Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the help guys.

I got the LC Smith all back together this morning. Even though I fitted each part of the action as I worked on one area or another, it just didn't fall back into place when trying to assemble it all.

I took it into the local gun shop to brag and bost. None noticed the stock repair.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks Good,,another one saved!

If there's any trick to the assembly of the trigger plate and battling that heavy top lever spring using the punch and V slotted screw driver method,,it's that you have the handle of the screw driver against your stomach and use that to push with.

That leaves both your hands completely free.
The trigger plate should be screwed down at both ends enough to give it some 'bowed' tension against the top lever spindle.
The spindle will then snap into it's hole when in place.

You are totally in control, no shaking wrists fighting heavy springs. No extra holes in the wood. Takes seconds to do.

This is the way it was done at the orig factory and at Marlin when they produced the LCS. The latter is where I was shown how in the early 70's in the Repair Shop.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The LC Smith is leaning against the wall. It's staged to load up and go with us to a cowboy action shooting match tomorrow and Sunday. Most will think I'm just nuts for shooting the big 10 gauge. But there will be a few that will appreciate seeing the old gun.

Expecting sunshine, high in the 70s. Getting out and shooting with the wife and friends. It's a winner no matter what I score.

I'm taking my action cams. I may get some video of it in use again.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is a YouTube video I made of one of the stages at our Cowboy Action Shooting match yesterday. Most of it is in 4X speed. The exception is the one shooter in the middle of the video that is exceptionally fast. I slowed the video down by half speed just to make him look mortal.

I'm the third shooter. If there was a contest for bringing the biggest shotgun to the match, I would have easily won!

Last edited by Bibbyman; 09/05/16 02:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

GREAT
Thank you for sharing
You can sure cock those hammers

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's too bad I didn't know you years ago. My first project gun was a 12 gauge Crescent hammer gun. After I got it back on face and shooting I wondered about it's horrible patterns. After measuring the barrels at both the muzzles and above the chambers and finding both ends measuring .701" in both barrels I realized that someone at the factory had forgotten to bore the barrels to the proper .729" diameter below the muzzles leaving a very tightly bored cylinder choked gun with very thick barrels. I can't think of a much better candidate for a coach gun than that old Crescent. I ended up selling it on consignment through a local gun dealer, hopefully it was turned into a coach gun.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.