April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, 2 invisible), 1,007 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#453268 08/14/16 10:08 PM
GMCS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I got a flyer for a vintage gunners cup. Formally the Vintagers I gather. There will be a meet in Maryland at Hopkins game farm in Sept. My question has anyone been harassed by the MD state police besides me. I work for the Navy and my command is in Indian head MD I have to go there on occasion. Myself and other Virginians who live in VA. and have CCW permits seem to get pulled over a lot when crossing into Md in the last few years.I never carry when I know I have to travel to Md. I try to avoid crossing into Md as much as possible. I would like to attend but am a little Leary of taking some nice guns and a bunch of ammo into the decidedly un-friendly State.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just go to Rock Mountain instead that weekend --

http://foxcollectors.com/My%20Forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6725

Sidelock
Sidelock

I drive into Maryland to shoot often and have never been stopped . However it's a fact the State Police are aggressive . My routine anywere not just Maryland is low profile. No stickers no speeding nothing to give them a reason to stop me. I even put a padlock on the handle of a soft case in the trunk just in case. Word is they issue the summons and let the judge sort it out. Expensive path.

Now Stealth has been defeated by tech. They run your plate and the Permit pops up on the officers screen. Be polite and don't give him any reason to issue a summons. Have a copy of the event flyer on hand guns separated from ammo and everything locked.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 08/15/16 07:29 AM.
Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Boats
I drive into Maryland to shoot often and have never been stopped . However it's a fact the State Police are aggressive . My routine anywere not just Maryland is low profile. No stickers no speeding nothing to give them a reason to stop me. I even put a padlock on the handle of a soft case in the trunk just in case. Word is they issue the summons and let the judge sort it out. Expensive path.

Now Stealth has been defeated by tech. They run your plate and the Permit pops up on the officers screen. Be polite and don't give him any reason to issue a summons. Have a copy of the event flyer on hand guns separated from ammo and everything locked.

Why worry about Maryland, just go to Penn. the police treat you like people and the shoot at Rock Mt will be friendly and a whole lot more fun....!
Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys, with all due respect to Eis who no doubt did not intend any offence, this line was pasted into my post. I don't have a dog in the Rock Mt vs Vintage Cup fight, in fact think it's crazy to have two events same weekend.

But for the record I did not say this

"Why worry about Maryland, just go to Penn. the police treat you like people and the shoot at Rock Mt will be friendly and a whole lot more fun....!"

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 08/15/16 08:45 AM.
Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Boats. sorry about that, I did not mean the way it sounded. All I wanted to say was, the Rock Mt shoot sounds like a great shoot and I am sorry that the Vintagers shoot had to try and use this weekend, it would have been a nice shoot if they had scheduled it for another weekend (yes I have heard about this weekend belonged to the Vintagers, where were they the last 2 years ! So now they own theses dates forever....? come on....)Like you I have no skin in this but come on our group is small enough, can't we figure out shoots that don't conflict.?

Last edited by Eis; 08/16/16 02:32 PM.
Eis #453424 08/16/16 12:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have only lived in MD for 67 years. My parents lived in VA until I was 3. I have never been harassed by a MD State Trooper involving the truckload of guns I normally carry. I know of no MD law that prevents me from carrying as many guns as my truck will hold. Since I live in MD, I can attend both Rock Mountain and the Hopkins shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No offence taken.

I am likely to attend one fall event that's all. Had a business appointment near Hopkins last week and shot there, first time. Nice place but hear Rock MT is too.

Shame the organizers can't get together on dates. The market will sort it out. Be nice if it did not come to that.

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

" I don't have a dog in the Rock Mt vs Vintage Cup fight, in fact think it's crazy to have two events same weekend."

it is terrible to learn that dog fighting is now included as a side event at vintage shotgun shoots...what next? bull baiting?...peta should be alerted and a protest arranged ...should be a lotta professional protesters available, including those wid drone mounted video cameras, now that the political conventions are over...thank goodness for dat...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you are as crazy as a crap house rat. Who said anything about dog fighting in Lord Calvert's State anyway. We have almost the same "chicken=shit" Cop thing here in the Fall, when the U of M plays Ohio State in late Nov. If you are a Michigander and are driving across the State line to get to the game in Columbus, set your cruise control at 4 to 5 mph below the posted limit, and stay out of the passing lane. Just the way it is..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.