April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Argo44, graybeardtmm3, Jem Finch, 67galaxie, bushveld, 2 invisible), 1,117 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
Your point? Not sure where global mean temperatures fit in but if it makes you any happier, all my degrees are in Science. As is my profession.

How long will you wait?

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack,
You read an abstract. A one paragraph summary of the entire 5-15 page paper. If you want to know what the details are, read it and find out.

And yes, the gizzard is a milling operation.

Brent

Last edited by BrentD; 06/26/07 09:02 PM.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

BrentD

Get a life. This is not the proper place or time to get on a environment soapbox. A true expert can tolerate people who do not agree with their position and do not feel threatened by it or need to attack them for their non belief. You posts are getting off the subject of guns and into much more subjective things.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some "currency," isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
The fact is, some scientific currency is science fiction.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I Googled up LEO and discovered that a high quality abstract "provides logical connections (or transitions) between the information included". All I saw in Brent's was total nos. of birds opened up per species and the prevalence of non-tox in the pre-digester. If I were an academic, I'd probably think what Brent presented was a summary of data but I'm not so I won't.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY I've got a fine life thank you. Your's seems to be a bit thin in some areas but perhaps it suits you. Now what's not germaine about lead shot poisoning? And what's subjective about the data? Let's see the specifics.

Brent

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ecological journals and Al Gore's greenie science!
Lead shot barely jarred the Richter Scale when it came to pollution. Lobbied, bought and sold quack science found the duck hunter easy prey to put under it's well greased thumb. With all that man has done to his world - it was the lead in the old boy's gun that was made to be the monster.
Welcome to the Pan-American world of science - trust me!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 06/26/07 11:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell you ever read Capooths book "The Golden Age of Waterfowling"....they started trying to get lead shot outlawed for duck hunting in the early 1900's.
Isn't that before weird Science and Green piece ?

Best I can figure...It was because of the concentrations of lead that were occuring at the duck hunting honey holes.

Isn't lead one of the most common metals on the planet ?

I'm having problems seeing how an upland hunter is going to ever throw enough lead in one spot to make any difference ?

Gun Clubs clean up their ranges...so where's the beef with lead shot ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where you been h0miej0e?
My biff has been in almost everyone of my replies.
The duck hunter was the scientific greenies whippin'boy.
How about the traditional southern dove fields, where the boys make 10 shots for every downed bird with that tasty #7 shot.
The flyways are fairly void of hunters these days.
Its kinda like putting pepper on your meatloaf from the space station.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell,
That you making noises again?

The "flyways failr void of hunters"? where ya been? Sitting in front of your TV I guess. Hard to find a place to park your boat trailer at the landings, and parking spots in the marsh must be secured before a quarter past midnight or you won't get one at all.

I guess you are living in your own imaginary world with your own imaginary problems. A sad life indeed.

Brent

_________

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.