tweet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He gave me a set of encyclopedias..You guys should check out Guilfoyle tonite...ZOWEE...Arent most of these guys you all are nattering about DEAD? Get a double gun, get in the field, if you remember where that is...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back to Obama. What is fascinating is how Obama is portraying all the dismal failures of his reign as successes. For him to cite the economy, job creation, unemployment, and Obamacare as somehow successes clearly shows the complete detachment of Obama and the Democrats to the actual reality of America. At least Jimmy Carter was somewhat honest.

Clinton's campaign reflected this, and the fact that the only real issues she ran on were free college and taxing the rich. it's no surprise she lost, and entirely predictable she's blaming everything but her position on issues.

Last edited by Ken61; 12/17/16 10:50 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.