April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Southern Sport, Bret Adams, David Williamson, obsessed-with-doubles, SKB, 1 invisible), 989 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,119
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1026 09/14/06 11:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rabbit,
Maybe you should fire the thing into a snow bank when you get the chance (and, contrary to the naysayers here, I think you will get that chance, soon enough) and see where the damn thing puts the pellets? "I can't hit anything with it" doesn't give us much to work with. Do the dimensions of the stock relate well to your outer primate? As Keith Code used to say (motorcycle racing school, but, the same idea) "Quit asking the question in your mind, and start pursuing the answer out on the track".
As to Niagra, I haven't a single clue, but, that is one HELL of a lot of water going over the edge, circa 5 years or so past, when I last saw it. To the warm weather hand wringers, never forget, we are one Krakatoa volcanic event from a prolonged, and painful "volcanic winter" the likes of which the world has seen many times before, so, worry not in the least about the weather, as the seismic clowns can't do any better than the climate guys.

What, me worry? Only about the weenies who want to make up stories about the cloroflurocarbon people ending life as we know it, and putting a legal business out of same. You guys would sure howl louder if they tried that with the blaze orange color producers. Maybe that's next.
Best,
Ted

#1027 09/14/06 11:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted:

The gun I could neither mount nor shoot well was a Citori Superlight 20. I asked about the source of my strange ability to shoot this long-stocked Charlin but didn't suggest I was having any trouble. The darn thing is ic/full and with PC Post wads in the four marked shells for doubles I'm not going under 21 at skeet. I can short stroke everything before the stake at 3 and 4 and it's pretty good out of bounds (sporting influence) with either barrel. I've always "straitened out" high 2 and low 6 with every gun I've shot so a light gun won't change that habit but I like it and I ain't skeereduvit.

And then there are the asteroids (disasteroids?) on an intercepting course and you never know when the Intergalactic Bypass will go thru. So long . . . etc. Where's Wonko? You see "Silent Running" Ted? Bruce Dern whacks a few shipmates to save the botanicals. Has that eschaton finality and sadness which you appear to relish.

jack

#1028 09/15/06 07:52 AM

Like I say, it's nice to know you and Shufflebean are not just dilettantes at this but real experts. Thanks for the true facts. I'l have to let my grandchildren know that global warming is just a liberal myth. What a relief. Thanks for your research.

#1029 09/15/06 09:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

They would no doubt be much more pleased to know that they really aren't related to you.

You want to see their little eyes light up, tell them that.

Rabbit, not much of a movie guy, as all my hobbies spread me 'kinda thin. However, most movies are long on fiction (like portside) and perhaps you will find him able to respond intelligently on that subject-Lord knows he can't on anything else.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ortolan- a small bird about the size of a sparrow- served steamed au fond, apparently a delicacy for the Upper Crusties in Franch and Europe- Piaf-- a sparrow, a cousin perhaps to the Ortolan? Le Reynard!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dearest Runny,
We are, what, over ten years past on this posting? More than one of those involved has died, or, gone MIA.

They aren't able to respond to your, no doubt, razor sharp wit.

Perhaps you might consider that. Prior to posting.

Have a good season, Francis. Don't get thrown off any more boards.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, You're right that addressing climate change would waste a lot of money if the scientists are wrong. On the other hand imagine what the cost of doing nothing is when it turns out they're right. The most conservative response would clearly seem to seem to be to act.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

How did this thread get over 30 thousand views? Board overrun with 'what's the best hinge pin grease' that week?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Ted, You're right that addressing climate change would waste a lot of money if the scientists are wrong. On the other hand imagine what the cost of doing nothing is when it turns out they're right. The most conservative response would clearly seem to seem to be to act.

Just for you, bill:

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/12/satellites-no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-8-months/

The thread is ten years old. The climate hasn't changed in 18+ years, but, Al Gore junior told us the ice would be melted at both poles before now.

Before that they said we were all going to freeze to death in global cooling. Tell us all about the time in your teaching career when you taught the kiddies that untruth, bill.

When, exactly, is it going to turn out the "scientists" (every, single, one of them, no doubt, in your mind) are right?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill

Probably not a good idea to start down this road. The debate is always enjoyable, but you should ask Dave first if he wants to have an AGW thread going.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.