May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (R Reynolds, 2 invisible), 625 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,639
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Canada is certainly different from US in its polities and civil order with surpassing educational standards....

....A case could be made for Canadian exceptionalism because there is no place like Canada anywhere on earth right now, after watching the US rise to national supremacy and decline suddenly....

....To stay on thread of a "failed" presidency....

The decline is not so sudden. Moron, a term of endearment bestowed on a sitting US president by our exceptional neighbors to the north, reflects the pinnacle of grace and civility by those intolerant others. It was probably coined by northern natives, currently serving their punishment in squalor and disgrace. Nothing a little infrastructure investment won't fix.

Craig, as you know from his many posts over the years, King subscribes to the belief of Canadian moral superiority over Americans and comments on it in his passive/aggressive manner on a regular basis. While we all know there is resentment towards Americans all over the world, those Canadians who, glibly and with no skin in the game, criticize Americans and imagine Canadians superior, enrage many of their fellow Canadians.

It is both wrong and reeking of ingratitude and bad manners and is a blight on our national character. The best I can say is we aren't the only nationality that does it. Sadly, we are the nationality that gains the most from good relations with America. That truth is often lost on our more critical thinking challenged residents.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/15/16 01:02 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mc
EH. isn't a preposition "EH"

Huh?

Doubting you'll get the irony of that.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/15/16 01:04 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bavaria can make you want to pull your hair out, but still my really zany experiences have been with Canadians. However my experience has been limited to Ontario and Quebec. I think we would all be happier if you took the North East of the US and we got the Midwest of Canada.

I understand those folks in the mid western provinces are a different breed and I have always wanted to take the train ride through western Canada.

There is supposed to be a simple unspoiled beauty about Canada that I've always wanted to experience but have never been able to.

Last edited by pooch; 12/15/16 01:28 PM.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

sorry canvasback, i thought you would get the "surfer speak" "Eh"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....Craig, as you know from his many posts over the years....

No big deal cback. I'm just testing a strategy. I figure if I can work enough repetition into the 'conversation', it'll become fact. Next one I'll work on, he wears sheer kilts only, January thru March. Can I interest anyone in a caliphate on the streets of london?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: pooch
Bavaria can make you want to pull your hair out, but still my really zany experiences have been with Canadians. However my experience has been limited to Ontario and Quebec. I think we would all be happier if you took the North East of the US and we got the Midwest of Canada.

I understand those folks in the mid western provinces are a different breed and I have always wanted to take the train ride through western Canada.

There is supposed to be a simple unspoiled beauty about Canada that I've always wanted to experience but have never been able to.

Pooch, I have lived half my life in the East and half in the West. Manitoba and Alberta to be exact. I live in the East (Ontario) now only to be close enough to be able to share custody of my boy with my ex. The moment he's an adult, I'm gone back West. They are two entirely different places with very different social attitudes.

You are quite right about the better "meshing" of the US NE with Ontario and the prairie provinces with the US states west of the Mississippi. I don't think anyone wants Quebec. LOL

Edit to add.... you have to get away from the Windsor to Quebec City corridor if you want to really enjoy Canada and Canadians.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/15/16 02:03 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: canvasback
....Craig, as you know from his many posts over the years....

No big deal cback. I'm just testing a strategy. I figure if I can work enough repetition into the 'conversation', it'll become fact. Next one I'll work on, he wears sheer kilts only, January thru March. Can I interest anyone in a caliphate on the streets of london?

Hahahahahaha!

That's one bad mental image.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/15/16 01:44 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hmmm,the smiley-face, sociopathic, America-hating commie troll once again spouts his drivel.

"Ugly American"

"US loss of faith in its governance and institutions, divided more now than in modern history."

"Xenophobia"

I'd list the rest of the crap, but it's getting tiresome.

Now Sralin, who really cares? You and Canada are irrelevant.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have heard some really sophomoric rants from "Quebecians", but have also had a very dear friend from Quebec. One must be careful painting with a broad brush.

In spite of what I say I do like Canada, but I have frozen my ass off up there. One of the things I don't understand is why Canadians essentially close down Niagara Falls in January. I think the falls are the most beautiful when the ice and snow is every where

Last edited by pooch; 12/15/16 02:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe Canadians generally think differently from Americans, James.They certainly act more tolerantly of others. And I'm the guy who offers near-apologia here for how the US is turning: a majority of Americans voted against what the president-elect is proposing. I praise a majority who voted from their hearts and not their pockets nor pie-in-the-sky.

Living in Canada's industrial heartland and financial centre, you as businessman and entrepreneur, we both know Canada has more skin in the game than most countries, with $2-billion daily crossing the border every day in trade, their best customer, neighbour and constant ally (except flat no to what became the Iraq tragedy).

We are friends with different notions of governance who may have shared similar sentiments on grounds of not Canadian values when your party veered toward race-baiting to save itself during the federal election a year ago. The current front runners for your party leadership are sailing close to that repudiated line. You back Trumpism; I do not.

Although you were right and I was wrong in predicting his ascension, I am clearly on the side of a majority of Americans who want something different than they're getting for their country. Bit of a stretch to put anti-American resentment on that, James.

Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.