April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, Skeeterbd, ClapperZapper, Lloyd3, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 971 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,114
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Washington State Rebellion

Washington State Gun owners stage the largest felony civil disobedience rally in American history

State Representative Elizabeth Scott noted that Founding Father Alexander Hamilton said any law that violates the Constitution is not valid, and there is a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws.

-by Jeffrey Phillips

Around 1,000 gun owners rallied at the state capitol in Olympia, WA, openly armed, this past Saturday in defiance of the newly passed gun control law, I-594.

"This isn't just a protest. We are here to openly violate the law" stated Gavin Seim, organizer of the event, named I Will Not Comply."

At the end of the rally, gun owners burned their concealed weapons permits and signed a petition vowing to refuse to follow the new gun control law. The petition ended with the text, "We pledge our blood. We will not comply."

This certainly isn't the first large scale act of civil disobedience by gun owners in defiance of gun laws. Earlier this year in Connecticut hundreds of thousands of gun owners refused to send in their gun registration forms, also becoming felons. Similar numbers of gun owners in New York have also refused to send in their registration paperwork and some even video taped themselves burning the forms.

Fed up with the passage of an 18-page incoherent, rambling, unconstitutional gun control initiative that was bankrolled by billionaires (the Hungarian Jewish NAZI George Soros --- Michael Bloomberg just to name a couple), gun owners across Washington state held the largest felony civil disobedience rally in the nation's history, brazenly titled "I Will Not Comply."

No one was hurt and no stores were looted. Between 1,000 and 3,000 lawful gun owners showed up openly armed at the state capitol in Olympia, Wash., on Saturday to defy the newly passed gun control law, I-594.

Organizer Gavin Seim made the extraordinary nature of the rally very clear, "This isn't just a protest. We are here to openly violate the law. Attendees publicly transferred their guns to each other in violation of I-591's background check provisions, and some even bought and sold guns just a few feet away from law enforcement. A fire pit blazed throughout the rally, and at the conclusion, gun owners lined up to burn their concealed weapons permits. A petition was circulated affirming gun owner's refusal to follow I-594, which ended with, "We pledge our blood. We will not comply."

As the RSVPs in advance of the rally grew to over 6,000, the police, most who probably detest I-594, decided not to enforce the law.

The Washington State Patrol announced there would be no arrests for exchanging guns, not even for selling guns. Seim refused to obtain a permit to hold the rally, citing the right of people to peaceably assemble.

The rally could not be dismissed as fringe elements. Several lawmakers and lawmen spoke, including former Graham County Sheriff Richard Mack of Arizona, Washington State Rep. Elizabeth Scott (R-Monroe) and Rep. Graham Hunt (R-Orting), who sported an AR-15 during his speech. Mack advised gun owners engaging in civil disobedience to "put your sheriff next to you to keep it peaceful." Scott defiantly explained in her speech, "I will not comply with I-594 because it is unconstitutional, unenforceable and unjust. It is impossible to enforce this law unless there is a police officer on every back porch and in every living room. So it will be enforced selectively." She noted that Founding Father Alexander Hamilton said any law that violates the Constitution is not valid, and there is a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws.

Seim, a political activist and congressional candidate, wrote on his website, "Today I become an OUTLAW! Arrest me! I will NOT comply."

He led the rally peacefully, and at one point asked everyone attending to kneel with him in prayer. As he led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance, he stressed, "I am not pledging obedience to the government, it is to the Republic. We don't ask for our rights, and we don't negotiate for our rights. We will take America back."

Another speaker explained what was happening this way, "We no longer consent nor comply." Mike Vanderboegh, whose Three Percenter movement is modeled after the three percent of the colonists who fought in the American War of Independence, said that those at the rally are the resistance behind enemy lines. The resistance is also taking place in a handful of other states with strict gun control laws, where patriots are now smuggling in weapons illegally. Vanderboegh told attendees, "This is the tyranny the Founding Fathers warned us about. Tyranny can be voted into existence by a majority. We will not fire the first shot, but if need be, we will fire the last."

Gun control zealots have finally gone too far. Gun owners are now discovering that the police in New York are using gun control laws to confiscate guns from family members within days after their owners pass away. Hundreds of thousands of gun owners in Connecticut and New York who failed to register their AR-15s earlier this year are now felons.

Requiring the registration of guns or requiring background checks, as I-594 does, allows the government to compile a list of gun owners that can be used later for confiscation.

If guns cause crime, then why wasn't there a single mishap, considering there were 1,000 or so guns present and hundreds of violations of felony law taking place? Tellingly, Washington State Trooper Guy Gill predicted beforehand, "Most of these folks are responsible gun owners. We probably will not have an issue." The truth is, the state capitol was probably the safest place in the state last Saturday.

Patriots have had enough. The Second Amendment is gradually being eroded, state by state, and gun owners are not going to lie down and give up their arms.

A handful of billionaires and elitists in blue cities like Seattle do not respect the Constitution nor represent the vast majority of Americans. Another rally in Olympia is planned for January 15, and another one in Spokane onDecember 20.

The Second Amendment Foundation, headquartered in Bellevue, intends to sue the state over I-594, and will be lobbying the legislature to get the law changed or repealed. Washington state is now ground zero for patriotic gun owners resisting tyranny, which is at a tipping point since law enforcement does not intend to enforce I-594. What happens next?

Please share this with any legal gun owners you know to get them into the right mindset to help this happen nationwide.

[Editor's Note. With no regard for the [United States] Constitution: Hillary Clinton, if elected, says she will ban guns and leave citizens defenseless. Barack Obama is working behind the scenes to ban guns.]

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Like those good ole boys in Maryland said a few years back,

"We ain't registering nothing."

Sidelock
Sidelock

They should not be required to register sporting guns. Assault weapons are already registered requiring special federal licensing additionally in my county they also require a trust setup.
I have to go and vote. They just sent me sample ballot and there are couple of proposed constitutional amendments that need to be voted on. It will probably not do any good, but I intend to vote for RJT.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Semi-automatic, military-style rifles are not "Assault Weapons". This is merely another lie and obfuscation by the Left as a rationalization to subvert the Second Amendment. The same tactic is used when describing the mythological " Gunshow Loophole".

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Back in 1968 the big "Catch Word" was Saturday Night Special. Their definition of SNS fit a lot of high priced, extremely useful small revolvers, not just the Cheapies they were using as examples. Never here much about the SNS's anymore after they got their law passed.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, we went almost a week i think...

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
Well, we went almost a week i think...

1) How is this so damaging and hurtful to you Brian?

2) Why do you continue to have a problem simply skipping over the things that do not interest you... even when they are newsworthy and represent a threat to our right to keep and bear arms?

Thanks again Jim, for reminding us that there is a relentless threat to erode the 2nd Amendment. The fact that some here prefer to keep their heads in the sand should never be a deterrent.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The rally occurred in 2014 after the passage of I-594. It was hot news in the area a few years back and I was glad to see the good folks of WA hold their rally's in Olympia and Spokane, in protest of the passage of I-594.

A similar bill was initially defeated in the legislature, after which the big money came out of the woodwork, to work to get it placed on the ballot as an initiative. Big money includes those mentioned as well as Bill Gates who donated $1,000,000 and Paul Allen who donated $500,000 to the cause.

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

So, the rally mentioned in the OP occurred in 2014? Is that what I am reading?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless there's been another, more recent one, which I doubt, since I haven't seen any mention of one in the Spokane paper, which I read daily, the rally in Olympia and Spokane occurred in 2014.

A link that covers the Spokane rally in Dec 2014, which took place after the Olympia rally.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/27678138/i-594-opponents-rally-outside-spokane-courthouse

Cameron Hughes
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.